Rob Ryan Is in Town; Just Visiting.....LOL

Leroi, this is one of those occasions I hope you're at least partially right (not sure about assistant HC). Those bashing Rob for his defenses don't see the value an outsider (of sorts) could bring at this point in the season. One, he has already played against the Bills' next three opponents so he could help with scouting. Two, he won't hesitate to be critical of something because it's his freaking brother. I like it.

same here. love it. Esp. gaining advance insight into the opponents.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles scored 39 on him. We don't want his help

He watched the Eagles up close and saw things that did and didn't work.

He could be most useful if he saw certain players tendencies and weakness for the Eagles. How does it hurt to get Robs opinion?

Btw Rob didn't have anywhere near the players in NO that the Bills have in Buffalo.

He could be breaking down film with the coaches on the Eagles - he already played them this year.

Good speculation.

The Eagles scored 39 on him. We don't want his help

He's probably smarter about the Eagles after that embarrassment then he was before.

And not to make excuses for him, but did he suit up that game?

I wouldn't want the guy as a DC but as long as he's been in football, he might have some useful insights.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Meh. He wasn't fixing it either as he's been lit up weekly for years too. There can be more than one problem at a time, and he was one.

I don't doubt it, but his failings as a DC don't really play into how he could help Rex scout upcoming opponents and take an outside look at what the Bills have been doing.

Personally, I am truly find of this idea. Rob can tweak the defensive line and go over film with the staff. Win win.

FWIW, Ryan wasn't responsible for the drafting in NO or Dallas. Instead, he had to deal with what was given to him.

Well considering hindsight is 20/20, and we have much more talent on the field than New Orleans did, I say why look a gift horse in the mouth? At the end of the day Rex can always tell his brother he's an idiot and ignore his advice.

Or have DC Tom do it. He's an expert at it. :lol: