Reasons NOT to Watch Bills/Jags on Yahoo

blzrul

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to be in San Diego this past weekend and went to PB Ale House to watch the game - it was awesome - 2 or 3 hundred Bills fans, most from Buffalo. So anyway, they're opening at 6am PDT because the game is on at 630am PDT....I guess they have someone on their tech team that will be able to figure out how to get the game from Yahoo to the numerous TV's.

To NUMEROUS TVs!? Unpossible!

That's rad that they're opening - seems like that'll be a fun party! Have a Blue for me :beer:

I for one welcome our corporate overlords - as long as I can get my Bills game fix...

no no, you dont get a discount for being an corporate overlord suck up Heitz.

Now we have to fly to San Diego to watch the game??? Is there no end to this madness?

wait ! What! I skip a couple pages and now this!! WTF happened Man?

Heitz? who did you piss off?

San Diego! Of all places..

I would have no issue paying for each game being streamed.

Hate to say this but some of you have a myopic viewpoint here. This streaming is not as much about you guys as it is opening up to newer markets they don't have satellite, don't have cable, and maybe don't even have TVs. And it also opens up the game to an additional 2 billion people.

As for the game, www.yahoo.com.

Stream to your TV or don't. Either way it's an easy get.

Hate to say this but some of you have a myopic viewpoint here. This streaming is not as much about you guys as it is opening up to newer markets they don't have satellite, don't have cable, and maybe don't even have TVs. And it also opens up the game to an additional 2 billion people.

As for the game, www.yahoo.com.

Stream to your TV or don't. Either way it's an easy get.

Call it enlightened self interest.

What's Yahoo?

Great question. Apparently Yahoo is unfamiliar with Yahoo. I followed their directions to the Yahoo app search, and got no responses on my Samsung TV. My smart TV search, using the Yahoo search browser (searcing for Buffalo Bills NFL London Game), lead me to 4 pages of links before finding a radio station with an actual link to get me to the game. Yahoo has embarrassed themselves, in my mind. Clowns.

Great question. Apparently Yahoo is unfamiliar with Yahoo. I followed their directions to the Yahoo app search, and got no responses on my Samsung TV. My smart TV search, using the Yahoo search browser (searcing for Buffalo Bills NFL London Game), lead me to 4 pages of links before finding a radio station with an actual link to get me to the game. Yahoo has embarrassed themselves, in my mind. Clowns.

Yahoo also had instructions on how to watch it on TIVO which were totally screwed up. Told me to select things that weren't even there.

Yahoo might have a great plan, but their implementation has really sucked!

Yahoo also had instructions on how to watch it on TIVO which were totally screwed up. Told me to select things that weren't even there.

Exactly, they told me to select "all apps" on my Samsung, but there is no such choice. I had to tell my parents, who are in their late 80's, that Yahoo sucks, go to Google or anywhere else. Yahoo tried, but messed up (miserably) on implementation on this one. A total loss. Yahoo still sucks.

For those who want to stream, it's literally this easy.

1. Go to your nearest Best Buy.

2. Ask salesperson to direct you to Chromecast.

3. Buy said Chromecast.

4. Plug in Chromecast to HDMI slot

5. Switch AV to the HDMI slot.

6. Set it up (takes 30 seconds)

7. Play the game on yahoo.

8. Hit the Chromecast logo on the playback.

3. Buy said Chromecast.

So, basically, it's literally slightly easier than sending a man to the moon.

It's a damn NFL football game! Yahoo makes me hate them even more.

yeah, that seemed really difficult.

The problem is not difficulty, the problem is that most of what they're pumping out so far does not actually work. I hope it works, and I'll let you trust them if you like. They have done a poor job of execution. Period. They had an opportunity to win people over, and paid big bucks for the chance, and they under-performed. Instead they look stupid. If I'm a stockholder I'm disappointed.

So, basically, it's literally slightly easier than sending a man to the moon.

It's a damn NFL football game! Yahoo makes me hate them even more.

The short version.

1. Plug Chromecast into TV

2. Click the Chromecast icon while playing.

But you don't need to stream. You probably can't type the Y and A of Yahoo on Sunday morning without the game popping up.

The problem is not difficulty, the problem is that most of what they're pumping out so far does not actually work. I hope it works, and I'll let you trust them if you like. They have done a poor job of execution. Period. They had an opportunity to win people over, and paid big bucks for the chance, and they under-performed. Instead they look stupid. If I'm a stockholder I'm disappointed.

