Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a hard time thinking of successful QBs drafted in the 20s, beside Rogers. You either have to go up top 10 or get lucky and hit on an Andy Dalton or Carr type guy in a later round

So a guy worthy of being drafted in the 20's has less of a chance of being successful than a guy worthy of being drafted in the 30's because of a few examples you just thought of off the top of your head? How about Dan Marino?

I think regardless of Tyrod's play you have to take a chance on a QB when an opportunity presents itself. If a QB prospect we like falls in round 1 who we didn't expect to get to us I think you take him. Same goes for rounds 2-3 (unless we've already selected one, of course)

This

Too early to say. If Tyrod keeps playing as he has I go offensive tackle in the first round (so long as there is someone there worth taking at that spot of course) unless a Quarterback I have rated high falls to me. If Tyrod's play drops off then I am aggressive trying to get up to take a QB.

Our present needs, in order for me, are:

1. offensive tackle

2. linebacker

3. safety

4. quarterback

5. receiver

I'd also like to take a flier on a young centre. Wood has played better this year than the last 2 but we need to start thinking beyond him.

Given how Tyrod is playing, do we still feel that the Bills needs to draft a QB with their round 1 pick in the next draft?

CBF

No....If we can build a solid O line, this offense will be unstoppable with TT at QB. Glenn is most likely gone, so an OT would be my vote for a 1st round pick at this point and time....

If Tyrod continues to play well, especially near the end of the season, I say we concentrate our draft focus elsewhere. If he starts to get figured out by opposing defenses, and doesn't adjust well, then I'd consider it if the right QB is there, but it's really such a crap shoot. IF we do draft a guy, I hope he's not thrown in there right away and Tyrod is completely forgotten about.

I'd put linebacker as #1 priority. You need a quick linebacker with top shelf tackling skills if you're opponents are going to dink and dunk you with the quick short passes.

I believe NB will be playing for somebody else in 2016.

EJ has nothing to do with this discussion.

I actually think he has a lot to do with this. He's proof that you don't reach for a QB just because you need one. You go after one if you really like him and are confident that he at least has potential to lead your franchise.

Too early to tell.

Not sure if I agree with this. If EJ was named the starter in the beginning of the year & played as well as Taylor has played this year I think most people would be quick to say EJ has turned the corner & we have found our QB. Why is the bar set higher for Tyrod? I think he has played very well & should be considered the long term solution at QB.

Assuming Tyrod finishes the year healthy and as continues to play as strong as he has, I think we should look to the other needs. Unless someone really falls, then you have to take a QB. Otherwise, maybe draft a project in the 2-4 round.

EJ has nothing to do with this discussion.

What? Of course he does. Drafting EJ is an example of reaching for a QB when the talent isn't there. That IMO is a bad strategy, and one we should not employ in future drafts.

Are we just not allowed to mention his name anymore because you were wrong and it makes you feel bad? Is that what's bothering you?