Bills' 2016 Non-Division Opponents Finalized

26CornerBlitz

The Bills and all other 3rd place teams are locked in. Baltimore, St. Louis, Seattle, Oakland, Cincinnati, and the AFC East.

Every game will be difficult even Baltimore with a presumably healthy Flacco. Preseason may only be favored against Miami.

If Bills improve it might not be so tough. Who knows? And that St. Louis game might be in L.A.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the NFL already have deals made in Los Angeles to start playing there next year, even without a new stadium?

Are they going to use the Rose Bowl or the Los Angeles Coliseum?

Still TBD. They have to figure out whether OAK or SD will move to LA from the AFC while it looks as if it'll be STL from the NFC.

@mikerodak

The Bills might play in Los Angeles once, and perhaps even twice, next season: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/23071/bills-might-play-in-los-angeles-at-least-once-next-season

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't know. When I thought about all the off-season additions and looked at the 2015 schedule, playing the NFC East & AFC South (we were 4-4 against them), I was so high on the Bills I bought season tickets for $5,611 !! That's how sure I was that the Bills would have a good season. So to re-state - I don't know anything.

We're good enough to beat anyone and bad enough to lose to anyone.

That said, here's our 2016 Opponents (including the AFC Central & NFC West). (courtesy of Bflo Rumblings)

Based on our uneven performance this year, I think next year will be tougher and I project our record to be around 7-9.

Sickening!!

Need the Defense to get stout.

Confident TT will be better next year with a training camp where he is #1 throughout.

If the Defense plays like most of us thought they would and TT/offense gets better, our upside would be more like 10-6

Still may not be good enough!

Home games Road games

@SalSports

Since so many are already in "next year" mode, just tweeting this for you. Next year's non-AFCE scheduled Bills opponents (next tweet)...

Home: CLE, PIT, ARZ, SFRAN, same finisher as AFC South; Away: BAL, CIN, STL, SEA, same finisher as AFC West

They'll likely have OAK from the AFC West.

Since we're keeping Rex, I'm in 2017 mode. :bag:

Yikes

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Arizona, Seattle, and New England x2. That's 6 guaranteed losses right there

Screw Baltimore. And don't tell me that Pittsburgh is anything after losing to the Ravens' JV's.

You folks are incredible. We haven't made any roster moves, drafted a player nor has anyone else. In the words of Rick Pitino, "The negativity in this town sucks."

:wallbash:

Screw Baltimore. And don't tell me that Pittsburgh is anything after losing to the Ravens' JV's.

You folks are incredible. We haven't made any roster moves, drafted a player nor has anyone else. In the words of Rick Pitino, "The negativity in this town sucks."

Is that when he said Larry Bird isn't walking though that door?

BBFS. 16 years has beaten some people down.

There is no doubt it is a tough schedule. This year's level of performance on that schedule would mean 4-12.

They might win 4 division games this year alone. Assuming they win 3, you're asserting that this year's team, with the NFL's 11th ranked offense, goes 1-9 outside of the division to that schedule? Who would they have lost to, Cleveland or San Francisco at home? I mean, come on guys. The level of hyperbole on this website is a little ridiculous sometimes. Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's well deserved

They might win 4 division games this year alone. Assuming they win 3, you're asserting that this year's team, with the NFL's 11th ranked offense, goes 1-9 outside of the division to that schedule? Who would they have lost to, Cleveland or San Francisco at home? I mean, come on guys. The level of hyperbole on this website is a little ridiculous sometimes.

That wasn't quite what I was saying.... I was not saying "this year's team" I was saying the level of performance we have had this year, particularly on defense would mean bad news next year on that schedule. I don't think we can take for granted that we are going to win 3 division games next year. This team has to take a major leap defensively in the off-season because if it performs the way it has this year 20th will look like a decent ranking by this time next season.

The season is over though... I am looking on the bright side now and saying the defense will get better. Still as I sit here today and look at that schedule I think going better than 8-8 is gonna be tough sledding.

Pray on.

i don't pray about anything. i think the defense will be better and the offense will (hopefully) be close to what it was this year. if that happens,i see 10 wins next year ...a lot easier than i could this year.

the obstacles are:

1. not losing the left side of our line to free agency. and improving the right side.

2. taylor not improving. a lot of people talk about him getting better as a foregone conclusion, but i think it's far from certain.

i don't consider coaching a huge obstacle. we get the same level of coaching as at least 80% of the league.

i don't pray about anything. i think the defense will be better and the offense will (hopefully) be close to what it was this year. if that happens,i see 10 wins next year ...a lot easier than i could this year.

the obstacles are:

1. not losing the left side of our line to free agency. and improving the right side.

2. taylor not improving. a lot of people talk about him getting better as a foregone conclusion, but i think it's far from certain.

i don't consider coaching a huge obstacle. we get the same level of coaching as at least 80% of the league.

are you even a fan? no seriously.

• 1 month later...

If Shady's suspended for the first few games...6-10

Agree. if shadys suspended for less then 4 games maybe a Brady-esqe weasel into a 2 game suspension. 10-6 or 8-8 at worst. Also depends who we play in the 1st 6 games but, the NFL always screws us on the schedule anyway.

Edited by Marty McFly

I've thought of this since the schedule came out. This year we barely cracked 8-8 against the AFCS and NFCE. The two worst divisions in football. We're going to do better with the powerful NFCW, and always tough AFCN.

I've said last month 5-11. We'd better have one hell of a draft since we have no money for free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if we do cut McCoy.

I've thought of this since the schedule came out. This year we barely cracked 8-8 against the AFCS and NFCE. The two worst divisions in football. We're going to do better with the powerful NFCW, and always tough AFCN.

I've said last month 5-11. We'd better have one hell of a draft since we have no money for free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if we do cut McCoy.

Classic BBFS here.