Phantom call on Robey =Royally Screwed in England

Bocephuz

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said in an earlier post that I think bills opponents have been watching film and talking to the refs before and during the game. The Easley offsides on kickoff is a play you really have to be looking for and expecting (especially how close it was). Woods has been called for holding the last few weeks while blocking. he's a pretty tenacious blocker. Robey has been known to be physical etc.. This is just a theory but we all know coaches talk to and work the refs before and during games. I think this is helping to increase our penalties. We are getting crazy calls against us. Let me be the first to say we have taken a crazy amount of personal foul penalties and I am sure the refs are no fan of Jerry Hughes. So, the reputation we have earned is justified. I just don't believe all the calls are. Our defensive line was held a ton today and it wasnt called hardly at all. The judgement call penalties are hugely lopsided against us.

Pegula is paying the refs off, to get the top pick

Yes, the Bills could have (and should have) played better so this call was a non-issue...but the fact is that this was an absolutely horrendous call.

The more this type of stuff happens (and what happened in the Seattle/Lions game), the less interest that I have in watching anymore. Once you start hearing tons of people say that the games are being rigged by the refs for online sport gambling profitability, the more you really start to wonder if they are correct.

It's one thing to make an honest mistake because you thought you knew what you were seeing, but these types of horrendous calls (some even after further review & with multiple refs watching) are ruining the game, IMO.

This seems to have gotten much worse in the past 2-3 years, no?

Yes, there have been bad calls made as far back as I have been watching football...but none as blatantly bad as the calls that I have witnessed in games lately.

Yes, the Bills could have (and should have) played better so this call was a non-issue...but the fact is that this was an absolutely horrendous call.

The more this type of stuff happens (and what happened in the Seattle/Lions game), the less interest that I have in watching anymore. Once you start hearing tons of people say that the games are being rigged by the refs for online sport gambling profitability, the more you really start to wonder if they are correct.

It's one thing to make an honest mistake because you thought you knew what you were seeing, but these types of horrendous calls (some even after further review & with multiple refs watching) are ruining the game, IMO.

This seems to have gotten much worse in the past 2-3 years, no?

Yes, there have been bad calls made as far back as I have been watching football...but none as blatantly bad as the calls that I have witnessed in games lately.

I think you forgot the r in your name

I think you forgot the r in your name

It was intentional...a little running joke between me and a friend.

Based on how I realized how stupid it looked from the outside, I have changed my name to Bacchus44.

Bacchus is my dog's name...named after the Roman God of alcohol - which is what I need to consume lots of in order to be a Bills and Sabres fan living in WNY! :thumbsup:

Edited by Bacchus44

Worst of all, the guy facing the play threw the flag, not the back ref. No way he's in a position to see the foul.

this.

ref couldnt have been sure. All he saw was a receiver fall down.

Honestly neither team deserved a win. This years Bills are worse

Based on how I realized how stupid it looked from the outside, I have changed my name to Bacchus44.

Bacchus is my dog's name...named after the Roman God of alcohol - which is what I need to consume lots of in order to be a Bills and Sabres fan living in WNY! :thumbsup:

Sabres will be bringing home before the Cup before we know it, now if the Bills can get that QB ...

Is your dog a heavy drinker?

Betting has turned the NFL into the new WWE. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably still thinks the latter is for real still.

No doubt. My daughter bet a parlay in Vegas solely on what logo she liked best. She went 5 for 5 and won $120.

There's only one more off season move I want to see Pegula make.... Become a member of the NFL rules committee. It's the only way I can see doing something being done about the amount of BS calls that go against this team.

Eh, they were going for it on 4th at that point in the game either way. We need to bounce back from bad calls, and not also give up 21 points from turnovers in a single quarter.

Certainly they were, but I have to like our chances with a 4th and 15 coming up sans the bogus call.

Eh, they were going for it on 4th at that point in the game either way. We need to bounce back from bad calls, and not also give up 21 points from turnovers in a single quarter.

No question, they go for it, but so unlikely when they need the whole thing. We lost this game in so many different ways.

Rex

The Pass Interference should've been 4th down. There was no false start the previous play. Jags LT was only Lineman that moved on Center snap. Refs got that wrong too. Hughes sack should've counted. At least that one was easier to understand how they got wrong.

There was a false start on that play.

The other penalty I thought was bogus was the Hughes' offsides call. He got back before the snap but they called him offsides anyway.

I thought I saw the Bills pass rushers held quite a number of times and nothing was called either. Robey had good coverage, never touched the defender.

Darby had another stellar game. Is it just me but I think he is better than Gilmore.

Saw quite a few holds by Jax OL that went uncalled. PI was garbage. Regardless of what happened before it, the call likely decided the game as you just are going to defend a 4 th and 15 differently. Given Bortles game to that point, and the fact that his throw on the phantom PI call was awful, I like the Bills chances of a stop there.

As for Darby, I think he is better than Gilmore already. He plays the ball better and seems to have excellent coverage skills. Gilmore will lose his guy from time to time and doesn't play the ball enough. He often doesn't turn around and gets flagged for it.

This has NOTHING to do with Cassel, EJ, Woods, Whiley, etc

People are inserting other things in because they are going off topic and repeating things said in other threads or things they have said before.

Shouldn't have come down to that. Turnovers and inconsistent D did us in. We are not a good team.

Doesn't make a difference - that referee call was wrong.

It was a horrible call, but by no means the reason why we lost today.

We were horrible.

Not we. If you were part of referees in real life maybe but you are NOT a member of the Bills.

You got what you wanted, something to B word about.

Exactly. Bills can blame themselves for this loss following a terrible first half. But refs still don't get a pass for failing to perform their job. That was a legit failure by that guy at a critical spot. I'm pretty sure it was the same guy that was calling it a turnover on the 3rd and 1 failed sneak at the end.

That flag simply cannot be thrown. It's completely inexcusable to make that call with Robey in perfect position there and trying to make a play on the ball.

Exactly. It is clear from the video that there was no interference by Robey and only thing POSSIBLE is referee guessed what happened when player slipped. That is wrong. The Bills should get an apology on this but instead Robey will be fined for speaking out against the call.

Bills fans are all over the country - someone needs to "out" this zebra and make him look bad to those he works with, family, etc. That was absolutely the wrong call and I suspect the NFL will not even try to defend call for it is indefensible.

Where is the Pro Football Focus which grades the Zebrea.

Can Eichel play QB?

better than ej

If you've watched enough NFL, you just knew the Bills were going to lose this game. The NFL wants a team in London and rest assured it will be the London Jaguars. They won't need to change the name of the team because Jaguar was once an iconic British brand.

was?

I think the Bills coaches need to raise holy hell with the NFL. Maybe get Pegula to do something behind the scenes. Other teams seem to get attention drawn so that penalties our thrown. On the TD, Hughes has Joeckel beat and was closing on the QB when Joeckel was holding him with both hand around the shoulders. Another blown call that was obvious.

Get refs to start calling holding and our D line looks all world again.

I think the Bills coaches need to raise holy hell with the NFL. Maybe get Pegula to do something behind the scenes. Other teams seem to get attention drawn so that penalties our thrown. On the TD, Hughes has Joeckel beat and was closing on the QB when Joeckel was holding him with both hand around the shoulders. Another blown call that was obvious.

Get refs to start calling holding and our D line looks all world again.

I thought the right tackle came out of his stance before the snap too on their last TD.