Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

8 games left. If TT can get us a 6-2 record down the stretch and play very good football we allow him a full off season to develop. We go for a tackle in the first round and lb in the second. I think we absolutely take a qb to compete for the backup but I'd see us spending money for an experienced backup.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't use a first round pick for a backup QB. Look around the NFL. No one has a good back up. That's just how it is.

Based on what exactly?

I just feel that this is a situation where you go the bryce petty route......ton of potential but needs to learn pro game and not use a 1st rounder........

this is all assuming Tyrod can show he can stay healthy

EJ has nothing to do with this discussion.

EJ has everything to do with this discussion. If the Bills are still planning on 'developing' him any further, there wouldn't be any need to draft a QB early, since EJ would be the guy.

EJ has everything to do with this discussion. If the Bills are still planning on 'developing' him any further, there wouldn't be any need to draft a QB early, since EJ would be the guy.

Does anyone believe that there's any reasonable chance of that being the case?

Maybe Whaley and a few diehard fanboys?

I'm pretty sure Whaley is looking hard at the next crop of QBs.

Dak Prescott or Jacoby Brissett will be sitting there in the 3rd and Whaley will be like "sure, what the hell."

Edited by LeGOATski

Can you imagine how excited everyone would be if a 1st round pick was playing like Tyrod? I'm definitely excited to watch his progression. He's obviously still learning but the eye test is good and the ceiling is apparent. I expect a big season out of him next year, but regardless next year should go a long way toward revealing what we have. Shame EJ had to play against the jags, I think that one will cost us the playoffs.

Edited by NickelCity

I just feel that this is a situation where you go the bryce petty route......ton of potential but needs to learn pro game and not use a 1st rounder........

this is all assuming Tyrod can show he can stay healthy

Okay, but take someone in the 3rd or lower, not 1st or 2nd.

I think Tyrod could have what it takes to be a franchise QB.

But they should draft a QB in round 1.......and will not.

They should because the ultimate goal of new ownership should be to build a franchise like Green Bay that wins for a LONG time.

Your only chance to do that is by having great QB's.

When you have great QB's they make 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks look like first rounders and they make coaches look like geniuses and these factors allow you to buy low in free agency and that MORE than makes up for those first rounders.

I think Tyrod could have what it takes to be a franchise QB.

But they should draft a QB in round 1.......and will not.

They should because the ultimate goal of new ownership should be to build a franchise like Green Bay that wins for a LONG time.

Your only chance to do that is by having great QB's.

When you have great QB's they make 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks look like first rounders and they make coaches look like geniuses and these factors allow you to buy low in free agency and that MORE than makes up for those first rounders.

This.

They won't be drafting high enough to select a QB they have rated equal to or higher than another player on their board.

I would bet they will be taking a developmental guy somewhere in the third or fourth round, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Take the best available player that is a need. If it is a QB, then so be it. They need to get a QB though. Manuel can be dumped next year and will be in his last year of his contract. Unless the Bills think he is a good back up and try to keep him, i see them dumping him.