Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

Does anyone believe that there's any reasonable chance of that being the case?

Give him a shot elsewhere. Someone might take a flyer on him.

His value to the team is minimal at best. Tyrod is in another solar system compared to him.

For the people thinking he is a good #2. what evidence is there of that?

Off the bench he has been brutal. if Taylor doesn't crap the bed. he's next years starter.

Good for him.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We go best player available. If we are in a spot where one falls in our lap, we will take one.

No matter what, we will take one somewhere, but I believe that all first round talent will be gone by our pick and we will not trade up unless TT gets hurt again this year

Given how Tyrod is playing, do we still feel that the Bills needs to draft a QB with their round 1 pick in the next draft?

CBF

yes, he only threw 12 times that shows that they don't trust him to be THE guy, he has missed two games already due to injuries, and he regressed every game till he got hurt. He played solid yesterday but you win in this league with pocket passers not running QBs which get hurt and exposed over time.

Given how Tyrod is playing, do we still feel that the Bills needs to draft a QB with their round 1 pick in the next draft?

CBF

Never understand the thinking of Bills need this position so Bills should use their first round pick on that position?

thinking any team should just go with a certain position in a draft without knowing where they will pick or what player will be there is pretty silly

Whether Bills should draft a QB early partly depends on Ty's performance and contract; based on certain milestones it may be impossible to sign him wisely without a Kaepernick-style contract. Do you overpay and take chances of him getting hurt and unavailable for extended periods due to his style? A bad contract can weigh down the Bills greatly and does not help Ty either since money will not be available for OL other than draft picks and low budget castoffs.

No, OL, WR, S, LB are the needs IMO.

I couldn't disagree with you more. OL, WR, S, LB..........DE, DT, CB, RB are all meaningless without a quality QB.

Even if Tyrod finished out the season looking good, I'd be all for the Bills taking a QB they thought could be a good starter in the NFL. I'll take the problem of having 2 decent QB's, happily, after what we've been through the last 15 years as Bills fans.

Draft a QB in rounds 1 and 2, if you want.

I couldn't disagree with you more. OL, WR, S, LB..........DE, DT, CB, RB are all meaningless without a quality QB.

Even if Tyrod finished out the season looking good, I'd be all for the Bills taking a QB they thought could be a good starter in the NFL. I'll take the problem of having 2 decent QB's, happily, after what we've been through the last 15 years as Bills fans.

Umm, not sure if you are kidding? They have gotten fine QB play. They probably add a veteran backup and a developmental prospect in the mid rounds. This team has glaring holes right now on the OL and at LB. In addition AW's career may be over. If that's the case they need another S. Watkins looks like our only quality WR and he has suffered a bunch of injuries.

You can get great QB play and not win in this league (see Rivers, Phil). If you have a complete team you can win with below average QB play (see Manning, Peyton). Right now the Bills are getting above average to good QB play. There is no reason to fix what's not broken. If things change between now and the end of the year maybe they change course but at the moment there is no chance that the Bills go QB.

I think Tyrod could have what it takes to be a franchise QB.

But they should draft a QB in round 1.......and will not.

They should because the ultimate goal of new ownership should be to build a franchise like Green Bay that wins for a LONG time.

Your only chance to do that is by having great QB's.

When you have great QB's they make 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks look like first rounders and they make coaches look like geniuses and these factors allow you to buy low in free agency and that MORE than makes up for those first rounders.

So much this it isn't funny

*Jayron Kearse SS, Clemson 6-4 220 4.54..."has 122 tackles, 5.5 for loss, three sacks, six interceptions for 83 yards, one quarterback pressure, seven pass breakups, one caused fumble and one recovered fumble in 1,142 snaps over 25 games (15 starts) in his career...Kearse is nephew of Jevon Kearse and cousin of Phillip Buchanon" - per clemsontigers.com...

Rexxy loves his Clemson players...plus he loves his 1st round DB picks

Edited by Tsaikotic

CBF

still unclear. lots more football to play friends before we have this discussion. Based on what I've seen so far, i think we found our guy. he looks like a cross between Russell Wilson and Michael Vick. but its early..

