Pettine officially fired by Browns; Marrone to interview

YoloinOhio

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factory of Sadness indeed

@SI_Peterking

Just said on @SNFonNBC that the first interview for Browns, coming Tuesday will be former Bills coach Doug Marrone.

Ironic. The Bills rushed to hire Marrone so the Browns wouldn't get him.

@RapSheet

Name to watch as future GM of #Browns: Sashi Brown. He is their head lawyer & big into analytics. @viccarucci just mentioned this as well

#Browns coach Mike Pettine will meet with owner Jimmy Haslam shortly and he'll be informed of his fate soon thereafter. The search is on.

Sashi brown looks young-- like 40. But Harvard law school and looks pretty smart.

Factory of Sadness indeed

@SI_Peterking

Just said on @SNFonNBC that the first interview for Browns, coming Tuesday will be former Bills coach Doug Marrone.

Before they even hire a GM? No, they're not dysfunctional at all... :lol:

Sashi brown looks young-- like 40. But Harvard law school and looks pretty smart.

my take is they need to get rid of everyone in that absurd building and start over. Sasha and Morrocco included.

The Browns have had 4 HCs in the same amount of time OSU has had 4 losses.

my take is they need to get rid of everyone in that absurd building and start over. Sasha and Morrocco included.

The Browns have had 4 HCs in the same amount of time OSU has had 4 losses.

If any team needs a czar, it is the Browns. They ought to hire tom donahoe (seriously)-- he would at least bring some order to that organization.

If any team needs a czar, it is the Browns. They ought to hire tom donahoe (seriously)-- he would at least bring some order to that organization.

I wonder how much it would cost to get Rick Spielman away from the Vikes and back to his hometown. He probably wants to stay with the team he finally has winning with a franchise QB but... Worth A shot. Family all in Ohio. Edited by YoloinOhio

the silver lining for him getting fired is that Johnny is no longer his problem.

I thought Pettine got slightly overrated as our DC because the talent was insane here. But he deserved better.

Good news is that most NFL teams won't hold failing with the Browns as a negative.

I could see Schwartz going back there as HC or DC. I recall there was mutual interest in him as DC right before he came to Buffalo. The Browns dragged their feet too long on the HC hire and then he wasn't a fit with Pettine. He coached in Cleveland with Belichik back in the day.

I thought Pettine got slightly overrated as our DC because the talent was insane here. But he deserved better.

Good news is that most NFL teams won't hold failing with the Browns as a negative.

Well, look what our current DC (or Head Coach) did with basically the same talent.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he, wife Dee, consultant, Sashi Brown will hire coach. Then coach will help hire GM.

Chris Trapasso Retweeted

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 8m8 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said new GM will report to Sashi Brown and coach will report to Haslam.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 10m10 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam: Sashi Brown will have final say on 53-man roster, handle salary cap. GM will focus on talent acquisition, scouts

Edited by Reed83HOF

I could see Schwartz going back there as HC or DC. I recall there was mutual interest in him as DC right before he came to Buffalo. The Browns dragged their feet too long on the HC hire and then he wasn't a fit with Pettine. He coached in Cleveland with Belichik back in the day.

Personally, If I was a Browns fan, I'd hate Schwartz as a head coach. He is a great DC but his Lions teams were some of the most undisplinced teams I have ever seen. Similar to this year with Rex.

Schwartz seems like a guy who is best served being a coordinator IMO.