Fitzpicksix

dave mcbride

I love the guy, in a way, but -- my god -- I've seen this movie before, and I certainly know how it ends. The Jets should switch to Geno now if they have sense. It's not that Geno is good at this point, but he has some skills and talent.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the guy, in a way, but -- my god -- I've seen this movie before, and I certainly know how it ends. The Jets should switch to Geno now if they have sense. It's not that Geno is good at this point, but he has some skills and talent.

As bad as Fitz is, Geno is worse. They might as well start Petty.

Only saw the final but I'll say normally his 2 minute drill is him forcing a throw he doesn't have an arm for because there's no other choice but to push- calculated risk. Today's was simply a terrible read/mental error which isn't consistently his MO

Only saw the final but I'll say normally his 2 minute drill is him forcing a throw he doesn't have an arm for because there's no other choice but to push- calculated risk. Today's was simply a terrible read/mental error which isn't consistently his MO

You missed the one that he threw with about 2:30 left in the game then. That one was his MO.

They originally were going to start Geno. He beat out Fitz in camp before the IK thing. Then they fell into the Fitzmagic Trap.

its like they are seeing it for the first time, too. The NY media especially. They fell hook, line and sinker. I can understand missing it in Houston and Tennessee. But they played us twice/year. Short memories. He's a FA this year. Think they give him an extension? As a backup to someone else? He's only in his low 30s. If not, someone will sign him.

They originally were going to start Geno. He beat out Fitz in camp before the IK thing. Then they fell into the Fitzmagic Trap.

its like they are seeing it for the first time, too. The NY media especially. They fell hook, line and sinker. I can understand missing it in Houston and Tennessee. But they played us twice/year. Short memories. He's a FA this year. Think they give him an extension? As a backup to someone else? He's only in his low 30s. If not, someone will sign him.

It's not "magic." It's because they're afraid there's something hiding in his beard.

IIRC Fitz was injured all through OTAs and early in training camp and really couldn't take the reps. It's not really that Geno beat him out it was Fitz didn't play healthy until the preseason was well under way. Geno wasn't playing that well as a starter and immediately, probably because of Chan, Fitz started looking decent. It was always a house of cards. Decker and Marshall, however skilled they are, will let you down. But I don't think Geno was the plan all along it was just the way it happened because Fitz wasn't ready.

You missed the one that he threw with about 2:30 left in the game then. That one was his MO.

And the bomb to Decker that resulted in a lucky PI call. It was a lucky call because it was it was severely underthrown and Decker had beaten his guy by 5 yards. That's a td for most qbs capable of throwing a decent deep ball. Fiz can't.

And the bomb to Decker that resulted in a lucky PI call. It was a lucky call because it was it was severely underthrown and Decker had beaten his guy by 5 yards. That's a td for most qbs capable of throwing a decent deep ball. Fiz can't.

He dropped a beautiful deep throw into Devon Smith hands though......but the gimme went thru his hands just like his alma mater Ohio State's playoff hopes against Michigan State(with a backup QB). :lol:

Actually I think Fitz has shown markedly better arm strength this season........and subsequently has looked better on deeper throws.........but he still can't make them to the level he needs to and he just somehow gets dumb late in the game.