Reasons NOT to Watch Bills/Jags on Yahoo

blzrul

Does Yahoo have a 'channel' on fireTV? Most of the time devices like that are pointed at things like netflix, youtube, so on, but don't have a browser function. Maybe the newer ones do?

There is a Yahoo app for the fireTV as well as the fireTV Stick that according to the Yahoo website for the event (https://nflstream.yahoo.com/) will receive the stream for the game.

There is a lot more information in this thread. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177210-london-game-will-be-streamed-on-yahoo/

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Yahoo have a 'channel' on fireTV? Most of the time devices like that are pointed at things like netflix, youtube, so on, but don't have a browser function. Maybe the newer ones do?

Right, again, *I* can do that, and YOU can do that. I don't expect my parents are up for the hassle. By virtue of the fact that we're on an internet forum, there's a certain level of technical sophistication present. There are a lot of people that wouldn't know 16:9 from a hole in the ground, much less HDMI and signal splitting. The NFL has made watching this game sh1ttier by any rational standard.

You don't come here often, do you?

You're looking at this all wrong...

This is the start of paying for the games and tv that you want, and not paying extra for the extra bull ****. The internet is going to eventually take over cable and satellite broadcasting. It's about time that these ****ty cable providers have some legit competition.

Except those same ****ty cable providers tend to be the same ****ty internet providers.

Golf on weekend mornings in October rocks. That's my reason. wonder if it'll be included on DTV shortcuts next week. whatever. If they win, they should have won, plus it will be boring. If they lose, I'd just as soon not know the game even existed .. so all good. go bills. I'll watch on my phone from the sun drenched fairway... unless I'm playing well, then I won't get to it at all... ha

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

yeah sweet it'll be like working another 3 hours...sitting at a desk watching a monitor, way better than my leather couch and 65" 4k tv

do you have problems setting up the VHS recorder too, or using the darn remote control.... I plan on watching the game on my big screen tv in HD - same as every other week.

Right, again, *I* can do that, and YOU can do that. I don't expect my parents are up for the hassle. By virtue of the fact that we're on an internet forum, there's a certain level of technical sophistication present. There are a lot of people that wouldn't know 16:9 from a hole in the ground, much less HDMI and signal splitting. The NFL has made watching this game sh1ttier by any rational standard.

be a good son and insert the firetv stick in the hdmi slot and let them watch the game. It's really not that difficult, but survival of the fittest might apply here.

I get this but connecting an HDMI cable from laptop to the TV is the easiest thing to do....check the world wide interweb if help is needed.

As opposed to having someone hook up a satellite dish to your home and wire through to the tv and pay a monthly fee for the service and then another fee to watch the NFL? I would rather use my remote control for my firestick and watch the game that way. Probably save me around $2k in Directv charges yearly.

I get this but connecting an HDMI cable from laptop to the TV is the easiest thing to do....check the world wide interweb if help is needed.

I used to work tech support for Dish Network. I had an old lady tell me she didn't know how to plug in an HDMI cable. It got to the point where I was like, "Do you have a toster? Yes? Ok good. Plug it in just like the toster, into that little spot on the TV that says HDMI."

I used to work tech support for Dish Network. I had an old lady tell me she didn't know how to plug in an HDMI cable. It got to the point where I was like, "Do you have a toster? Yes? Ok good. Plug it in just like the toster, into that little spot on the TV that says HDMI."

Nice :D

Forgive me for asking what I fear is a very basic question, but how does one watch a game on Yahoo? Do you have to pay?

https://nflstream.yahoo.com/

it's free

Edited by nucci

My only real worry about this is that I will have some streaming problems that have nothing to do with my internet connection, i.e. freezing, bad picture/sound quality, etc. I've streamed a lot of live concerts and once in awhile, a stream just has issues. I think in some of those cases, too many people login and it crashes servers. I am hoping that the NFL/Yahoo is ready for everyone in the world to tune in but I just have this feeling they will have issues. If it's a choppy connection, I'm going to be pissed.

As a consumer I love the idea of an a la carte PPV model as well. However I struggle with how the NFL would make more money doing that than they do bundling it the way they do now. If it means less money for the NFL, I can't see them going that way.

I would love a pay per game system so I could just pay for the Bills game when they aren't on regular TV (not very often here). However, everything they've come out with to watch games has been a buy everything model. I'd be surprised if that changes. No way NFL is going to do anything to make it cheaper for you.

If anything it'll be like NFL Ticket, only stream it instead. Not sure how that jives with DTV's exclusivity arrangement.

My only real worry about this is that I will have some streaming problems that have nothing to do with my internet connection, i.e. freezing, bad picture/sound quality, etc. I've streamed a lot of live concerts and once in awhile, a stream just has issues. I think in some of those cases, too many people login and it crashes servers. I am hoping that the NFL/Yahoo is ready for everyone in the world to tune in but I just have this feeling they will have issues. If it's a choppy connection, I'm going to be pissed.

Yep, that's everyone's concern at this point.

I have spent enough time on Yahoo with fantasy sports, etc. to know that the likelihood is that this will not go smoothly.

If Yahoo already had something like ESPN3 that ESPN has, I might have more confidence.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

do you have problems setting up the VHS recorder too, or using the darn remote control.... I plan on watching the game on my big screen tv in HD - same as every other week.

No, I'm actually a Senior Systems Engineer, I suspect I've forgotten more about tech then you're likely to ever know, particularly when it comes to IP and what goes into globe spanning data network. Thanks for asking though, punk.

No, I'm actually a Senior Systems Engineer, I suspect I've forgotten more about tech then you're likely to ever know, particularly when it comes to IP and what goes into globe spanning data network. Thanks for asking though, punk.

and you can't figure out how to get the game on your TV? Are you any good at your job?

Edited by klos63