Tyrod Taylor: PFF Breakout Player of the Year

I do wonder if Doug Whaley cringes with every award Tyrod receives.......

Tyrod needs a new contract.....but we cant afford to GIVE him that contract right now and bring back the players we need to bring back right now

Yes, having a very good young QB get the recognition he deserves is a nightmare for a GM. Especially when some media outlet gives it.

What's even more of a nightmare for a GM is having to give a no name QB a rich contract after 1 year of decent play.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, having a very good young QB get the recognition he deserves is a nightmare for a GM. Especially when some media outlet gives it.

What's even more of a nightmare for a GM is having to give a no name QB a rich contract after 1 year of decent play.

I am not in favor of giving him a new contract right now either

BUT

There are pitfalls to this.....As we can tell by watching other teams around the league there are not enough legit starting QBs for all the NFL teams......which means if we do wait too long someone is gonna come along and try to poach ours.

If he starts next year strong we REALLY need to open up the dialog with his agent.

On the balance of it I like how TT developed in his first year as a starter. But to get the big contract, for me, he has to prove he can come up big when the game is on the line and the ball is in his hands. This was his biggest weakness in 2015. The Bills are right to wait until next year. The audition is not over.

Judging by what he said in the final PC, I'm guessing no.

They know where they stand on Tyrod and the media can say whatever they want. Tyrod will earn his contract in 2016.

Yep. I think the priority for the Bills is extending Gilmore. They can't franchise tag two players, and they want that in their back pocket for Taylor. So if they want to keep Gilmore (and they should) they got to pay the man this year.

I think that's why we won't see the Bills reno Clay's contract or cut loads of guys to go off on a free-agent shopping spree. I think they want to keep cap money for Taylor next year.

What they should do is give TT another show me contract with another bump in salary and another guarenteed year to Bills with additional years / money added in bye week when certain performance goals reached. Sort of like contract they gave to QB in SF for fear he could not live up to a franchise QB contract and they were right.

very Nice TT! MY biggest issue with Tyrod isn't his game.

it's the fact he likes ranch dressing with his wings. WTF?

Small price too pay for the best Bills QB in a long time.

Wait until the end of next season to extend him and he gets 20mil+ on the open market.

Imo

What! get him outta here. haha

If he comes out blazing next year it would be a mistake if he isn't signed to a long term deal before free agency starts. He certainly has the drive for a successful career.

This is not possible

Smarter people here say that Tyrod Taylor sucks

Just like the same people that wanted Frank to start over Kelly All those years ago.... Just goes to show, You can't fix stupid.....

Edited by gordong

@CollinsworthNBC

Congrats to @TyrodTaylor for winning the @PFF breakout player of the year. Well deserved. '16 look out for Buffalo.

CYod2WqUwAAft6P.jpg

Good stuff and I have to say I love what Tyrod was able to do this year in the offense.

Still, there are many factors to be concerned about in the upcoming year. Bills OC Greg Roman did his due diligence in developing Taylor the proper way by limiting the passes and hopefully this continues for the 2016 season and the team doesn't try and rush that development.

Taylor still has a lot of holes in his game that need to be filled in but he developed nicely so no reason to think he won't keep developing his craft.

That said, now let's look back to the 2011 NFL draft and the following season in which read option QB Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick broke so many records as rookies. Kaepernick took his team to the SB in 2012, and the NFC championship the following year. Then fast forward to the next years draft with RG3 going #2 overall and Russell Wilson going in the 3rd round.

Now we have two superstar QB's out of those four in Wilson, Newton and two bums in RG3 and Kaepernick. Which will Tyrod Taylor end up as is the millions of dollars question and only time will tell.

Good stuff and I have to say I love what Tyrod was able to do this year in the offense.

Still, there are many factors to be concerned about in the upcoming year. Bills OC Greg Roman did his due diligence in developing Taylor the proper way by limiting the passes and hopefully this continues for the 2016 season and the team doesn't try and rush that development.

Taylor still has a lot of holes in his game that need to be filled in but he developed nicely so no reason to think he won't keep developing his craft.

That said, now let's look back to the 2011 NFL draft and the following season in which read option QB Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick broke so many records as rookies. Kaepernick took his team to the SB in 2012, and the NFC championship the following year. Then fast forward to the next years draft with RG3 going #2 overall and Russell Wilson going in the 3rd round.

Now we have two superstar QB's out of those four in Wilson, Newton and two bums in RG3 and Kaepernick. Which will Tyrod Taylor end up as is the millions of dollars question and only time will tell.

I disagree. The Bills/Roman do need to rush TT"s development this year. He's been in the league 5 years now and had almost a full season starting this past season. But more importantly, he's under contract for just this year (the last year of the 3-year deal he signed last year was voided) so it's time to take the reins off and see what he can do and if he merits the big money.

Health is my primary concern with Tyrod. I just don't see how he last 16 games most years. I would love to get him a big WR like Treadwell or a vertical threat like Fuller in the 1st - 2nd round, he throws such a pretty deep ball and it's lost on guys like Woods / Hogan.

Health is my primary concern with Tyrod. I just don't see how he last 16 games most years. I would love to get him a big WR like Treadwell or a vertical threat like Fuller in the 1st - 2nd round, he throws such a pretty deep ball and it's lost on guys like Woods / Hogan.

Yup. I was hoping to see more of Dezmin Lewis towards the end of this season.

Taylor formulating offseason workout plans

There aren’t many with a strong work ethic than Tyrod Taylor, who as we covered on Buffalobills.com today, did it all for Buffalo’s offense in 2015. Now that he’s entering 2016 as Buffalo’s incumbent starting quarterback, he’s more motivated than ever to come in as prepared and ready as possible for the 2016 campaign when players report in April.

Last offseason Taylor worked with two-time NFL MVP Kurt Warner for a brief time last offseason, but he’s unsure if he’ll work with a QB instructor one-on-one again this offseason.

Watch: Unfiltered With Tyrod Taylor - Part One (7:35)
John Murphy sits down one-on-one with Bills QB Tyrod Taylor for part one of this week's 'Unfiltered.' They discuss Taylor's path to Buffalo, being named the starter under center, and his drive to being a complete quarterback.

Watch: Unfiltered With Tyrod Taylor - Part Two (8:27)
Part two of this week's 'Unfiltered' with Bills QB Tyrod Taylor. John Murphy and Taylor discuss the QB's mid-season knee injury, his accomplishments so far in the NFL, his connection with WR Sammy Watkins, and his goals moving forward.