Fitzpicksix

dave mcbride

He dropped a beautiful deep throw into Devon Smith hands though......but the gimme went thru his hands just like his alma mater Ohio State's playoff hopes against Michigan State(with a backup QB). :lol:

Actually I think Fitz has shown markedly better arm strength this season........and subsequently has looked better on deeper throws.........but he still can't make them to the level he needs to and he just somehow gets dumb late in the game.

I think he can make the 35 yard deep throw just fine. The 45 yarder? Not so much. The throw to Devin Smith was perfect, but it was a significantly shorter throw than the one to Decker. Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno is better...a real nfl arm. If not for jawgate he'd be the starter.

Fitz was signed to strictly be the backup, so you're right that Geno probably would have entered the season as the starter. But he probably would have lost it.

I love the guy, in a way, but -- my god -- I've seen this movie before, and I certainly know how it ends. The Jets should switch to Geno now if they have sense. It's not that Geno is good at this point, but he has some skills and talent.

So you want them to lose them all their games ... makes sense, me too B-)

I love Fitz tough running but man those interceptions, it's like the guy never learns, you'd think after all this time he would figure it out.

I really wish he could have been our QB because he is a blue collar tough guy but that arm and ints will always be his nemesis

Only saw the final but I'll say normally his 2 minute drill is him forcing a throw he doesn't have an arm for because there's no other choice but to push- calculated risk. Today's was simply a terrible read/mental error which isn't consistently his MO

his arm has actually looked good this yr but same old bone head mistakes get him every time

They originally were going to start Geno. He beat out Fitz in camp before the IK thing. Then they fell into the Fitzmagic Trap.

its like they are seeing it for the first time, too. The NY media especially. They fell hook, line and sinker. I can understand missing it in Houston and Tennessee. But they played us twice/year. Short memories. He's a FA this year. Think they give him an extension? As a backup to someone else? He's only in his low 30s. If not, someone will sign him.

I hope he becomes our back up

Nice to see the dog-azzed Jets are imploding again this year. Same old Jests.

Geno is a worse QB than EJ, and I don't want to make this an EJ thread, just saying that Geno is a Zero.

I don't see where they can go with QB this year other than to stick with Fitz, and they're stuck with Fitz.

Maybe they could try to get Petty some game reps, but if I were in charge, Geno would never see the field again.

Need some advice with an argument here. Have a friend in from out of town and we watched this game. Right after the Jets pulled within 7 , I bet him dinner tonight Fitz would throw a pick inset 4 minutes.

He is arguing he won cause Fitz did throw one, but two picks. What say the geniuses on this board?

Also, how funny was Gannon when he was going off about the Jets not punting on 4th and 5, then never saying a word when they get the ball back 30'seconds later Never a word about how going for it was absolutely correct. God, these guys are such idiots!

Edited by plenzmd1

Need some advice with an argument here. Have a friend in from out of town and we watched this game. Right after the Jets pulled within 7 , I bet him dinner tonight Fitz would throw a pick inset 4 minutes.

He is arguing he won cause Fitz did throw one, but two picks. What say the geniuses on this board?

Also, how funny was Gannon when he was going off about the Jets not punting on 4th and 5, then never saying a word when they get the ball back 30'seconds later Never a word about how going for it was absolutely correct. God, these guys are such idiots!

That sounds like some George Costanza logic from your friend. He owes you dinner.

As for the overall thread topic -- yes, unfortunately, we have all seen how this story ends. Great guy, average NFL QB.

Revis was undressed by Hopkins today also, and then hurt himself on a tackle. Jets could spiral downhill quickly -- but then again, they do play the Fish next week.

I love the guy, in a way, but -- my god -- I've seen this movie before, and I certainly know how it ends. The Jets should switch to Geno now if they have sense. It's not that Geno is good at this point, but he has some skills and talent.

He just can't get it done in late Nov and Dec

Just like the other rifle can't get it done in prime time.

Geno is a worse QB than EJ, and I don't want to make this an EJ thread, just saying that Geno is a Zero.

I don't see where they can go with QB this year other than to stick with Fitz, and they're stuck with Fitz.

Maybe they could try to get Petty some game reps, but if I were in charge, Geno would never see the field again.

too late.

Aren't we supposed to be happy about the result of this game?

If the Jets thought Geno was better they'd be playing him

My sentiments, exactly.

He dropped a beautiful deep throw into Devon Smith hands though......but the gimme went thru his hands just like his alma mater Ohio State's playoff hopes against Michigan State(with a backup QB). :lol:

Actually I think Fitz has shown markedly better arm strength this season........and subsequently has looked better on deeper throws.........but he still can't make them to the level he needs to and he just somehow gets dumb late in the game.

you are laughing about a team losing to a backup QB, when that very team just won a national championship with a backup QB. And Devin Smith.

Btw the last time the Buckeyes lost, 440 some days ago, the Bills won the same weekend. It was Week 1 in 2014. Could be a sign!

Edited by YoloinOhio