Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos for this.

Miller has the look of a solid-but-unspectacular guard to me. I think he’ll be a starter in the NFL, and maybe even as a rookie. I don’t ever see him making an all-pro team, but rather being a 4th-round type guy that comes in and contributes immediately.

I actually think John Miller has a chance to be something depending on how hard he works

but great call on being the immediate starter

and I also generally think that first round picks are overvalued

You have said this before and quite frankly, I never really understood why. Is it partially because we are Bills Fans, and since 1990 we have burned no less than 13 first round picks on rbs and dbs? This, without having a first round pick in 2 of those years.

A team does get WAY more bang for their buck in later rounds, even with the new CBA. That said, the truly talented players at LT, QB and pass rushing DE tend to go in round 1. Again, historically this matters little to the Bills. We tend to not draft these guys. :(

I could be wrong but I am interpreting your post to mean that the Raiders were patient with Carr and now it's paying off, whereas the Bills were not patient enough with Manuel and somehow failed him. I want to make sure I understand what you're trying to say before I respond. But I would note that I was gushing on here this past offseason about Carr and, of course, as you can imagine, most people were exclaiming that he sucks and, naturally, they would rather have EJ Manuel. Part of talent evaluation is knowing who to draft but maybe a bigger part of it is knowing when to be patient with a guy vs. knowing when to just cut your losses. The Bills gave Manuel ample opportunities. Carr showed plenty his rookie year for Raiders fans to optimistic about.

I am not sure that was ever what people were saying last offseason - ok maybe a couple of he usual suspects but them apart - I think most people were saying, Carr's rookie year was not that different to EJ's there were some good performances and a couple of absolute stinkers. Now I agree there were some who were saying on the back of that - EJ has only had 14 games how do we know? However, I have always agreed with you that EJ's first full offseason where he seemed to stand still or regress if anything and lost the confidence of the coaches was the point where the Bills had to think about moving on, and they did to Orton and then to Tyrod. Carr has stepped up his consistency in year 2 and is right where you would want him to be as a 2nd year developing QB.

I always said incidentally that there were no top 10 Quarterbacks but 3 first round worthy QBs in that 2014 class - Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr. I think they have all shown enough to make me think that they will be starters in this league for a number of years - though Carr is probably looking the best of the 3 at this point.

I would imagine that most folks on here that grade players do it somewhat similarly. There are actually some surprisingly sharp football minds on this board.

I'm not surprised at the football knowledge on this board at all. Sure, there are people that are here just to have fun and raise a little hell, but betwixt that is some really great analysis. More than a few talented people here.

Sammy is limited again in practice. Looks like he may be looking for his 10 reps while he is sitting in the hot tub! This is very frustrating.

It is frustrating but it is nothing outside of the norm. Watch how long Calvin nurses his ankle after he injured it. Although he is lucky to have a bye week to heal. Or look back last year in which he did, and played limited (might as well have not played) a few games.

These things happen.

Edited by What a Tuel

fail :bag:

:lol:

^^ cant kick em all out of the end zone

Limited but participating

I know we have had a lot of injuries this year.....but kudos to this coaching staff for being careful with players we need in the long run.

yep, besides A Williams , seems the Bills are being patient and wise in regard to the gazillion injuries we have had already

About time we see if Sammy can get that 50 50 ball like the one Dalton threw for 42 yards. Tight coverage Dalton trusted his receiver. Gilmore still can't believe that was a catch. My only concern is I don't see Sammy being that guy. Right now he reeks of a guy who plays well when things are easy. I'd love to see him play well when things are tough. And before I get killed by y'all I know he has to be thrown to so we can see what type of receiver he will ultimately be. My opinion is partly based on his prima donna attitude. But so be it's my opinion!

About time we see if Sammy can get that 50 50 ball like the one Dalton threw for 42 yards. Tight coverage Dalton trusted his receiver. Gilmore still can't believe that was a catch. My only concern is I don't see Sammy being that guy. Right now he reeks of a guy who plays well when things are easy. I'd love to see him play well when things are tough. And before I get killed by y'all I know he has to be thrown to so we can see what type of receiver he will ultimately be. My opinion is partly based on his prima donna attitude. But so be it's my opinion!

Did pretty well in a tough situation vs Minnesota last year