Streaming of the game?

valle7878

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thumbs down here as well and I have a good internet connection. I paid a lot of money for Sunday Ticket and not giving me the option to watch the game via the ticket and settling for watching a crappy feed that consistently dropped from hd to sd quality and also paused and buffered is an atrocity.

Yahoo app on fireTV stick. Lower than HD but not horrible. A few freezes that came back in VERY low definition, but not more than maybe 6 in total. But the video was jittery on my 50" TV to the point that I was getting a little motion sickness like when playing a first person shooter video game. Overall I'd have to give it a 6 out of 10 when compared to broadcast TV.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Wow, what a bad viewing experience watching this game on Yahoo. Lots of hesitation and blurry images all throughout game. I watched on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 tablet ... in same room as router.

Back to the drawing board NFL and Yahoo. Terrible experience! Nothing like watching TV!

Edited by DallasBillsFan1

Yahoo app on fireTV stick. Lower than HD but not horrible. A few freezes that came back in VERY low definition, but not more than maybe 6 in total. But the video was jittery on my 50" TV to the point that I was getting a little motion sickness like when playing a first person shooter video game. Overall I'd have to give it a 6 out of 10 when compared to broadcast TV.

I experienced the same. It was like watching a bad movie with overuse of 24p filmography

Mine was fine, but I know many weren't. The problem with a stream is that there are so many variables in getting the signal from Yahoo to your eyeballs. Yahoo can easily answer any complaints with "well, the issue could have been your ISP/hardware/software" and they'll still call this whole thing a success no matter what.

watched on a Roku3

During pregame Dareus segment it stopped to buffer then a minute or so later buffered again but never recovered. Had to restart the stream

During the game had to buffer twice

Video was HD

Audio and Video were always synced

Also checked in on a PC a couple times. Roku stream was maybe 20 seconds behind the PC stream

For the first ever stream I'd say it's a resounding success

Wow, what a bad viewing experience watching this game on Yahoo. Lots of hesitation and blurry images all throughout game. I watched on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 tablet ... in same room as router.

Back to the drawing board NFL and Yahoo. Terrible experience! Nothing like watching TV!

The picture quality was pretty good for me to be honest, the feed just paused or needed refreshed way too often. However for people who have limited to zero access to games week in, week out (cable, Sunday ticket or GamePass) its not too bad... Free is free, right?

I'd say poor. Almost as disappointing as our performance. 1st half, the quality was okay, but certainly FAR inferior to other things I've seen streaming, save for a few few second bufferings. 2nd half was terribly fuzzy, almost throughout. Switched over to an illegal feed which had better quality until it was shutdown/lost, then went back to Yahoo & it was still poor.

I found the HD would turn on/off, had some stuttering, and the overall quality was nowhere near what I get on Sunday Ticket. I was using a PS4 and 60" TV, so quality issues are a lot more noticeable than on a tablet.

i watched on a Roku3 and had no problems with the stream

I watched on a Roku and the only blip was with about 3 mins left in the game when it froze for a few seconds.

Picture was perfect.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

Would not surprise me at all if the majority of the ppl who had problems with the stream were streaming over wifi.

I always try to stream any live content with a wired connection as wifi can be hit or miss especially with the numerous wifi devices in the house.

Edited by Max997

people often forget that A LOT depends on your device.

For example, a Roku is not going to perform the same way a PC or SmartTV will. They lack the components to process and render that data.

The pixilation is natural, given the device or the setting on the actual player.

I work in tech so I see this all the time.

It's like a car. Both will get you from point A to point B, but some will do it quicker, more smoothly, and more consistently.

I had no issues on my gaming rig, MBP, or Surface. However, I didn't try my roku.

Fire stick worked fine. Froze a couple times but only once during actual play

Worked fine for me. Not exactly a high def signal through chromecast on a 55 inch TV. Commercials were definitely high def, so the problem was with the broadcast feed rather than with my broadband/wireless, etc. I'm not sure I like it, but this is the future folks....

Give it a few years and it should smooth out some.

Would not surprise me if the majority of the ppl who had problems with the stream were streaming over wifi.

I always try to stream any live content with a wired connection as wifi can be hit or miss especially with the numerous wifi devices in the house.

hard wired to verizon hios modem, watched on 20" monitor. same configuration I occasionally receive bounced euro stream from..

very good streaming quality at first, but degenerated over time. by the end of game, I reduced the viewing window in half to maintain the resolution I've gotten from the euro streams

Awful…

Had to use my computer (imac) ; used safari, the stream froze many, many times.

The picture ranged from clear HD, to pixelated, to full on Monet/really over pixelated where I couldn't tell what was going on. (particularly late in the game which was most frustrating). For the most part it was in the middle there, crappy and pixelated.

Overall, for what it's worth, just unacceptable.

I hope the next time the NFL does this, it's with Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. and make THOSE fans have to through this.

I liked it, watched most of the game while driving. A great idea, I wish they would do all games on the internet.