Antonio Brown on NFL Live

KDIGGZ

Did anyone see Antonio Brown on NFL Live just now? I hope they post up a video of it. I would bet any money that the guy was high as a kite. His eyes were glassy, he was having trouble keeping them open and focusing (he was weirdly opening them really wide over and over again at the beginning of the interview), he was slurring his words and he seemed super "relaxed." I thought nah couldn't be, so I googled it and sure enough there has been rumors that Brown and others on the team smoke weed to help them heal and relieve stress during the season. In fact, it was Ryan Clark who is now an analyst with ESPN that called them out on it:

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/04/28/steelers-antonio-brown-ryan-clark-marijuana-use

Did anyone else see it?

*EDIT* found the video:

https://twitter.com/Scores_Replays/status/665322819052371968

Edited by kdiggz

Based on only that clip you posted, it looks more to me like he's goofing off with someone off camera, but who knows. Lots of professional athletes partake as a part of their pain management. It's far less addictive and has fewer side effects than "legal" pain killers, so it wouldn't surprise me.

And honestly there are numerous players who said the prescription pain killers they ate like candy made them batsheet crazy half the time. I know requirements for medical marijuana are a standup comedy joke but I think there is a legitimate argument to be made for NFL players having a real need.

And honestly there are numerous players who said the prescription pain killers they ate like candy made them batsheet crazy half the time. I know requirements for medical marijuana are a standup comedy joke but I think there is a legitimate argument to be made for NFL players having a real need.

100%. It's not a performance enhancer in any way, the NFL should treat it like the NBA does. Especially now considering it's legal in Colorado, home of one of the NFL's 32 teams.

100%. It's not a performance enhancer in any way, the NFL should treat it like the NBA does. Especially now considering it's legal in Colorado, home of one of the NFL's 32 teams.

it is in Washington as well I believe, so 2/32. And it's legal but extremely confusing in DC, but the 'Skins are in MD anyway

Based on only that clip you posted, it looks more to me like he's goofing off with someone off camera, but who knows. Lots of professional athletes partake as a part of their pain management. It's far less addictive and has fewer side effects than "legal" pain killers, so it wouldn't surprise me.

There was nobody else in the room. There was a pic from behind of him in a room with a camera on a tripod, so I don't think that's it. If you watch the whole video it's clear he's trying to keep his eyes open. Like if your parents come in the room and you are trying to not act drunk/high and you overcompensate. Yea I think it can be a good natural pain management aid but it's illegal and it would be a shame if he was randomly drug tested and suspended while the Steelers are in the middle of the playoff hunt. Anyone know the phone number for the NFL offices? :D:nana:

Edited by kdiggz

it is in Washington as well I believe, so 2/32. And it's legal but extremely confusing in DC, but the 'Skins are in MD anyway

Play in MD, headquartered in VA. One geographically challenged team there.

GO BILLS!!!

legal in WA (where I live) for recreational use as well as Oregon and Alaska

best player on the team that we are going up against for a wildcard spot. would be a big story if he gets "randomly drug tested" and is out 4 games. i'm sure i'm not the only one that noticed

Pretty sure the only time you can be tested is in july or august. Unless you have a failed a drug test already, then you can be tested randomly anytime of the year. Can't remember if brown has ever failed a test before though

He doesn't look high at all. He looks like he's messing with someone.

Yea that's not the whole video that's just how it starts out. Then after that it looks like he's going to fall asleep and he starts slurring his words. Someone mentioned pain pills and I suppose that's a possibility as well. He was definitely on something. I just thought it was bizarre and when I Googled and saw he had been accused of marijuana in the past then it all made sense

Nobody else in the room for him to mess with. He was just bugging out for a bit

https://twitter.com/drinelli/status/665252613273886721

*EDIT*Found the video! Updated the OP with the link. Here it is again. Dude is feeling gooooood. Surprised nobody else noticed

https://twitter.com/Scores_Replays/status/665322819052371968

Edited by kdiggz

It's absurd that the expectation is for football players to ruin their bodies and long-term health but they're not allowed to relax with marijuana if they choose. Yet alcohol's fine? It really makes zero sense.

A lot of things in life make zero sense. Write your congressman/woman

So you want alcohol illegal?

If you apply the same standard of harm Marijuana supposedly causes, it should be banned immediately. And that goes double for tobacco.

The entire reason weed is illegal is because of the belief it was the drug of choice of black people and it would corrupt gullible whites. Look it up.

Dealers don't charge taxes. The myth is that people will suddenly decide to pay more for their stuff because it's legal.

See: Colorado. They don't even know what they want to do with all that extra money. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I mean that could also be just the way he talks. If I just listened to McKelvin without trying to read his lips, I wouldn't understand but maybe 5 words out his mouth. Same goes for many of these hip hops artists. Can't understand what they're saying and I grew up listening to rap so, I don't know man.