Would you re-sign Harvin to $3m incentive laden contract?

Kelly the Dog

For sure. But I think Rex without Rex strongly advocating for him, he probably wouldn't have even been on the Bills' radar.

I give most of the credit to Doug Whaley. Since he has been GM he has been tenacious about finding us the scarce resource, which is QB. 3years ago he picked EJ in round 1. 2 years ago he signed Kyle Orton. Last year he brought in Hotrod and Cassel. I look for him to do something this off season as well.

lets see how the draft shakes out and go from there.. no one else will be signing him thats for sure (and that tells you something right there)

I doubt that very seriously. I suspect some team will pick him up.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give most of the credit to Doug Whaley. Since he has been GM he has been tenacious about finding us the scarce resource, which is QB. 3years ago he picked EJ in round 1. 2 years ago he signed Kyle Orton. Last year he brought in Hotrod and Cassel. I look for him to do something this off season as well.

Whaley has been tenacious for sure. I just always thought that it was Rex who pushed for TT because he tried to get him while he was with the Jets. I guess we won't know.

Dareus and Sammy are the two best players on the roster in my mind. But McCoy is right up there.

Hopefully they're all healthy for the whole season this year and still making it hard to say.

@profootballtalk

Percy Harvin "definitely" playing in 2016, and teams are interested

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?p=2386818

The Bills, who signed Harvin a year ago, have a pending offer. Other teams have made offers as well.

Harvin has yet to decide what hell do. According to the source, Harvin knows this is his last opportunity to have a major impact in the NFL. As a result, hes looking for the right situation.

That could be code for Harvin wanting to play with the best possible quarterback that he can, in a situation where hed be at or close to the top of the depth chart. In Buffalo, Harvin would be No. 2 at the very best, catching passes from a quarterback who, while good, isnt a franchise-level passer.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@profootballtalk

Percy Harvin "definitely" playing in 2016, and teams are interested

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?p=2386818

Weird, mailed-in take by Florio.

Where is Percy going to have a chance to be more than a teams #2 WR as well as play with a better QB than Tyrod?

Teams with good QB's aren't this far into the offseason without any good WR's.

Also........is the only question really where and when he will sign?

Seems like the biggest question is for how much?

This still going?

I just hope we are not missing out on other dust settle guys while we await an answer from the mighty Percy Harvin who is just so darn good he might be on his 4th team in 3 seasons.

Pull the offer, move on, go find some role players for linebacker depth.

Edited by GunnerBill

Where is Percy going to have a chance to be more than a teams #2 WR as well as play with a better QB than Tyrod?

Yep...its money

Yep...its money

No doubt it is about money. He was featured in the offense and before he was injured was putting up good numbers. I would take him back on the right deal as he adds a dimension they lack, but there is too much doubt about his ability to stay healthy to overspend on him. The money should be heavily weighted to games played and production. If someone is willing to give him a big guarnetee, and I sort of doubt it, see ya.

New England was in on him last year, no?

the "could be code for..." Was pure speculation by florio. I can't think of any team where he'd step in and immediately by the #1 WR. Maybe Cleveland, but only if assuming Gordon isn't there.

For some reason (call me foolish), I think that Percy has some loyalty to the Bills, the Pegulas, and Rex for all that they did. I have a feeling that, if he is going to play in 2016, he will play for the Bills.

The only thing that concerns me about this is that Vic's "source" says he is "definitely playing." Given the recent history of Vic's sources, this probably means that he is about to submit his retirement papers.

Just joking Vic. I like you, but you do have a source (maybe not this one) who has given you some bad information since you came back to Buffalo.

For some reason (call me foolish), I think that Percy has some loyalty to the Bills, the Pegulas, and Rex for all that they did. I have a feeling that, if he is going to play in 2016, he will play for the Bills.

The only thing that concerns me about this is that Vic's "source" says he is "definitely playing." Given the recent history of Vic's sources, this probably means that he is about to submit his retirement papers.

Just joking Vic. I like you, but you do have a source (maybe not this one) who has given you some bad information since you came back to Buffalo.

i think Carucci was the one who reported back when the Billls were in London that he was contemplating retirement. As far as I know he was the only reporter to say that. Guessing it is same source.

Seems we were supportive in public but who knows if the organization was united in that front in private or with Percy. Something as inconsequential as a skeptical trainer or comment from a teammate could make it a tough road and we just wouldn't know. It does seem the people that matter are pro-Percy though.

To add to the New England comment, maybe he could put up video game numbers in New Orleans? Would be the number one for a good qb in a passing scheme producing 5k yards a year