Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

I posted this in the foreign policy thread, but it is relevant here too. Will it force these governments to curtain the trains? Will it make the trains worse as conditions worsen in these countries with less money?  

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Northern Triangle countries Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala

The stunning development came late Friday night.

In a stunning about-face, State Department officials said that President Donald Trump is cutting off all direct assistance to the so-called Northern Triangle countries of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.

“At the Secretary’s instruction, we are carrying out the President’s direction and ending FY [fiscal year] 2017 and FY 2018 foreign assistance programs for the Northern Triangle,” a State Department spokesperson told ABC News, referring to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. “We will be engaging Congress as part of this process.”

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

You know who the real heroes are?

The coyotes.

Simply kind enough to help people navigate their way to the United States so they can be sold into the human trafficking world.

They deserve a Purple Heart, y'know? Real unsung heroes.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The coyotes.

Simply kind enough to help people navigate their way to the United States so they can be sold into the human trafficking world.

How can anyone read this, and not think to themselves “Why are they trying to put a positive spin on human trafficking, casting the traffickers as heroic?”

As Greg is wont to say, the information war is real.

What/who do you think they are trying to protect?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't think it's a stretch to believe CBS, like we saw with NBC this past week, is tied deeply to the DNC.

The DNC is desperate for open borders.

Making people sympathetic to their plight is critical to a successful open borders plan.

This story isn't a mistake. It's not like some free-flowing Vox story about woman who doesn't understand why she can't marry her soap dispenser. This went through a number of editors to get here.

What I would add is that the very first lefty here who thinks this is tinfoil hat-type thinking, please explain to us why CBS would run a story that depicts coyotes at humanitarians.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

How can anyone read this, and not think to themselves “Why are they trying to put a positive spin on human trafficking, casting the traffickers as heroic?”

Gaslighting. 

And i don't know if they're trying to protect as much as they're #resisting any current administration program no matter how illogical it is to take the opposite stance. 

I think they should use the new high speed rail in California to load 'em all up and ship 'em as far north on the left coast as possible in as fast a manner as possible.

British Columbia is really nice at this time of year. Didn't True-doh! say he'd accept all the refugees? Let him have 'em.

Alternatively, we could go to war with Mexico and force them to make internment camps on their southern border and make them handle the humanitarian crisis.

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The coyotes.

WTF??  

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

I think they should use the new high speed rail in California to load 'em all up and ship 'em as far north on the left coast as possible in as fast a manner as possible.

British Columbia is really nice at this time of year. Didn't True-doh! say he'd accept all the refugees? Let him have 'em.

Alternatively, we could go to war with Mexico and force them to make internment camps on their southern border and make them handle the humanitarian crisis.

Trudeau took in several and then sent 99.2% home under cloak of night with the media's cooperation

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The coyotes.

But you know who REALLY deserves praise?  The drug gangs on the US-Mexico border, who take these people into the desert, steal all their stuff, and kill them.  Not only are they stimulating the local economy by putting those "hoarded" goods back on the market, but they're reducing the overall burden of migrants on the local trafficking routes, ensuring that those who do get to the border do so in better shape.

They're the real unsung humanitarian heroes here.

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

They're just doing the Lord's own work, you know. Nothing to see here. No subversive behavior, all is well.

• 2 weeks later...

Question... if it is a sanctuary city, why would any of the people onboard with sanctuary cities be "fuming" if the illegals were sent there? :) 

Pelosi fumes over White House plan to release immigrant detainees in sanctuary cities

A scuttled White House proposal to release immigrant detainees in San Francisco and other sanctuary cities triggered a fierce backlash Friday from Democrats including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whose office called the idea “despicable.”

The Washington Post first reported that the White House proposed sending the detainees to sanctuary cities, including Pelosi's district, twice in the last six months. The proposal was first floated in November amid reports of a large migrant caravan from Central America making its way to the southern border. The idea was again considered in February, amid the standoff with Congress over a border wall.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), whose San Francisco district would have fit the administration’s definition of a sanctuary city, spoke for many Americans, declaring that "the extent of this administration’s cynicism and cruelty cannot be overstated. Using human beings — including little children — as pawns in their warped game to perpetuate fear and demonize immigrants is despicable.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/04/12/new-low-trump-tried-use-migrants-canon-fodder-against-democrats/?utm_term=.bdba645d68c3

This people are "Pro-Life" 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It's funny, the Democrats are now complaining that he is considering giving them what they want.

It's almost like this juvenile resistance nonsense is just about acting like spoiled children, not actually to affect policy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So sending them to cities that want them and will protect them and take care of them is bad?  I'm confused.  Please explain your position on this. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So sending them to cities that want them and will protect them and take care of them is bad?  I'm confused.  Please explain your position on this. 

It's as though Trump leaked the story himself, just to troll the left and get them to act stupid again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It's as though Trump leaked the story himself, just to troll the left and get them to act stupid again.

Oh I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened.  It's like those "gotcha" questions I lob at Tibs just so I can get an "Oh yeah.....well poopy pants on you!!"

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

How many different threads are you going to post this in? Just so you know, we frown upon asswholes being asswholes here.

You've chosen to ignore content by BigMcD.

I still don't regret my decision; I am missing zero interesting content having him on ignore. Makes it so much nicer around here without seeing McDouche's posts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I still don't regret my decision; I am missing zero interesting content having him on ignore. Makes it so much nicer around here without seeing McDouche's posts.

It's all but pointless trying to block out the trash with so many people quoting them all the $%$#ing time.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yet you keep talking about how you don’t have to deal with me. 

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

It's all but pointless trying to block out the trash with so many people quoting them all the $%$#ing time.

I’ve only seen the content of a few posts the last week, with the ignore list I’ve cultivated.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

I’ve only seen the content of a few posts the last week, with the ignore list I’ve cultivated.

***** you you idiot! 

Just checking to see if I’m on the list

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

***** you you idiot! 

Just checking to see if I’m on the load. 

You are never put on ignore. ?

its the usual collection of idiots, most soon disappear as they have the life and attention span of a mayfly

Just now, /dev/null said:

do you really want to join the company of these guys?

You've chosen to ignore content by BigMcD. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

One’s personality comes shining thru quick.

we had a libtard join on here a month ago, acting all scientific and pretending to want a conversation, so I played nice and after a day he went off the deep end in rage and disappeared.

Be nice, they had to pretend Hillary was the Messiah and then say she was terrible after she lost. Their dreams of Utopia under Hillary were dashed...?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Awwwww poop.  

Happy Birthday, you aren’t enough of a dooshy loser to be ignored.