You seem like a worrier. Are you a worrier?

What's ironic is that this game is really the first free and available game for everyone in the world. But it's a test run on adding a new medium and revenue source for the NFL. We are always going to have to pay for it (I'm an out of market long time Sunday Ticket Owner).

I don't see it supplanting Sunday Ticket but being a secondary revenue source-at least at first. While this game is free, ultimately they may offer a la carte Internet options for viewing various games. I would welcome that.

I remember crazy days of sneaking onto rooftops of apartment buildings and setting up a secret and hidden satellite (yeah did that) or jimmy rigging it on my Chicago downtown apartment balcony where satellites were not welcome and then covering it up with a plant (yup), etc.

Frankly this option, if it had existed, would have made my life much easier.

Also your one person boycott of a free streaming game isn't going to change much.

will it be available to everyone world wide? I know there s shows on yahoo (community) that won't stream on yahoo for those outside the us

3. Buy said Chromecast.

now from my understanding, and I have chrome cast on 2 of my tvs at home, you have to cast it from a wireless device (tablet or smartphone). Can it be cast from a desktop or laptop computer? I haven't checked that out

I welcome an online PPV model, quite frankly.

Buy in bulk at scale, or buy game to game.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than the several hundred DTV charges for the ticket...on top of your satellite subscription.

Plus, even if they sold ads at a reduced cost, it would probably still net more revenue for the shield.

Resist all you like. But it's happening.

Ditto! I'd gladly pay an annual sub for $100 if they allowed to view all Bill's games live plus archived access.

I welcome an online PPV model, quite frankly.

Buy in bulk at scale, or buy game to game.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than the several hundred DTV charges for the ticket...on top of your satellite subscription.

Plus, even if they sold ads at a reduced cost, it would probably still net more revenue for the shield.

Resist all you like. But it's happening.

Yep it's gonna happen for sure & it will be as great a move as putting MNF on ESPN !!

What was once the most anticipated game of the week is now a mere after thought . SNF with Al & Chris is now the best game of the week .

Good ole Roger & owners like J.J. will continue until this sport is as screwed up as baseball !!

will it be available to everyone world wide? I know there s shows on yahoo (community) that won't stream on yahoo for those outside the us

now from my understanding, and I have chrome cast on 2 of my tvs at home, you have to cast it from a wireless device (tablet or smartphone). Can it be cast from a desktop or laptop computer? I haven't checked that out

Yes and yes

For those who want to record the game that are streaming the game to your Windows desk top or iMac computer, you can use this piece of software to record the stream but you better have a very large hard drive or record it at a smaller formatt like 640 by 480 anyways heres the link.

http://m.movavi.com/how-to-capture-streaming-video/

Edited by billsareback

I personally don't get why someone wouldn't just plug an HDMI cable from their laptop into their TV over buying FireTV, Chromecast etc

That being said, not sure what the numbers are but there will be a group of older people particularly who are not currently set up to stream anything. My MIL in Buffalo has no computer or smart phone.

The short version.

1. Plug Chromecast into TV

2. Click the Chromecast icon while playing.

But you don't need to stream. You probably can't type the Y and A of Yahoo on Sunday morning without the game popping up.

The shorter version:

Plug laptop into TV with HDMI cable.

Done.

Edited by The Wiz

I agree with that my parents don't own a computer

or a smart phone and do not have hi speed internet or as a matter of fact no internet in there

home. My dad is a huge Bills fan he has been watch bills games since 1960. he is retired and lives in Henderson, NV. No he won't go out he is

not doing to well and rarely leaves the house. He has lots of medical problems. He does have Direct TV and Sunday Ticket because I set it up for him. So he is SOL for this game

I personally don't get why someone wouldn't just plug an HDMI cable from their laptop into their TV over buying FireTV, Chromecast etc

That being said, not sure what the numbers are but there will be a group of older people particularly who are not currently set up to stream anything. My MIL in Buffalo has no computer or smart phone.

If I didn't already own a fireTV Stick I certainly wouldn't go buy one just for this game. But since I do own one, it is the most convenient way for me to watch. And FYI to the fireTV and Stick owners, a NFL Stream category showed up in the Yahoo app on mine last night so we should be good to go tomorrow..

