1/7/13 Chiefs went Reid 1/6/13 Whaley went Marrone

I was and definitely am in that group. Despite 31 regular season wins in the past 3 seasons in KC, he has appeared in 2 playoff games. Yesterday (against the Houston Hoyers) was his first playoff win since 2008. 2013 summed up Andy Reid perfectly. Starts 9-0, stumbles into the playoffs and then loses a playoff game where his team had 3rd Q 4 TD lead and despite forcing 4 turnovers on Indy. A masterful bit of self destruction

They can have him in KC. He's exactly who that town deserves.

:thumbsup:

Never been to KC, but I don't care for the team or their fans at all.

Edited by Rico

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone quit in 2015, Reid was hired in 2013. And although the concept of this thread is dumb and revisionist, the idea of not being able to better KC's pick of #34 in the draft is kinda silly when you look back on the fact that we, instead, took EJ Manuel around 18th or 19th. I imagine, if you had a time machine, you could go back and still trade back with St. Louis in that draft and get that second pick in the 2nd round that we got Robert Woods with, and maybe even traded down again to about 27 or 28 and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder in that draft to get EJ with later, more where he was slotted, then give that 27 or 28 pick to SF, as it would still be higher than the 34 they got. Again, only with a time machine though.

yeah you are right... I messed up the coming and going of Marrone and didn't mention when Chan got fired. My main point is that Reid was Hired before Marrone and was specifically targeted by Clark Hunt (Chiefs owner) then GM Pioli had little say and was fired when Reid was hired. They quickly hired John Dorsey. Reid was never on the market long and only dealt with the Chiefs. I agree with your other points... people seem to forget that Smith had been replaced by Kaepernick, wasn't a super hot commodity, and many wondered if he would be an upgrade from Fitz. People forget we were always going to draft a QB with a high draft pick with the idea that a veteran would be the care taker for a year or so. If people want to jam up Whaley... I believe it should be on the Qb situation in general. They could have held on to Fitz and tried to let EJ learn as he went. Instead we went the Kolb, Tuel, Lewis, Orton route. I think they should have done a better job reviewing Kolb's medical history with concussions because he took one hit and he still isn't right. We get so much woulda, shoulda, coulda but in regards to Andy Reid he was off the market when Bills hired Marrone.

SO WRONG! MANY ON HERE WERE AGAINST SMITH.

Go to the Docs for alzheimers big boy. I hear Obama has a good health plan implemented. Use it!

Alright enough of this

I could deal with this with someone who actually had the brain capacity to have a debate like Bado and TTT but you are nothing but the little yapper dog that follows along with the rest fo the pack sticking his chest out hoping that one drops a scrap drops on the ground.

If you EVER had a original thought on this board it would be a first.....you are background noise. Nobody really pays any attention to you at all.

And no....Im not taking you to the fukin prom so you can stop following me around begging. Tell your mom to stop making your dress.

Edited by John from Hemet

Personally I think the GM that went with Andy Reid and Alex Smith is smarter than the GM who went with Doug Marrone and EJ Manuel.

And from everything that was reported Reid wanted to come here and be part of a team that may change cities in the very near future.

The reality of discussing things like this is that the same people that shout down negative takes on deals made or not made...........in the name of letting the situation play out.......then pull the "hindsight" card when it doesn't.

That's why it carries no weight as a defense no matter how much it's used.

We can say WE as fans didn't THINK Smith was worth trading more value than the Chiefs offered....................but that hasn't been the case.

First round picks that net very good QB's that lead their team to the playoffs are the definition of great value.

The nice thing is that there is at least a chance that the Bills got a potentially very good long term solution at QB in Tyrod Taylor for nuthin'. :thumbsup:

Effing A. A first round pick at the time for Smith would have been a great deal in retrospect. People forget how well he played in 2012 before being benched. His qb rating against the Bills in that 45-3 drubbing was perfect (158.3), as I recall.

18-24 for 303 yards, 3 tds, and 0 Ints.

I've been there for work conferences. The people there are nice.

Edited by dave mcbride

Effing A. A first round pick at the time for Smith would have been a great deal in retrospect. People forget how well he played in 2012 before being benched. His qb rating against the Bills in that 45-3 drubbing was perfect (158.3), as I recall.

18-24 for 303 yards, 3 tds, and 0 Ints.

I've been there for work conferences. The people there are nice.

I think it's the Tomahawk Chop, just STFU already. I Don't like the Braves or the Seminoles either. Norwood in the Chiefs playoff game going chop, chop, hit the road was just epic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reid is a good coach but I doubt he wanted to coach the Bills. There is no evidence to suggest either side had interest in the other.

As for KC, Reid has a nice team w a decent QB. This is a down year all together in the NFL, who knows how it will end up.

Doug Marrone got an out in his contract if ownership changed. There's no way Reid would have been interested in an influx situation like that. If it had been 2 years later I think we could have landed a coach like him.

I was and definitely am in that group. Despite 31 regular season wins in the past 3 seasons in KC, he has appeared in 2 playoff games. Yesterday (against the Houston Hoyers) was his first playoff win since 2008. 2013 summed up Andy Reid perfectly. Starts 9-0, stumbles into the playoffs and then loses a playoff game where his team had 3rd Q 4 TD lead and despite forcing 4 turnovers on Indy. A masterful bit of self destruction

They can have him in KC. He's exactly who that town deserves.

Yeah he's a real loser. Consistently making the playoffs throughout his career, and taking the Eagles to four straight NFC Championship games. I think what he's been able to do with what he has in KC is great. He's going to the divisional round with a QB who never even throws to wideouts, unless he's playing the Bills. I suppose he's a terrible coach since he hasn't won a Super Bowl? I'd think Bills fans would understand how unfair that is more than anyone.

Yeah he's a real loser. Consistently making the playoffs throughout his career, and taking the Eagles to four straight NFC Championship games. I think what he's been able to do with what he has in KC is great. He's going to the divisional round with a QB who never even throws to wideouts, unless he's playing the Bills. I suppose he's a terrible coach since he hasn't won a Super Bowl? I'd think Bills fans would understand how unfair that is more than anyone.

Total loser, just like Marv and Wade.

November 28, 1993. Arrowhead Stadium. Stupid, stupid tomahawk chant. Hate the Chiefs.

... of course, we returned the favor two months later at home, absolutely hilarious.

But I still hate the Chiefs.

Anyone notice that same off season that the Bills missed out on Bruce Arians, he was the last coach hired. Arians is probably the 2nd best coach in the NFL right now.

I think Arians might have interviewed with the Bills. He was so desperate to get his shot and whilst Chicago was his preferred destination I think he would if invited to interview have interviewed with Buffalo. Whether he'd have taken our job is another question - I am not sure Russ Brandon is the type of guy Arians naturally would warm to.

As for him being the 2nd best Head Coach I still think John Harbaugh is despite the Ravens poor season - keeping that team competing and in all but one game through a myriad of injuries was on hell of a coaching job. But Arians is a top 5 NFL Head Coach without question.

I would go with the Arian/Palmer plan

I couldn't agree more. Outside of the hoodie, my favorite coach in the NFL is Arians. He was not the first hire that winter, so we could have gone after him. He had a run as OC with the steelers, just turned the Colts around when Pagano was ill, and we could have had him. As I stated before, we never had a shot at Reid. Arians was never given a HC opportunity and would have taken it if we went hard at him. The Bears passed him over.