Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'd like to see them lose on the principal that you can't pick and choose what laws you want to enforce.

But on the other hand, I'd like to see universities use this as a precedent to jam the abuse of Title IX back down the government's throat.

I'm not sure which is the better precedent for governance, long-term. The simple fact that I can be torn shows what a hypocritical mess our "leadership" is.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'd like to see them lose on the principal that you can't pick and choose what laws you want to enforce.

But on the other hand, I'd like to see universities use this as a precedent to jam the abuse of Title IX back down the government's throat.

I'm not sure which is the better precedent for governance, long-term. The simple fact that I can be torn shows what a hypocritical mess our "leadership" is.

You really hate title IX don't you

• 2 weeks later...

You really hate title IX don't you

I hate THE ABUSE of Title IX. Forcing colleges to be responsible for enforcing a non-existent federal law against rape to the exclusion of local and state resources that are supposed to enforce local and state laws does nobody any good.

• 3 weeks later...

Trump's sudden turn on the DACA is great. Will Stephen Miller resign now? Ending the program now would be turning hundreds of thousands of people into illegal immigrants. Great to see the GOP standing up to the president on this.

Well, technical since they're still in violation of immigration law, and DACA didn't change immigration law, they've always been illegal immigrants. But keep pretending it's a good practice for the president to rewrite laws himself.

DACA should be killed, just to put the ball back in Congress' court where it belongs. Give Congress a kick in the ass to address immigration law properly.

Exactly.

The DACA should be thrown out for Executive overreach and abuse alone..................

The logic from the left on this is really embarrassing, though. "We can't fix the law! We have to ignore the law, because it's immoral and cruel!" No, you have to fix the law, because ignoring it makes everyone subject to the law subject to the whim of whoever's in charge, which is far more immoral and cruel.

Write good laws. Change bad laws. Enforce them. Then you don't have to worry about the random tweets of Cheeto Dust Golems.

Well, technical since they're still in violation of immigration law, and DACA didn't change immigration law, they've always been illegal immigrants. But keep pretending it's a good practice for the president to rewrite laws himself.

DACA should be killed, just to put the ball back in Congress' court where it belongs. Give Congress a kick in the ass to address immigration law properly.

We are not talking "technically" we are talking practically. They can stay and not be harassed.

The logic from the left on this is really embarrassing, though. "We can't fix the law! We have to ignore the law, because it's immoral and cruel!" No, you have to fix the law, because ignoring it makes everyone subject to the law subject to the whim of whoever's in charge, which is far more immoral and cruel.

Write good laws. Change bad laws. Enforce them. Then you don't have to worry about the random tweets of Cheeto Dust Golems.

Lol, whatever!

We are not talking "technically" we are talking practically. They can stay and not be harassed.

Lol, whatever!

Practically, you're advocating a system where they're subject not to the law, but to the whims of any idiot who can write an executive order. You're an immoral, heartless !@#$ing idiot.