Would you re-sign Harvin to $3m incentive laden contract?

Kelly the Dog

Shady is fun to watch dance his way toward the sideline.......when his high mileage wheels allow him to so grace us.......but he is one of the most overrated, hollow-impact players in the NFL.

Sure, Shady made no impact on a Bills team who lead the league in rushing. Did you happen to watch the games where Shady didn't play?

You're digging in on this to such a level it's reached absurdity.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, Shady made no impact on a Bills team who lead the league in rushing. Did you happen to watch the games where Shady didn't play?

You're digging in on this to such a level it's reached absurdity.

They were 5-7 with him. 3-1 without him. In the games without him, the Bills ran for 55, 127, 236 and 113 yards. In the last 2 games before he checked out, he ran for 74 and 29. The 29 (on 10 carries) was against the Skins, a game where Mike Gillislee racked up 81 on 4 carries and Karlos kicked in another 41 at 10 yards per. That's 122 yards on 8 carries by the backups.

Edited by Mr. WEO

They were 5-7 with him. 3-1 without him. In the games without him, the Bills ran for 55, 127, 236 and 113 yards. In the last 2 games before he checked out, he ran for 74 and 29. The 29 (on 10 carries) was against the Skins, a game where Mike Gillislee racked up 81 on 4 carries and Karlos kicked in another 41 at 10 yards per. That's 122 yards on 8 carries by the backups.

In my mind the skins game is hard to judge that game sucked very quick

Also 2 games in the 5-7 were Ej games

Not saying you don't make a point but just showing records and one blowout game stat line is not gonna doesn't paint a good picture

In my mind the skins game is hard to judge that game sucked very quick

Also 2 games in the 5-7 were Ej games

Not saying you don't make a point but just showing records and one blowout game stat line is not gonna doesn't paint a good picture

If you have an elite RB, the passing prowess of the QB shouldn't be as much of an issue.

EJ had 263 and 298 yards and 4 total TDs in those 2 losses. One was the Jax debacle, where McCoy was of little help.

In 3 of the losses he was 15 for 89 (5.9 YPC), 17 for 90 (5.3 YPC) and 20 for 82 (4.1 YPC). Is it his fault if they don't give him the ball more? As for the wins, it's easier to win when your defense holds teams to fewer than 17 points. And again, he wasn't healthy all season long.

In 3 of the losses he was 15 for 89 (5.9 YPC), 17 for 90 (5.3 YPC) and 20 for 82 (4.1 YPC). Is it his fault if they don't give him the ball more? As for the wins, it's easier to win when your defense holds teams to fewer than 17 points. And again, he wasn't healthy all season long.

If they thought it would benefit the offense, they would have given him more carries. He's never carried more than 20 times all year--not because he was injured.

If they thought it would benefit the offense, they would have given him more carries. He's never carried more than 20 times all year--not because he was injured.

Really? So running at over 5 yards a clip isn't "benefiting the offense"? LOL! Yeah, okay.

If only the defense could have held more teams to under 17 points...

Really? So running at over 5 yards a clip isn't "benefiting the offense"? LOL! Yeah, okay.

If only the defense could have held more teams to under 17 points...

In in 2 of the wins with him, the D held the opposing team to 14 and still he wasn't a factor (total of 28 carries for 57 yards).

In the other 4 losses, he was 18/68 (3.8), 19/70 (3.7), 10/29 (2.9), and 20/74 (3.7). Plenty of carries, mediocre results.

If he's the best player on this team, this team is doomed.

In in 2 of the wins with him, the D held the opposing team to 14 and still he wasn't a factor (total of 28 carries for 57 yards).

In the other 4 losses, he was 18/68 (3.8), 19/70 (3.7), 10/29 (2.9), and 20/74 (3.7). Plenty of carries, mediocre results.

:lol::lol:

I don't disagree with you. You rarely want your RB to be the best player on your team.

Let me repeat this for you.........the Bills traded the fifth round pick that they needed to outbid the Jets for Brandon Marshall to the Vikings for Matt Cassell.

The Bills had the first selection in the 5th round.

They were in on Marshall.

They settled for Harvin.

I had forgotten the Bills had the first choice in the 5th. Point taken.

Sure, but like with most things WEO argues, no one was trying to say that was true.

What was he trying to say, then? Shady is arguably the best player, and at least in the top-3. Ideally you want your QB to be the best player and if he isn't, you're "doomed" to an extent. But I'd rather have Shady (ideally healthy unlike last season) than not. And while I love Karlos, he couldn't stay healthy as a rookie and has concussion issues, and it's too early to see if street FA Gillislee is all that.

I thought he was injured coming out of camp?

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't disagree with you. You rarely want your RB to be the best player on your team.

You just recently said he was arguably the best player on this team. And you said so without qualification initially.

Sure, but like with most things WEO argues, no one was trying to say that was true.

See above. doc's own words, not mine. I wouldn't put forth a whooper like that. I just respond to it.

Edited by Mr. WEO

He was. Everyone (else) knows this.

yep i recall rex talking about limited reps.

Thats is why is was so sweet Bills found a gem in Karlos and then again in Mike. Roman still gets his game on.

Love the run game! really looking forward to this coming year, run opens up the pass? oh yeah

any updates on Harvin? timelines to decide?

You just recently said he was arguably the best player on this team. And you said so without qualification initially.

See above. doc's own words, not mine. I wouldn't put forth a whooper like that. I just respond to it.

It wasn't without qualifications. When I shouted that I was also thinking about Sammy, who you said was the best, but in 1 fewer game, Shady out-gained him in yards, while Sammy had more TD's. And again, Shady was injured all year long. Hence I added "arguably."

Edited by Doc

It wasn't without qualifications. When I shouted that I was also thinking about Sammy, who you said was the best, but in 1 fewer game, Shady out-gained him in yards, while Sammy had more TD's. And again, Shady was injured all year long. Hence I added "arguably."

Dareus and Sammy are the two best players on the roster in my mind. But McCoy is right up there.