Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the people who watch the TV networks are......

Santonio Holmes said a similar thing in Pittsburgh about fans. Didn't work out well for him. A few more stupid comments and Watkins could end up playing someone else. Perhaps he'd like to see how it is catching passes from Bryan Hoyer or Johnny Football. I hope it doesn't come to that. The Bills do need another WR in next years draft. 3-5th rounder.

Ha!

Watch: Northtown Auto Sammy Watkins Tour (1:57)
The winners of the Northtown Auto social media contest were rewarded with a behind the scenes tour of the entire Bills headquarters at Ralph Wilson Stadium, hosted by wide receiver Sammy Watkins.

Aw, c'mon. When you qualify jokes like that, they lose all the humor. Besides, from reading the thread, it's apparent Sammy meant that remark for every NFL fan in existence - maybe every person with a job!

Edited by WotAGuy

Not making fun. I thought you were referencing an earlier post.

I was. the emotes always throw me. much like sarcasm can

:oops:

wayne fontes was a player and a coach. skeletor was a player and a coach. I know high school coaches and ex players I wouldn't let work on my lawn mower. so what?

just a question. you asked John the same as if it was a qualifier for an opinion

How is he "rather poor" at his job?

People seriously need to think these things through before they write them.

Be upset with his comments if you want to...don't knock his performance on the field, as it's been quite good. He had very similar rookie numbers to guys like AJ Green and Julio Jones, playing with much lesser QBs.

Yea - he's started his career on an excellent note but because he's had a poor month of health and PR several act like he's a chump.

Going to a Bills game is like stepping into a parallel dimension, almost like how life would be with no rules/laws.

It is an amazing experience.

Similar to a Grateful Dead (RIP) or Phish concert.

Complete FREEDOM!!

Imo

Ive only been to "fake" Dead shows but dozen of Phish shows. I find/found both way more civilized. I wouldn't compare the hyper-masculinity and debauchery of Bills games to the debauchery of a Phish show. Although Bills fans are way more generous w their food!!

Yea - he's started his career on an excellent note but because he's had a poor month of health and PR several act like he's a chump.

Actually he has acted like a chump in this case. Just because you have the ability/right to say something doesn't mean you should say it. It was dumb and his team & his Team both understand this.

Actually he has acted like a chump in this case. Just because you have the ability/right to say something doesn't mean you should say it. It was dumb and his team & his Team both understand this.

If that's your opinion of him off the field so be it but it's not what i was talking about.

Someone was saying he is a poor quality of player on the field and that's false. Acting like he's shown nothing on the field makes our quality of discourse here worse, not better.

If that's your opinion of him off the field so be it but it's not what i was talking about.

Someone was saying he is a poor quality of player on the field and that's false. Acting like he's shown nothing on the field makes our quality of discourse here worse, not better.

No one that I've seen has said he has acted like "a chump" on the field. There have been complaints about his ability to stay on the field, must have missed the post(s) you're referencing.

No one that I've seen has said he has acted like "a chump" on the field. There have been complaints about his ability to stay on the field, must have missed the post(s) you're referencing.

I replied to bandit calling that person out. If you read the bandit one it's clear the type of post he was replying to. Bird dog (if memory serves) called him a rather poor player so far.

I've seen more than a couple the last few weeks. I particularly enjoy the "hopefully the light comes on like it did for Eric moulds and he actually produces" angle of seen pushed a few times.

Edited by NoSaint

I replied to bandit calling that person out. If you read the bandit one it's clear the type of post he was replying to. Bird dog (if memory serves) called him a rather poor player so far.

I've seen more than a couple the last few weeks. I particularly enjoy the "hopefully the light comes on like it did for Eric moulds and he actually produces" angle of seen pushed a few times.

Well, he does need to produce, all of them do. Someone who cost two first round picks needs to produce better faster or else the wolves will be nipping at his achilles. The disadvantages for Watkins is that when he is on the field he can't call his own number or throw himself a pass. He's been less than overwhelming, but, he has plenty of company.

Well, he does need to produce, all of them do. Someone who cost two first round picks needs to produce better faster or else the wolves will be nipping at his achilles. The disadvantages for Watkins is that when he is on the field he can't call his own number or throw himself a pass. He's been less than overwhelming, but, he has plenty of company.

He's also produced on par with peers around the top 5 picks prior to this injury troubled month.

But the illusion that he hasn't is exactly what I was calling out and what you are kind of encouraging.

He's also produced on par with peers around the top 5 picks prior to this injury troubled month.

But the illusion that he hasn't is exactly what I was calling out and what you are kind of encouraging.

You can call it an illusion if you think it strengthens your point, I'd call it a fact. He's been ignored to OK to very good. That isn't what is expected when 2 first round picks are given up for one guy. Questions about the pick(s) are valid, but, it's too soon to draw any conclusions.

You can call it an illusion if you think it strengthens your point, I'd call it a fact. He's been ignored to OK to very good. That isn't what is expected when 2 first round picks are given up for one guy. Questions about the pick(s) are valid, but, it's too soon to draw any conclusions.

Well said. Too early, but not overachieving to be sure...