I agree with that my parents don't own a computer

or a smart phone and do not have hi speed internet or as a matter of fact no internet in there

home. My dad is a huge Bills fan he has been watch bills games since 1960. he is retired and lives in Henderson, NV. No he won't go out he is

not doing to well and rarely leaves the house. He has lots of medical problems. He does have Direct TV and Sunday Ticket because I set it up for him. So he is SOL for this game

Yeah they are exactly the ones that get !@#$ed by this. And with no internet you can't even try and find someone to go to his place with a device. Bottom line, it should still be on TV (at least the ticket) as well as Yahoo tomorrow. I hope the pieces of **** at the NFL front office lose sleep over the cases like this, !@#$ing over their long time fans. But you need a conscience for that so I'm sure they won't.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The fact that it's on at 6:30 a.m. here in the West isn't causing me angst - but it occurs to me that the higher the viewership, the more likely we're going to see this continue.

Only in the future, it will be PPV.

So that means you can pay for Sunday Ticket and still get screwed.

Hence, I am not going to watch. I hope that it will be on NFL Replay.

Screw you Goodell.

Resistance is futile...this is where all TV is heading

The problem is not difficulty, the problem is that most of what they're pumping out so far does not actually work. I hope it works, and I'll let you trust them if you like. They have done a poor job of execution. Period. They had an opportunity to win people over, and paid big bucks for the chance, and they under-performed. Instead they look stupid. If I'm a stockholder I'm disappointed

You did sarcastically say it's 'slightly easier than sending a man to the moon' so I assumed you had an issue with it being difficult.

My only real worry about this is that I will have some streaming problems that have nothing to do with my internet connection, i.e. freezing, bad picture/sound quality, etc. I've streamed a lot of live concerts and once in awhile, a stream just has issues. I think in some of those cases, too many people login and it crashes servers. I am hoping that the NFL/Yahoo is ready for everyone in the world to tune in but I just have this feeling they will have issues. If it's a choppy connection, I'm going to be pissed.

A complete Black Friday crash may be best for NFL fans even if it is not best for Bills fans who want to watch this game.

Right, but they didn't have the dish before NFL Ticket, they had to do something different... like now. Should I type slower for you?

Wouldn't it be funny if my setup didn't work Sunday morning!

Yes especially if internet posting did not work too.

A complete Black Friday crash may be best for NFL fans even if it is not best for Bills fans who want to watch this game.

Yes especially if internet posting did not work too.

Yeah, failure is a good thing. You must be from Buffalo.

ahhh, the choices. ohh the angst the game has created and it hasn't even started. ain't life great!

this helps us ignore the fact that half our offensive starters aren't there

NFL.com, NBCSports.com...amongst others stream NFL games on their site. This is the same thing. Why would hope for this and why would this be best for fans?

In case some still aren't sure...

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sports-news/SLN26708.html?impressions=true

NFL.com, NBCSports.com...amongst others stream NFL games on their site. This is the same thing. Why would hope for this and why would this be best for fans?

In case some still aren't sure...

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sports-news/SLN26708.html?impressions=true

Because the streaming game for Yahoo is model (or experiment) in pay per view to attempt to extract more money from NFL viewers.

There are a lot of people who still only view games via TV whether it is at home or at a bar and they can not view this game even if they are paying for all via DirectTV.

What the NFL wants is to trim some of those games off free (and prepaid DirectTV) and get a new revenue source.

Note: I do not have DirectTV so I am not an advocate. I work most weekends now so I listen when I can not shift hours to watch game on TV or at the bar.

Because the streaming game for Yahoo is model (or experiment) in pay per view to attempt to extract more money from NFL viewers.

There are a lot of people who still only view games via TV whether it is at home or at a bar and they can not view this game even if they are paying for all via DirectTV.

What the NFL wants is to trim some of those games off free (and prepaid DirectTV) and get a new revenue source.

Note: I do not have DirectTV so I am not an advocate. I work most weekends now so I listen when I can not shift hours to watch game on TV or at the bar.

It's just a football game.

Yeah they are exactly the ones that get !@#$ed by this. And with no internet you can't even try and find someone to go to his place with a device. Bottom line, it should still be on TV (at least the ticket) as well as Yahoo tomorrow. I hope the pieces of **** at the NFL front office lose sleep over the cases like this, !@#$ing over their long time fans. But you need a conscience for that so I'm sure they won't.

it used to be a good business practice. to insure backward compatibility of new products and services for existing consumers to help develop brand loyalty. but when the product or service is proprietary, and the consumer is already heavily invested, corporations from Microsoft to Verizon to the NFL have proven that the consumer will begrudgingly set aside the obsolete for the new.

I'll stick to my aforementioned plan to utilize hand puppets and bourbon to create my personal game day experience