Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

On 6/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, B-Man said:

Democrats want the campaign issue.....................not any solutions.

Starving children or votes

the 'choice' is easy for liberals

While the chattering lefty lemmings on our board still want to blame President Trump

I guess that I was right.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejects bipartisan border funding plan that passed Senate 84-8

• Like (+1) 1

Link to article

</snip>

“I’ve been to that facility, where they talk about cages. That facility was built under President Obama under (Homeland Security) Secretary Jeh Johnson. I was there because I was there when it was built,” said Thomas Homan, who was Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for nearly four years.

At an immigration conference today, Homan, under consideration for a new position of “border czar” in the Trump administration, grew visibly angry answering a question about “cages” often cited by Democratic critics of the president.

Homan, who ran Obama's successful deportation operation, ripped Democrats who question Trump immigration officials on the Obama-era idea.

</snip>

Homan, at the conference hosted by the Center for Immigration Studies, said, “I would answer the question, ‘The kids are being house in the same facility built under the Obama administration.’ If you want to call them cages, call them cages. But if the left wants to call them cages and the Democrats want to call them cages then they have to accept the fact that they were built and funded in FY 2015.”

</snip>

He said that there are no cages but chain-link fencing that separates kids from adults, done for safety. “It’s chain link dividers that keeps children separate from unrelated adults. It’s about protecting children,” he said.

What’s more, he said that it is only a holding facility until another agency that is part of Health and Human Services can collect them. But, he said, Congress hasn’t adequately funded HHS.

And he said that the humanitarian aid bill working through Congress would help, but he said the House version amounts to “extortion” because it cuts funding for enforcement.

</snip>

Anyone see that spokeshole  Richard Fowler on Kennedy last night? He made the all time Freudian slip when he blamed Trumps policies for the rush at the Border. He let slip that illegals are trying to get in before the wall goes up. Now wait a minute! We’ve all been told that they’re seeking asylum from THEIR country....not asylum to OUR country. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone see that spokeshole  Richard Fowler on Kennedy last night? He made the all time Freudian slip when he blamed Trumps policies for the rush at the Border. He let slip that illegals are trying to get in before the wall goes up. Now wait a minute! We’ve all been told that they’re seeking asylum from THEIR country....not asylum to OUR country. 

So, a wall does work? Interesting.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, she was backed into a corner and owned it once the Senate overwhelmingly passed their version. 

I'm an hour behind:

And, we can only hope! (Makes me wonder what is in it for Schumer's "friends")

House sends Trump $4.6B border bill, yielding to Senate

The Democratic-controlled House voted Thursday to send President Donald Trump a bipartisan, Senate-drafted, $4.6 billion measure to care for migrant refugees detained at the southern border, capping a Washington skirmish in which die-hard liberals came out on the losing end in a battle with the White House, the GOP-held Senate and Democratic moderates.

The emergency legislation, required to ease overcrowded, often harsh conditions at U.S. holding facilities for migrants seeking asylum, mostly from Central American nations like Honduras and El Salvador, passed by a bipartisan 305-102 vote. Trump has indicated he'll sign it into law.

"A great job done by all!" Trump tweeted from his overseas trip.

</snip>

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

House sends Trump $4.6B border bill, yielding to Senate

The Democratic-controlled House voted Thursday to send President Donald Trump a bipartisan, Senate-drafted, $4.6 billion measure to care for migrant refugees detained at the southern border, capping a Washington skirmish in which die-hard liberals came out on the losing end in a battle with the White House, the GOP-held Senate and Democratic moderates.

The emergency legislation, required to ease overcrowded, often harsh conditions at U.S. holding facilities for migrants seeking asylum, mostly from Central American nations like Honduras and El Salvador, passed by a bipartisan 305-102 vote. Trump has indicated he'll sign it into law.

"A great job done by all!" Trump tweeted from his overseas trip.

</snip>

Nasty Nancy looked at the public reaction to her crap, and realized she (and, by extension, the Democrats) was about to own the "manufactured" crisis.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Nasty Nancy looked at the public reaction to her crap, and realized she (and, by extension, the Democrats) was about to own the "manufactured" crisis.

Yup. She broke it, she owned it. This was better for her.

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

Here's a story you probably haven't seen (because it doesn't fit the narrative)

But if you run the video in reverse, they're actually breaking his ribs, suffocating him, and throwing him in the river.  Nazis!

• Haha (+1) 3

Please read

The Democratic Candidates Are in a Bubble on Immigration

New York Magazine, by Andrew Sullivan

Original Article

FTA:

The Democrats want to raise the cap on refugees from Central America to 100,000 a year and propose no tightening of asylum law. But it’s the asylum law that needs to change. Since 2014, there has been a 240 percent increase in asylum cases. As Fareed Zakaria has pointed out, the number of asylum cases from Honduras, Guatemala, and Venezuela has soared at the same time as the crime rate in those countries was being cut in half.

Take the tragic tale of Oscar Ramirez and his young daughter Valeria, the father and daughter captured in death in that heartbreaking photograph. Ramirez’s widow explained to the Washington Post why her husband wanted to move to America: He wanted “a better future for their girl.” This is an admirable goal, but it is classic economic immigration, and it would appear, based on what we know, that it has absolutely nothing to do with asylum.

