Pettine officially fired by Browns; Marrone to interview

YoloinOhio

Sorry, your reference to out of context media snippets as evidence, to me, is very weak. What you're doing is engaging in rumor mongering, nothing more IMO. Sorry, you've got nothing. Good night and happy New Year.

Once again. I do not care whether you believe me or not. I do not need you or anyone else to believe me on this. I feel 100% confident in the information I was given - I do not need your validation (no offense intended).

I tried to give you an example that is out in the open from which anyone could draw their own conclusions. It was not a media snippet but a press conference that I watched that was unedited. Anyone who watched St. Doug live and unedited can draw their own conclusions about how he treated Scott Berchtold on camera and others off camera.

Kind of surprised Shefter hasn't chimed in for Marrone yet.

I believe Scheffer has chimed in.

Also, as I recall, both Shefter and Marrone are represented by Sexton.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again. I do not care whether you believe me or not. I do not need you or anyone else to believe me on this. I feel 100% confident in the information I was given - I do not need your validation (no offense intended).

I tried to give you an example that is out in the open from which anyone could draw their own conclusions. It was not a media snippet but a press conference that I watched that was unedited. Anyone who watched St. Doug live and unedited can draw their own conclusions about how he treated Scott Berchtold on camera and others off camera.

Is there a link for this?

Did anyone ask Haslam why Sashi is qualified to run that **** show?

nothing else had worked so far, now they are thinking outside the box, lol

True; he left on his own accord.

I will say that based on what we heard of marrone's temperament and relationship with the FO, I don't think he would fit into the Browns organization, where it seems like the power of the coach and GM are going to be severely diluted.

I don't think the coaches role will be diluted, and it actually seems like an interesting spot getting to pick someone you can work with and your same views. In theory it should lead to. Coach and GM on the same page with the players they obtain and how they want the team to be run instead of so e places where the GM brings in guys that don't fit what the coach wants to run....

He's got a good agent trying to make it look like he's in demand.

This got me thinking about when Brandon hired Marrone in 2013. Remember the Bills were like the first team to hire a coach that year. The story was after striking out with Chip Kelly, Brandon locked up Marrone quick because supposedly he was the hot candidate after Kelly.

Now I'm wondering if Brandon got catfished by Marrone's agent?

This got me thinking about when Brandon hired Marrone in 2013. Remember the Bills were like the first team to hire a coach that year. The story was after striking out with Chip Kelly, Brandon locked up Marrone quick because supposedly he was the hot candidate after Kelly.

Probably. I remember thinking along those lines at the time. Here's a guy who did OKAY at Syracuse, but wasn't anything special and supposedly all these NFL teams are suddenly fighting over him. No way. It didn't make sense then, it didn't make sense last offseason and it doesn't make sense now.

Probably. I remember thinking along those lines at the time. Here's a guy who did OKAY at Syracuse, but wasn't anything special and supposedly all these NFL teams are suddenly fighting over him. No way. It didn't make sense then, it didn't make sense last offseason and it doesn't make sense now.

And only did okay with Syracuse in the Big East, getting out the year before they moved to the ACC. Talk about selling high.

I can see Jimmy selling Marrone to the factory of sadness. Had success with Syracuse who hasnt had much lately, got the Bills to 9-7. You could do a lot worse. Not saying he's great and we know he's not loyal.....but what the hell if Brandon could sell him to Bills fans Im sure they Browns can do the same. Plus Marrone can draft his QB...Goff I guess.

Sorry, your reference to out of context media snippets as evidence, to me, is very weak. What you're doing is engaging in rumor mongering, nothing more IMO. Sorry, you've got nothing. Good night and happy New Year.

Sorry, but you don't have the credibility around here that Peter does.

Brandon and Marrone were Syracuse cronies. I remember reading that they served on some sort of committee together.

Brandon should have absolutely no say on this team. He is a liability and not needed at all imo.

Nothing like what you are suggesting by "inappropriate." I am not suggesting anything like that at all. It is interesting that you would think that though.

I would invite you to speak to anyone who worked in that building and ask them how he treated people -- not just football people -- but ordinary people that are just trying to make a living. You can come up with your own opinion about him.[/quot

Did YOU speak to anyone who worked that building and ask them how he treated people? If so give dates, names and statements. Otherwise it seems you're repeating things you heard but did not actually experience. You say this. Now give me some irrefutable evidence or it's just hearsay. Again, this is exactly what I'm talking about. He didn't change from a decent guy to a monster when he went from Syracuse to the Bills. I'm sorry, no offense intended but I get the feeling you really don't know what your talking about but just repeating some rumor you heard.

I remember on new years eve when Marrone left. WGR was doing an interview with Paul Hamilton and while he wasn't as specific as Peter he ripped Marrone a new one saying how awful he treated some of the employees at One Bills Drive. IIRC he even mentioned some would leave in tears after dealing with him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever