I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

Taylor unfortunately is looking more and more like a really good backup QB

QB was the deciding factor in the game tonight.

I would say he is looking more like a mid to lower tier starting QB. There are starters on other teams I wouldn't want starting over Taylor right now. Problem is people need to realise that there are very few Elite guys out there and that's what everyone expects a starting QB to be.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand fair weather fans. Tyrod didn't blow those coverages on D or allow the pats to score a TD just before half-time.

BS, allowing only 20 points in Foxboro is a hell of a game defensively. We had plenty of chances offensively and we didn't execute.

Sorry but any QB that needs to look to the sidelines on the second play of the two minute drill sucks.

He is a quicker version of Trent Edwards.

He is not the answer at QB which means they need to use a first round pick on a QB and not to replace Glenn.

you must have missed that there was a problem with the headsets when they got the ball back for the final drive.

Sorry but any QB that needs to look to the sidelines on the second play of the two minute drill sucks.

He is a quicker version of Trent Edwards.

He is not the answer at QB which means they need to use a first round pick on a QB and not to replace Glenn.

He is nothing like Trent Edwards, in any facet of his play. Sorry to call you out, but do you watch any other football besides the Bills? In seeking an insulting comparison of a quarterback you can only go to Buffalo Bills QBs of the past 10 years? At least dig a little deeper in NFL or college football knowledge if you want to try and insult him.

also want them to put EJ in because they want to see whY he can do since he wasn't given enough time/chances.....

I just wanted EJ in because Tyrod looked to be injured and incapable of throwing downfield. Tyrod is clearly better and needs more time. We need to be prepared if he doesn't turn out though, so spending a draft pick on a QB isn't a bad idea. Let's not put all our eggs in one basket - again.

Edited by What a Tuel

ridiculous thread. He made some great plays but he underthrew some balls. They need to get him more opportunities on first and second down. You can't just always expect him to convert on third down. He had some manageable 3rd downs that he needed to execute , but hang in there, we could have beaten the best team in football on the road. Quit getting spoiled

17 points given to the pats by things outside of tyrods control and he sucks. The loyalty in here by some is sickening.

What are you going to expect? To hold NE scoreless? Keeping them under 24 is a winnable game for sure. You have to hit the deep passes. He missed most of them, and under thrown to boot. At least give your guy a chance to run under it.

The book is out on Taylor.

He can scramble. He has nice touch on his sideline deep ball most of the time.

HOWEVER

He CAN NOT throw down the middle of the field. You can't succeed in the NFL without that ability, and he clearly lacks it.

Put the MLB that would normally drop deep in a Tampa-2 style defense in QB SPY. Press up in shallow zone on the sidelines to stop the checkdown and scramble to the edge, and backpedal the safeties to help over the top on deep sideline throws. Leave the deep middle completely empty.

Edited by Doug Flutie Band

Non of that. I see the the missed passes. I get it i see it. I also don't expect the D to give up a td with 54 seconds left in the half or for Mckelvin to fumble. Or for duke Williams to blow that coverage or the wasted timeout by the defense for only having 10 on the field.

you must have missed that there was a problem with the headsets when they got the ball back for the final drive.

Headset problems again....nothing but BS excuses. Did broken headsets cause the D time out because they only had 10 on the field? LOL

The book is out on Taylor.

He can scramble. He has nice touch on his sideline deep ball most of the time.

HOWEVER

He CAN NOT throw down the middle of the field. You can't succeed in the NFL without that ability, and he clearly lacks it.

Put the MLB that would normally drop deep in a Tampa-2 style defense in QB SPY. Press up in shallow zone on the sidelines to stop the checkdown and scramble to the edge, and backpedal the safeties to help over the top on deep sideline throws. Leave the deep middle completely empty.

He really struggled with the wind today. That does not bode well for Orchard Park in December.

The guy has started a total of 8 games so far, and he eventually could be the franchise guy. Just not tonight.

He's got the worst thing in a starting QB has, potential. As someone who's stood firmly behind RJ, Trent Edwards and even EJ forgive me for passing on Taylor but I can't buy into it. If he was as good as we all think he could be the Ravens would have never let him go for nothing and/or he would have been pursued more heavily as an UFA. He came here as he saw it as a chance to start and start he has but been average at best. I want better, hopefully we can trade EJ to Philly this offseason and use our 1st Rounder on a guy like Connor Cook to compete with TT next season and think Cook wins out.

How many times did we see someone run up to Taylor and put his !@#$ing jacket on?

The guy looked like he didn't want to play.

I lost respect for him. The play he got injuried on made no sense.

Yea I'm going to say it....I'm not buying that...he milked that shoulder bc he knew he played like garbage. What player especially the QB do you see constantly hold his shoulder or any body part that's injured?

He's not ready for prime time.

Edited by Big Blitz

I like Tyrod, even liked watching him at VT. But he lacked anticipation then and he still does now. He can run around and make plays, but he'll never be that qb that can pick you apart with those short quick passes. Anticipation and pocket presence are IMO two of the most important traits of a quality NFL qb.

The point is we are mediocre again this year....Defense looked better but still too many stupid penalties. The offense and the play calling are horrible. Taylor looked lost out there tonight and where in the hell was the two minute drill. Doesn't everyone practice that? For all the people on here making excuses there is no rational for 16 years of terrible football. Fans demand a better effort and want are starving for a playoff game. Come on Bills! Get your crap together!

The fickleness of bills fans and their QB's is hilarious. They would be calling for EJ if they didn't throw him under the bus already. I'm surprised I don't hear Josh Johnson talk lol.

No I don't expect our defense to give up a td before halftime. I expect there to be 11 people on the field at all times. And get Mckelvin the xxxx off special teams.

In your opinion has the defense failed if they allow any points?

Has there been a single shutout this year?

Edited by What a Tuel

It was a bad game for TT.

I don't get the sudden outcry against his skill set. He's been on more than he's been off. Of course there are things he can approve upon. After all, this is his first year starting a game! Haha. He went against Tom Brady, of all QBs, for his first MNF, in Foxborough.

He'll be fine. We've seen him hit targets downfield with accuracy. We've seen him run. This was a bad performance, coupled with other bad performances from his teammates. Dropped passes, multiple costly penalties, missed FGs, fumbles...

I mean, Brady threw a pick, but over all his teammates had less costly penalties.

Tyrod played bad, but he is not bad. Don't be so fickle.

The fickleness of bills fans and their QB's is hilarious. They would be calling for EJ if they didn't throw him under the bus already. I'm surprised I don't hear Josh Johnson talk lol.

I'd be considered an EJ supporter.

And EJ played games like this 7-10 games into his career with NATE HACKETT as his OC and he is considered worthless. TT gets a pass bc he doesn't throw picks. Or is it the electrifying speed?

But I've been saying it all night...the book is out on TT. I think he's gotten worse as the seasons gone on---vs the Giants, Jets, Titans, now this game. All ugly.

Edited by Big Blitz

Yea I forgot all the great ones we've had throughout this franchises history....

The problem is the team has only developed 1 QB in Joe Ferguson. While I like Tyrod not sure we have the time to see him become better. As guys like Shady, Mario, Kyle are getting to a point that they're closer to the downsides of their careers vs their upsides.

Did not read any posts up to here.

All blame should be on Roman playcalling, Any other is on receivers not stepping up and gathering in perfectly thrown balls.,

Obvious to the casual observer that u harnessed your best offensive player. There were no plays where TT could exploit his skills - so insane was the playcalling, i was thinking NFL conspiracy, Baffling.

D was $,

Incompetent bills fans say he sucks and want to draft a QB

I love the people who think the fans are so bad. The team hasn't made the playoffs for 16 years, and it is the fans who are incompetent? Really??? I think the Bills have the most patient fans in the world, or at least 2nd to the Cubs' fans. It takes some intestinal fortitude to continue rooting year after year after year for the Bills when they suck year after year after year. Like every team the Bills have good fans, average fans and crappy fans. Unlike every team, the Bills only have average years (rarely) and mostly crappy years. It has been a long long time since a good year. With all that said, Taylor may end up being ok, but it will be a waste no matter what as long as blowhard is the head coach.

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

I hate to admit it but we are both Bills fans and YOU SUCK. Roman handcuffed your best offensive player and you blame him. Tyrod was never afforded a chance to shred the Pats D. You know it. WATCH THE FILM. You are a POS if you think this loss is on TT.