Here again is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services definition: “Refugee status or asylum may be granted to people who have been persecuted or fear they will be persecuted on account of race, religion, nationality, and/or membership in a particular social group or political opinion.”

But somehow the courts have decided that you qualify for asylum if there is simply widespread crime or violence where you live, and Ramirez was also going to use that argument as well. A government need not persecute you; you just have to experience an unsafe environment that your government is failing to suppress. This so expands the idea of asylum, in my view, as to render it meaningless.

Courts have also expanded asylum to include domestic violence, determining that women in abusive relationships are a “particular social group” and thereby qualify. In other words, every woman on the planet who has experienced domestic abuse can now come to America and claim asylum. Also everyone on the planet who doesn’t live in a stable, orderly, low-crime society. Literally billions of human beings now have the right to asylum in America. As climate change worsens, more will rush to claim it. All they have to do is show up.

Last month alone, 144,000 people were detained at the border making an asylum claim. This year, about a million Central Americans will have relocated to the U.S. on those grounds. To add to this, a big majority of the candidates in the Democratic debates also want to remove the grounds for detention at all, by repealing the 1929 law that made illegal entry a criminal offense and turning it into a civil one. And almost all of them said that if illegal immigrants do not commit a crime once they’re in the U.S., they should be allowed to become citizens.

How, I ask, is that not practically open borders?

The answer I usually get is that all these millions will have to, at some point, go to court hearings and have their asylum cases adjudicated. The trouble with that argument is that only 44 percent actually turn up for their hearings; and those who do show up and whose claims nonetheless fail can simply walk out of the court and know they probably won’t be deported in the foreseeable future.

Much More at the link:

• Thank you (+1) 1

More from Andrew Sullivan' s thought provoking piece linked above

I’m told that, as a legal immigrant, I’m shutting the door behind me now that I’ve finally made it to citizenship. I’m not. I favor solid continuing legal immigration, but also a reduction in numbers and a new focus on skills in an economy where unskilled labor is increasingly a path to nowhere. It is not strange that legal immigrants — who have often spent years and thousands of dollars to play by the rules — might be opposed to others’ jumping the line. It is not strange that a hefty proportion of Latino legal immigrants oppose illegal immigration — they are often the most directly affected by new, illegal competition, which drives down their wages. . . .

When I’m told only white racists favor restrictionism, I note how the Mexican people are more opposed to illegal immigration than Americans: In a new poll, 61.5 percent of Mexicans oppose the entry of undocumented migrants, period; 44 percent believe that Mexico should remove any undocumented alien immediately. Are Mexicans now white supremacists too? 

That hostility to illegal immigration may even explain why Trump’s threat to put tariffs on Mexico if it didn’t crack down may well have worked. Since Trump’s bluster, the numbers have measurably declined — and the crackdown is popular in Mexico.

I can also note that most countries outside Western Europe have strict immigration control and feel no need to apologize for it. Are the Japanese and Chinese “white supremacists”? Please. Do they want to sustain their own culture and national identity? Sure.

Is that now the equivalent of the KKK?

So long as the narrative requires, yes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, Koko78 said:

That would be the first bit of "manufacturing" ever attributed to the dems.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

***** up for the Times to do this. 

That should cost them their paper. 

It would seem they are trying to manufacture something similar to a Kent State incident. (I am not inferring that Kent State was a set up or anything less than horrific.)

In this case, it would be the doxxing leading to “peaceful protesters” outside the homes of armed agents, where the “peaceful protesters” then attempt to break in (like at Tucker’s place). At some point they succeed and get gunned down by an agent who is protecting themselves and their family. Then the MSM has a field day in attempting to further point to “peaceful protesters” massacred by evil ICE agents.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hedge said:

It would seem they are trying to manufacture something similar to a Kent State incident. (I am not inferring that Kent State was a set up or anything less than horrific.)

In this case, it would be the doxxing leading to “peaceful protesters” outside the homes of armed agents, where the “peaceful protesters” then attempt to break in (like at Tucker’s place). At some point they succeed and get gunned down by an agent who is protecting themselves and their family. Then the MSM has a field day in attempting to further point to “peaceful protesters” massacred by evil ICE agents.

100%

They want violence. 

Because they are out of ideas.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

59% of Americans are wrong, which is why we need one of the Democratic candidates to show us the Way Forward.

i think they can start by rejecting their private healthcare and getting an Obamacare plan.

The new revelations are coming to light, thanks to a visit that Democratic House members, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) paid to border stations on Monday.

These members reported scenes that they described as “appalling and disgusting” and indicative of a “human rights crisis.” Ocasio-Cortez and another member reported that migrants say they’ve been told to drink from toilets, while other migrants claimed to be going without showers.

Meanwhile, ProPublica reports that a Facebook group of U.S. Border Patrol agents showcased discussion of profane jokes about migrant deaths and even sexual vulgarities involving Ocasio-Cortez.

Officials at Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the overcrowded border stations — where asylum-seeking families and children are first held — adamantly deny the more lurid allegations. The agency has vowed a probe of the Facebook postings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/07/02/horrible-new-trump-cruelties-just-emerged-where-are-democrats/?utm_term=.c57bfb4f9ac5