Reasons NOT to Watch Bills/Jags on Yahoo

blzrul

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it used to be a good business practice. to insure backward compatibility of new products and services for existing consumers to help develop brand loyalty. but when the product or service is proprietary, and the consumer is already heavily invested, corporations from Microsoft to Verizon to the NFL have proven that the consumer will begrudgingly set aside the obsolete for the new.

I'll stick to my aforementioned plan to utilize hand puppets and bourbon to create my personal game day experience

Bourbon is seldom a bad idea.

You seem like a worrier. Are you a worrier?

yep . he's a worrier. know 'em when i see ' em..

Augie, for a guy like me who is cheap and does not watch tv except rabbit ears on certain sundays.

This is awesome. i see your point. but life is full of workarounds. Yahoo is still better than the place i work. They are not streaming the game at all.

When they asked if was working Sunday i asked if the game would be on the big screens. they said no. so i said no.

already signed up for the reminder in my computer. which is hooked to my 32" monitor.

Yeah they are exactly the ones that get !@#$ed by this. And with no internet you can't even try and find someone to go to his place with a device. Bottom line, it should still be on TV (at least the ticket) as well as Yahoo tomorrow. I hope the pieces of **** at the NFL front office lose sleep over the cases like this, !@#$ing over their long time fans. But you need a conscience for that so I'm sure they won't.

This is part of my issue. I pay for the Sunday ticket plan that lets me stream games. I do this specifically so I can watch all the Bills' games. Now will I get reimbursed by DirecTV because I'm not actually getting all the games? I get the league wants to do this, but they should still show the game through the traditional channels as well.

Oh and for all the witty guys that say, simply plug in an HDMI cable to your tv. What about those of us that are in cheap hotels without HDMI ports on our TV? What about for the technically challenged folks that still can't program their VCR? What about those of us that have crappy throttled back internet? There's all sorts of reasons this game is gonna be a pain in the ass to watch. Hence, all the more reason to stream it on Yahoo, but still have it on network or sunday ticket tv.

Why would you go to the game and not watch it?

aww shoot. a detail guy. well done!

it used to be a good business practice. to insure backward compatibility of new products and services for existing consumers to help develop brand loyalty. but when the product or service is proprietary, and the consumer is already heavily invested, corporations from Microsoft to Verizon to the NFL have proven that the consumer will begrudgingly set aside the obsolete for the new.

I'll stick to my aforementioned plan to utilize hand puppets and bourbon to create my personal game day experience

/thread

we are out of your league.

so simple. yet... perfection.

allows you to "watch the game" anytime, anyplace!!

Bourbon is seldom a bad idea.

i might mention, seldom a bad idea. But on occasion, in practice there have been incidents that denote it could be just that. A bad idea. hindsight is not always 20 20 sometimes its abit blurry?

bring hand puppets into the equation, and you might be pushing the envelope?

Edited by 3rdand12

Free Online stream? Eh I won't be up early enough as I have plans tonight and I will likely be out late. Hope McCoy goes off and the Bills win. Allen Robinson gets a garbage time TD and a lot of cheap receptions when the game is out of reach.

Edited by billsfan89

By no means am I a details guy but I am a programmer so the whole "get bread, if they have eggs get a dozen" and come home with 12 loafs of bread applies to me.

Well that whats makes life hilarious fun.

did you get the eggs though?

This is part of my issue. I pay for the Sunday ticket plan that lets me stream games. I do this specifically so I can watch all the Bills' games. Now will I get reimbursed by DirecTV because I'm not actually getting all the games? I get the league wants to do this, but they should still show the game through the traditional channels as well.

Oh and for all the witty guys that say, simply plug in an HDMI cable to your tv. What about those of us that are in cheap hotels without HDMI ports on our TV? What about for the technically challenged folks that still can't program their VCR? What about those of us that have crappy throttled back internet? There's all sorts of reasons this game is gonna be a pain in the ass to watch. Hence, all the more reason to stream it on Yahoo, but still have it on network or sunday ticket tv.

I understand your concerns that some people may have issues watching the game, but are you at all concerned about people that can't afford directv and the sunday ticket, or live in apartments that don't allow dishes on the property or rent homes where the landlord won't allow it.... just because it's not 100% perfect is no reason to dismiss it.

Then who would bother to watch it on Yahoo?

Free Online stream? Eh I won't be up early enough as I have plans tonight and I will likely be out late. Hope McCoy goes off and the Bills win. Allen Robinson gets a garbage time TD and a lot of cheap receptions when the game is out of reach.

I think you meant Allen Hurns

Yes. that's what shopping lists are for. Otherwise I would buy pretty much anything and everything..... or nothing.

oh! THATS what shopping list are for! i thought were just for reference only

I think you meant Allen Hurns

one of them anyways. they are great draft picks for this offense up and coming. if they could only get the running game going. good thing Bills are pretty good against the run !

Then who would bother to watch it on Yahoo?

And that's exactly why the ticket can't show the game. The NFL wants this to be a moderate (not a stress) test of the Yahoo system. If the majority of the people watching are doing so via commercial TV in Buffalo and Jax or on the ticket it's not much of a test.

Edited by CodeMonkey

oh! THATS what shopping list are for! i thought were just for reference only

one of them anyways. they are great draft picks for this offense up and coming. if they could only get the running game going. good thing Bills are pretty good against the run !

I meant Hurns because he's on my fantasy team

And that's exactly why the ticket can't show the game. The NFL wants this to be a moderate (not a stress) test of the Yahoo system. If the majority of the people watching are doing so via commercial TV in Buffalo and Jax or on the ticket it's not much of a test.

I thought that would be obvious, yes the NFL wants to see if this works well and will use it more in the future.

Traitor?

I thought about drafting some Bills, but really not a good bet on offense these days.

I thought that would be obvious, yes the NFL wants to see if this works well and will use it more in the future.

I thought about drafting some Bills, but really not a good bet on offense these days.

thats stuff is about winning, not loyalty. I was kidding of course