10-6=8-8 everywhere else

Face it. When you're in the division with the Pats, who with Brady are nearly invincible, you start the season 0-2. Which means you are in a hole to start the season.

The Pats screw up the entire division every year. 8-8 in our division is equal to 10-6 elsewhere. How many seasons has Brady played? How long since we've made the playoffs?

I know, that's weak. The Jets and Phins have made the playoffs. But the Pats have been a huge factor in our not making it. Duh.

Face it. When you're in the division with the Pats, who with Brady are nearly invincible, you start the season 0-2. Which means you are in a hole to start the season.

The Pats screw up the entire division every year. 8-8 in our division is equal to 10-6 elsewhere. How many seasons has Brady played? How long since we've made the playoffs?

I know, that's weak. The Jets and Phins have made the playoffs. But the Pats have been a huge factor in our not making it. Duh.

When the Bills were good that is how the rest of the division felt about them. That is what needs to be recreated.

Bills schedule this year was a dream schedule...playing two divisions where not 1 team of the 8 is over 500. Not ONE!

Last year AFC North took advantage of playing both of the South divisions, this year looks like the putrid AFC east cannot.

And I think every fan outside of NY, Buffal and Miami says " well of course the Pats get homefielsd, they are 6-0 to start the season in that sorry ass division. " and I agree with that point of view.

the point I believe is that if you add 1 or 2 more victories to the Bills each of the past 15 seasons then the drought may not have lasted this long.

If the Bills had gone undefeated against the pats all this time (lol), they would have gone to the playoffs in 2004 and...that's it. The patriots are not what's kept buffalo out of the postseason. They've sucked against the rest of the league too.

If the Bills had gone undefeated against the pats all this time (lol), they would have gone to the playoffs in 2004 and...that's it. The patriots are not what's kept buffalo out of the postseason. They've sucked against the rest of the league too.

That's actually really interesting. I would have assumed more than that.

How many games did the Bills miss the playoffs with last season going 9-7? 10-6 wouldn't have done it?

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2014-REG&split=Overall

Looks like they would have edged the Ravens out with a better Division record

The OP is correct in the sense that playing in the Pats* division leaves little room for error with the rest of the schedule. The Bills cannot afford to drop those "supposed to win" games and yet every year they do, which of course begs the question are those really just games they are "supposed to lose"?

In the end, they just blow.

Hoodies record against the division since 2000.....Bills 28-4, Miami 21-10 and the Jets 23-10

In 10 out of 15 seasons, Miami and the Jets have split their season with the Patriots. On the other hand the Bills have done it just 4 times....I don't think the Patriots start with a 6-0 advantage every season...May be 2-0 due to the lack lusture Bills.

In 10 out of 15 seasons, Miami and the Jets have split their season with the Patriots. On the other hand the Bills have done it just 4 times....I don't think the Patriots start with a 6-0 advantage every season...May be 2-0 due to the lack lusture Bills.

It seemed to have helped the Colts in recent years (not this) playing Tenny, Jax and Houston.

coulda woulda shoulda

give it up. seasons over. move on. "they'll be better next year". there, i said it

Im saying that in light of tho OP saying the reason the Bills cant make the playoffs is they cant beat New England.

I was just saying the schedule was filled with other teams the could have beat to get into the playoffs.

I have given up long ago

not really. you should assume a split on the games, not that the Bills would sweep every team not the patriots.