Plus we won't be drafting early enough this year to get a top QB anyway, so the whole discussion is pretty much moot

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

yes, he only threw 12 times that shows that they don't trust him to be THE guy, he has missed two games already due to injuries, and he regressed every game till he got hurt. He played solid yesterday but you win in this league with pocket passers not running QBs which get hurt and exposed over time.

Wow!. He only threw 12 times and completed 11 of them. Yes you're right, terrible stats. They didn't throw more because they were gashing Miami on the ground. His record as a starter is 4-2 and he is in the top 5 in the league in most QB stats. We do not need a different QB. We need a solid backup, so draft one in the 2nd or 3rd, but no need to look for a starting QB in the draft, we already have one and he should be the number one guy for quite some time.

I think Tyrod could have what it takes to be a franchise QB.

But they should draft a QB in round 1.......and will not.

They should because the ultimate goal of new ownership should be to build a franchise like Green Bay that wins for a LONG time.

Your only chance to do that is by having great QB's.

When you have great QB's they make 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks look like first rounders and they make coaches look like geniuses and these factors allow you to buy low in free agency and that MORE than makes up for those first rounders.

I am not in your - keep drafting one in the first every year camp - but I certainly think that they have to take one relatively high this year and how high depends how well Tyrod plays. This year I would not argue against one in the first round even if Tyrod plays well although my preference would probably be OT in the first and QB in the second.

Umm, not sure if you are kidding? They have gotten fine QB play. They probably add a veteran backup and a developmental prospect in the mid rounds. This team has glaring holes right now on the OL and at LB. In addition AW's career may be over. If that's the case they need another S. Watkins looks like our only quality WR and he has suffered a bunch of injuries.

You can get great QB play and not win in this league (see Rivers, Phil). If you have a complete team you can win with below average QB play (see Manning, Peyton). Right now the Bills are getting above average to good QB play. There is no reason to fix what's not broken. If things change between now and the end of the year maybe they change course but at the moment there is no chance that the Bills go QB.

This makes perfect sense! I would add that it sounds nice in theory to have two great QBs. But, in the modern free agent, salary cap world, is it practical? I say NO! And, I'm a big options guy. You have to optimize your dollars spent. And, if TT continues his play he will need to be paid, just like a high draft pick.

So... next time he has to throw 40+ times because we can't run and are behind... well then they must really trust him?

Gonna definitely be interesting to see how this seasons progression goes, and if Tyrod can stay healthy the rest of the games. The LBers are lame in the current system, and the safety's aren't up to par. The team needs a clear #2 WR because Woods is not looking like he is it.

From CBS Sports,

19. Buffalo Bills
2015 record: 4-4 (.530)
Top need: Right tackle
Other needs: Linebacker, safety
Senior prospects at positional needs: OT: Vadal Alexander (LSU), Taylor Decker (Ohio State), Spencer Drango (Baylor); LB: Jordan Jenkins (Georgia), Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Terrance Smith (Florida State); Safety: Deon Bush (Miami), Jeremy Cash (Duke), Kevin Byard (Middle Tennessee State).
Analysis: It wasn't that long ago that the Bills selected both Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Kouandjioin the same draft to compete for the right tackle spot. Unfortunately, it is looking like neither guy will end up becoming the starter of the future and the Bills just might agree with that sentiment. The Billsneed an upgrade in talent at most of the linebacker positions and a safety who can handle himself in coverage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572264/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-nos-1120

@JETS

@NE

@KC

Houston

@ PHILLY

@WASH

Dallas

Jets

5 of 8 on the road

I can understand wanting to draft a QB early in the draft since we are not sure what we have in TT and we haven't had a good QB in a long time.

But the people who would suggest using multiple high picks on a QB are just wrong, in my opinion. It takes time to develop a QB, you don't have space on a roster for 2 developing QBs behind your starter. You don't have practice time and snaps to develop 2. You also would like to have a backup who can come in and play rather than 2 rookies. Not to mention leaving other needs unattended to because you spend a 1 and 2 on QBs. I just see this as a very bad idea. Identify the guy you like and go get him. If you are unsure between 2 of them, they probably both suck.