Fitzpicksix

dave mcbride

Do you remember the game Geno had against the Bills?

I do, and I don't think he's great. But he did play well in the final four games of last season: 65.1 percent completion rate, 9.2 ypa, 6/2 TD INT ratio, and a 105.3 rating. The Jets were 2-2 in those games, and the two losses were as follows: a 30-24 OT loss to Minnesota in which MN scored on an 85-yard screen pass on their first OT possession, and a 17-16 loss to the Pats that went down to the wire. Smith made a bunch of good plays in that game.

The point is, he appeared to be improving, and the stats and team play reflected that. He has a ton of flaws - don't get me wrong - but he really does throw a nice ball, and he's pretty mobile.

Comparing him to Fitzpatrick, at a certain point you have to recognize where Fitz is going to get you. In his last two games, Fitz is 34-73 for a truly dreadful 46.6 completion rate. He is not going to change.

Having said this, I do realize that Fitz is still only slightly behind Brady in ESPN's qb rating system. :doh:

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know he went to Harvard? :lol:

What does Harvard have a anything to do with his intelligence?

I have met moron surgeons.

And I have seen genius burger-flippers.

Intelligence is in the eye of the beholder. I wouldnt assume it.

Fitz is not that bright...

Imo

You gotta feel for Fitz.. He will never get to the playoffs, and he's started on like 5 teams. Losing follows him wherever he goes..

When will the nightmare end?

About the same time as the fat paychecks...

I'm praying for Brady to channel his inner Fitz tonight!

Geno is EJ-bad. Fitz has his limitations, but after you get past the top 15-16 QB's, you can certainly do worse than Fitz as your QB. After Brady, Ben, Eli, Rodgers, Cam, Romo, Palmer, Dalton, Wilson, Flacco, Rivers, Luck, Carr, Brees, Ryan, Winston, I'd put Fitz near the top of the next tier - Bradford, Foles, Tannehill, McCown, Alex Smith, Mariota, Bortles, TJ Yates/Hoyer, Kaepernick, TT, Cousins, Stafford, Bridgewater, Cutler. Alex Smith and Stafford are only 2 in the next tier I'd clearly want over Fitz if I needed to win a game right now.

• 3 weeks later...

let's see

Plenty of time for him to break Jets fans hearts

If he can lead them to a W vs NE* I will be happy for him and Chan though!

Yup, most likely in a playoff game though cause that team is cruising into a wild card spot while the Bills fans that ran him off, (along with another coach Bills fans ran out of town) will be watching those games from their TV set along with the rest of the Bills team.

stupid Jets organization, when will they learn that Buffalo was smart to dump Fitz and they were stupid for dumping Rex.

Wouldnt get too excited about running up the score at home vs titans, especially when your defense pitches a shutout on every possession but one

better than we did against the Titans.

I'm rooting for Fitz to win it all at this point, always like the guy just didn't have the arm and too many pix for us.

and how many years more experience? LOL I can't believe people don't take that into consideration when throwing Taylor under the bus...I'm quite sure any first year starter would be better. :doh:

Look is tyrod the best QB we've had in 15 years? Maybe. Does that mean he's good enough? No. The two aren't mutually exclusive.