Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good look at all perception-wise, but he's not wrong. He's the best player on the field and needs the ball.[/quote

Best player on the field needs to be on the darn field. He can just shut up until he shows he can last more than three games w/o getting hurt. Maybe he should get Andre Reed to train him cause whoever is doing it now isn't getting very good results.

I do believe the offense needs to be opened up a bit more. I understand that we have had a lot of injuries to key players, but we do have an outstanding group of weapons on offense here. Let's go G-Ro. :thumbsup:

Not a good look at all perception-wise, but he's not wrong. He's the best player on the field and needs the ball.[/quote

Best player on the field needs to be on the darn field. He can just shut up until he shows he can last more than three games w/o getting hurt. Maybe he should get Andre Reed to train him cause whoever is doing it now isn't getting very good results.

Assuming he plays this week, he'll have played in 20 out of the 22 games the Bills have had since he arrived. That's the same number of games as Mike Evans (who has missed 2 games) two more than OBJ (4 games missed), and four more than both Kelvin Benjamin (5 games missed) and Brandon Cooks (6 games missed). Those are the other first round WRs in his draft class.

Basically, players in the NFL get hurt. A lot. Look at his playing time in context. The idea that he doesn't play as much as other WRs is an absolute myth.

Edited by dave mcbride

Fine but GET YOURSELF ONTO THE FIELD.

Can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

This... I have no problem with him speaking up for himself. Should he have kept it in house? Probably, but you can't get more targets if you can't be on the field. That's my biggest issue. The timing of this isn't good when he's missed the last 2 games and may miss this week too.

This... I have no problem with him speaking up for himself. Should he have kept it in house? Probably, but you can't get more targets if you can't be on the field. That's my biggest issue. The timing of this isn't good when he's missed the last 2 games and may miss this week too.

See above.

See above.

I agree with what you said. I'm speaking only to the last few weeks. If he's going to be back in this week and is wanting the ball now then good on him. But when you've sat out the last 2 games and may not play this week it's an odd time to come out to the media complaining of not getting the targets. I love the kid, and I know he's played while not being 100% where others may not have. Like I said, I'm only talking about the situation over the last few weeks.

I agree with what you said. I'm speaking only to the last few weeks. If he's going to be back in this week and is wanting the ball now then good on him. But when you've sat out the last 2 games and may not play this week it's an odd time to come out to the media complaining of not getting the targets. I love the kid, and I know he's played while not being 100% where others may not have. Like I said, I'm only talking about the situation over the last few weeks.

The timing is indeed weird, but as I said above, he's both young and not a genius. I don't think it's a big issue.

Yeah the timing is weird.

As others have said, it's the timing. You haven't played in a few weeks and you involved your agent? That screams immature. In his one big game in the NFL he got caught from behind celebrating too early. Later in that same game he celebrated again too early although he didn't get caught. Sammy needs to learn that he is a "professional " football player and keep things in house.

I believe he meant the TD pass that didn't actually turn into a TD because Sammy cele'd early.

It was the same game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQwkvf8xdqE

See above...he did not celebrate too early on his TD. He slowed down because nobody was within 25 yards of him. The response to that was that "the guy that caught him was within 25 yards".

See above...he did not celebrate too early on his TD. He slowed down because nobody was within 25 yards of him. The response to that was that "the guy that caught him was within 25 yards".

Oh, okay. So he's conflating the two plays. I knew someone was.

Rex says Hogan also demands to be targeted, but Hogan actually does catch the ball when he is. What has Sam actually accomplished compared with other first round WRs? I'm waiting.

Wait no more- only the teams all time rookie WR

G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Fmb 16 16 128 65 982 15.1 6 84 4.1 61.4 1

Rex says Hogan also demands to be targeted, but Hogan actually does catch the ball when he is. What has Sam actually accomplished compared with other first round WRs? I'm waiting.

Several current NFL WRs' rookie years...you tell me who they are:

WR----GP----REC----YDS----TD

1-----15------65-----1,067----7

2-----13------54------959-----8

3-----16------65------982-----6

4-----12------45------561-----6

5-----10------22------283-----2

Ready? Go!

No cheating!

1 - AJ Green

2 - Julio Jones

3 - Sammy Watkins

4 - Dez Bryant

5 - Demaryius Thomas

Edited by thebandit27

Are you seriously suggesting... :rolleyes: never mind, it's not worth the time.

Several current NFL WRs rookie years...you tell me who they are:

Ready? Go!

No cheating!

1 - AJ Green

2 - Julio Jones

3 - Sammy Watkins

4 - Dez Bryant

5 - Demaryius Thomas

Apologies there bandit, but they were not all equal prospects. 4 and 5 were not on the level of 2 and 1 and 3 at the draft. And if you take 4 and 5 out, 3s rookie year was the worst.

Edited by FireChan

Several current NFL WRs' rookie years...you tell me who they are:

Ready? Go!

No cheating!

1 - AJ Green

2 - Julio Jones

3 - Sammy Watkins

4 - Dez Bryant

5 - Demaryius Thomas

Thank you.

Oh, okay. So he's conflating the two plays. I knew someone was.

Correct.

Apologies there bandit, but they were not all equal prospects. WR4 and WR5 were not on the level of WR2 and WR1 and WR3 at the draft. And if you take WR4 and WR5 out, Sammy's rookie year was the worst.

You're ruining the game! Put the names in spoilers!

I'd argue that it wasn't significantly worse by any stretch. Sammy had equal number of receptions to WR1, despite playing with a much lesser QB, and had only 85 fewer receiving yards.

EDIT: I see that you've edited your post, so it appears we don't differ much in our evaluations

Also, WR4 was an equal prospect to Sammy; he fell due to attitude issues, not ability issues.

Edited by thebandit27

Apologies there bandit, but they were not all equal prospects. Dez and Demariyus were not on the level of Julio and AJ and Sammy at the draft. And if you take Dez and Demariyus out, Sammy's rookie year was the worst.

Dez Bryant absolutely was - he was a total blue chipper. That was never in debate. But he was also a resident of crazy town -- hence the drop to the latter half of the first round.

Correct.

You're ruining the game! Put the names in spoilers!

I'd argue that it wasn't significantly worse by any stretch. Sammy had equal number of receptions to WR1, despite playing with a much lesser QB, and had only 85 fewer receiving yards.

EDIT: I see that you've edited your post, so it appears we don't differ much in our evaluations

Also, WR4 was an equal prospect to Sammy; he fell due to attitude issues, not ability issues.

Yes, but 1 and 2 played less games than Sammy and had better numbers.

And fair on 4, but 5 wasn't close to the rest, IMO.

Was a rookie QB for WR1 really better than KO and EeeeeeeeeJ?