Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

The Japanese got to stay and these people will be sent away....forever. That's how, you douche

Concentration camps are better than deportation...because...wait, what? Do you understand how indefensibly stipid that is? That's too stupid to mock.

Concentration camps are better than deportation...because...wait, what? Do you understand how indefensibly stipid that is? That's too stupid to mock.

Both are pretty bad, especially since these young people never really knew their own country. They are Americans. Probably better than the average Trump voter

Both are pretty bad, especially since these young people never really knew their own country. They are Americans. Probably better than the average Trump voter

They are NOT Americans. That is the entirety of the problem...which 20 years of "prosecutorial discretion" has exacerbated rather than fixed.

Why do you hate immigrants so much that you want to avoid giving them legal residency?

They are NOT Americans. That is the entirety of the problem...which 20 years of "prosecutorial discretion" has exacerbated rather than fixed.

Why do you hate immigrants so much that you want to avoid giving them legal residency?

If you said it is the month of September, Tiberius would argue it isn't.

:blink:

If you said it is the month of September, Tiberius would argue it isn't.

It's September

So to recap, a law that Obama couldn't get passed by his Supermajority Senate is only in its current state because of a disingenuous group of Republicans who didn't pass it either?

Sheesh. Maybe you should figure out why 5 Dems voted it down. I'm willing to bet you'll find a more realistic story.

Only 3 republicans voted for it, and 36 against.

Where as 50 democrats voted for it and only 5 against.

It is true that if the Democrats would have had all 55 votes (100% support) they could have passed the bill with those 3 republican votes for.

But, I'd still lay the blame for not passing it more on the party that only had 7% of its senators vote for it than the one who had 91% of its senators vote for it.

Isn't there a poem that we are supposed to be using for immigration policy?

It is true that if the Democrats would have had all 55 votes (100% support) they could have passed the bill with those 3 republican votes for.

But, I'd still lay the blame for not passing it more on the party that only had 7% of its senators vote for it than the one who had 91% of its senators vote for it.

So let me get this straight: When the Democrats hold a majority in congress, it's the Republican's fault for their inability to pass legislation. When the Republicans hold a majority in congress, it's the Republican's fault for not passing legislation?

Edited by Koko78

So let me get this straight: When the Democrats hold a majority in congress, it's the Republican's fault for their inability to pass legislation. When the Republicans hold a majority in congress, it's the Republican's fault for not passing legislation?

The filibuster works so yes, it is their fault

It only takes a simple majority to pass legislation in the Senate.