Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

Yeah, I'm sure it's all just in my mind.

Honestly it is. 982 yards 6 tds in his rookie season. If he was really limited (and he was at points) you guys should be hoping he gets better, because he will be a monster fully healthy rather than bashing him because he had a rough sophomore start with regard to injuries.

Apparently, he doesn't. We have little jobs.

And here we are at the root of your criticism. :lol:

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't care about the Bills or doesn't care what you think? In the words of Marv Levy "once you start listening to the fans you will wind up sitting next to them."

"Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?"- Marv Levy, on the sideline in street clothes.

What is this "hiccup" he had Thursday? He tweaked it. Blaming fatigue.

Let's hope he didn't seriously re-aggravate it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14067523/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills-definitely-play-sunday-ankle-injury

Imo

screw it. a good system can overcome all this.

No reason Woods and Hogan and Marcus and Clay and that other TE cant get something going.

If he is dicked up he is nearly useless anyways.

the drawing attention and coverage is stupid by now. People need to make plays. and Roman needs to give them that chance. no matter who lines up. Throw the damn ball to Mulligan for St Patrick's sake!

screw it. a good system can overcome all this.

No reason Woods and Hogan and Marcus and Clay and that other TE cant get something going.

If he is dicked up he is nearly useless anyways.

the drawing attention and coverage is stupid by now. People need to make plays. and Roman needs to give them that chance. no matter who lines up. Throw the damn ball to Mulligan for St Patrick's sake!

no, please don't. We draw the line at Mulligan targets.

Honestly it is. 982 yards 6 tds in his rookie season. If he was really limited (and he was at points) you guys should be hoping he gets better, because he will be a monster fully healthy rather than bashing him because he had a rough sophomore start with regard to injuries.

And here we are at the root of your criticism. :lol:

No, the root of my criticism is giving up two #1s and a fourth. I do expect a monster for that. And, I think he could be one. But, this is frustrating as hell. It's all glimpses. Just like it was with CJ and it seems several others.

No, the root of my criticism is giving up two #1s and a fourth. I do expect a monster for that. And, I think he could be one. But, this is frustrating as hell. It's all glimpses. Just like it was with CJ and it seems several others.

I think it was only something like 7 rookie wr crossed 1000 yards. He played like monster wideouts in his first year. If your expectation was all time great season from all time great wideout that played with great qbs - sure he underwhelmed, I guess. But if you look at where he was tracking and the skill he was showing (things like route running, beating corners, etc... Even if the pass never came) he is well on his way despite a rough 6 weeks with injury and a bye week.

The freakish obj season really messed up reasonable expectations of what to look for in benchmarks. He's so far ahead of a spiller at this point that mentioning in the same breathe is frustrating. The only way he goes that route is Awful injury luck long term.

Edited by NoSaint

I think you have it wrong. Whaley traded away five first rounders and his second son to get Watkins.

I think you have it wrong. Whaley traded away five first rounders and his second son to get Watkins.

And to benchmark the spiller comment-

In his first 2 years cj as a top 10 pick at RB that was healthy had about 1200 total yards from scrimmage. That's a great example of a guy that randomly flashed talent within poor production often. A rookie wr producing like Sammy is really good.

I have never understood this.

If you feel a player is goofing off - taking plays off, sandbagging, failing to take coaching - yeah, that's on the player. Bryce Brown would be an example. Apparently he failed to take coaching about improving his ball security to the point where the coaches wanted him gone and didn't want him back even when RB corps was decimated by injury.

But a high percentage of great college players, including players drafted high in the 1st round, don't make it in the NFL. Some of them are injured out of the league or perennially hampered by injury. Some just don't have it, for whatever reason.

If a player doesn't seem worthy of his draft position or what was traded for him, that's on the GM and (if involved) the FO. That's really not on the player, so why get a hate-on for the player over that? He didn't and couldn't control where he was drafted.

I think it was only something like 7 rookie wr crossed 1000 yards. He played like monster wideouts in his first year. If your expectation was all time great season from all time great wideout that played with great qbs - sure he underwhelmed, I guess. But if you look at where he was tracking and the skill he was showing (things like route running, beating corners, etc... Even if the pass never came) he is well on his way despite a rough 6 weeks with injury and a bye week.

The freakish obj season really messed up reasonable expectations of what to look for in benchmarks. He's so far ahead of a spiller at this point that mentioning in the same breathe is frustrating. The only way he goes that route is Awful injury luck long term.

Yeah, you're right. It's all in my head. It's not frustrating at all that he can do all these stats and everything you want to trot out - but yet it seems to be constantly hampered.

Him catching a touchdown and getting hurt for no particular reason on the same play is the perfect summation of his career so far.

A rookie wr producing like Sammy is really good.

I expect Sammy will get his game together next year.....this year looks like it might be one excuse after another from a young guy that hasn't learned how to manage his body............ but it's not that unusual even for WR's to have big starts to their career and then flame out due to injuries.

Right now he just is what he is and nobody wants to hear a guy who has proven so little tell people that it's ok that he has underachieved and pretend that it's to be expected that he is going to be limited by 7-8 different injuries in the course of 14 months.