Pettine officially fired by Browns; Marrone to interview

YoloinOhio

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone would listen to WGR on the way from his house in Williamsville to the stadium every morning.

No wonder he was such a miserable SOB after a while.

Talk about torturing yourself. I can barely stand WGR as a fan. I could only imagine if you were a coach or player. You probably want to punch those geeks every time you saw them. But Marrone should have just listened to Pandora or something.

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns interview former #Bills HC Doug Marrone for HC job, but they'll have to sell him to some veterans http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/cleveland_browns_interview_dou.html

After that article, no way the Browns would hire Marrone.

He did fair having Pettine then Schwartz as DCs.

If Brown's players want a players coach, Lovie Smith would be a good choice.

Edited by ALF

i truly don't think the "new" Browns care what the current players want. They are going to gut that roster and it is a multi-year rebuild.

I'm hearing that teams, including the Browns, have been wary of Marrone due to how he left Buffalo and that he's been asked about that situation by the teams he's talked to about a HC job. It's definitely been an obstacle.

I'm hearing that teams, including the Browns, have been wary of Marrone due to how he left Buffalo and that he's been asked about that situation by the teams he's talked to about a HC job. It's definitely been an obstacle.

Comments like these intrigue me. From whom? Is this stuff you're reading or listening to on the air, or is it directly from a reliable source?

If true it makes me happy. Teams should question an arrogant quitter about a situation that hardly looked hopeless.

Comments like these intrigue me. From whom? Is this stuff you're reading or listening to on the air, or is it directly from a reliable source?

If true it makes me happy. Teams should question an arrogant quitter about a situation that hardly looked hopeless.

Will PM you. Don't want it public.