Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it really comes down to where we are in the draft and if a guy like Cook or Lynch is available to us. If not then most likely the Bills won't go QB. Whaley is all about getting the best player available rather than going position specific. With how well Tyrod is playing, how young he is, and how little he is costing us the next two years there is no reason to jump for a QB in the first if it's not some guy who is supposed to be elite.

He has had some good games, but he has also been very bad at times.

All part of the learning process as most inexperienced QBs have bad stretches. As we know developing consistency and learning from mistakes are two important signs of continued growth and development. Looks promising thus far.

No, OL, WR, S, LB are the needs IMO.

Too early to tell.

Both are right, say we end up 10-6 or 9-7, might be too deep to really go after one position. BPA at the pick may be best route and end up filling one of these needs.

I would, simply because we don't know what we have in Taylor, despite the rosy outlook. He's started 6 games. I'd feel a hell of a lot more comfortable if he had two full seasons like this under his belt.

Your point about TT is valid, but we also don't know what we would get out of the Draft, especially since it is unlikely that the Bills will draft in the top 15. A developmental QB later in the draft might work.

So far, no. But I don't think it's a bad idea to do what the Eagles have done with taking a second round pick to be the backup in case of injury. Kolb and Foles were both picked up this way as backups to mobile QBs and both made for ok stopgap starters before getting flipped on trades.

Whoa, Kirby going O line with the first pick ...I like it!

Then considering that Glenn could be gone as an UFA, and so could Incognito because he is only signed for one year. I gotta wonder if the Bills will pony up the money to keep either, and if not a LT will almost be a mandatory pick.

I also wonder if Rex Ryan won't want a linebacker instead.

agreed. take the BPA from those positions in whatever order. I'd put LB and perhaps DL ahead of S though. Having AW back will solidify the safety play even more. I'd take another RB also in the 5th or 6th, given the injury history of our RB's.