Reasons NOT to Watch Bills/Jags on Yahoo

blzrul

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a consumer I love the idea of an a la carte PPV model as well. However I struggle with how the NFL would make more money doing that than they do bundling it the way they do now. If it means less money for the NFL, I can't see them going that way.

Then again I guess if they eliminated the ticket and made each PPV $25, fans of one team would pay $400 for one season instead of whatever the ticket costs now. And the bonus for the consumer would be they wouldn't need to subscribe to DTV to get the games. Hmmmm. I seem to be changing my mind mid post :)

Because right now the networks buy the rights then the networks sell the ads to make their profit.

The consumer would directly purchase the rights (perhaps for less than networks pay now, to start), but then the league itself could get the ad revenue which would narrow the gap from what the league gets now from networks without ads.

Eventually the volume of purchasing consumers would create a similar level of revenue.

Trust me, this is the model of the future.

(Unless something better than the Internet comes along)

(something we can bank on)

I have a older Apple TV box and the live feed just showed up on the yahoo app in the live section so it looks like I will be getting this in nice HD go Bills. my stream is up and running in beautiful HD

looks great

I watching it right now in HD

Still look great in HD? a blank screen might be better...

The fact that it's on at 6:30 a.m. here in the West isn't causing me angst - but it occurs to me that the higher the viewership, the more likely we're going to see this continue.

Only in the future, it will be PPV.

So that means you can pay for Sunday Ticket and still get screwed.

Hence, I am not going to watch. I hope that it will be on NFL Replay.

Screw you Goodell.

Not to mention the feed will be at least 30 secs behind real time.