IN MY OPINION.....the number 1 priority this next OS...OL

If we want this team to truly be good we need to be able to get 5 yards on a run even when the other team game plans to stop it

and we cant take NEGATIVE runs by having defenders in our backfield

I think we should forgo the idea of drafting a QB and draft not only a OL in the 1st.....but take as many as FOUR offensive linemen in this next draft (not all of them high picks of course).....taking a look at what I have seen so far

- Cordy Glenn is no longer improving.....while he has not been BAD.....he has regressed. A rock solid LT is a must.......while TT is getting time to throw the ball......it doesnt seem like we can run the ball against good defenses with any kind of consistancy.

- CENTER....the time has come to discuss the fact that Eric Wood is not nor has be been been playing WELL as a offensive center.......which means he commands too much of a paycheck considering the players that we are going to need to sign

- Seantrel Henderson.......he might continue to improve.....but his lack of durability is absolutely a concern. Is it just me or does he get hurt in EVERY game......

- Kujo.....not ready to give up on him......but the false start penalties are maddening

- Miller.....the future at RG

- Cog.....needs to be resigned and play LG

- Urbik......NO DEPTH....none

I think OL should be the priority of the draft. I expect us to be non players in free agency at OL because we spent so much money this year....need to resign our own players.....and basically because Whaley said so.

Thoughts?

If we want this team to truly be good we need to be able to get 5 yards on a run even when the other team game plans to stop it

I think we should forgo the idea of drafting a QB and draft not only a OL in the 1st.....but take as many as FOUR offensive linemen in this next draft (not all of them high picks of course).....taking a look at what I have seen so far

- Cordy Glenn is no longer improving.....while he has not been BAD.....he has regressed. A rock solid LT is a must.......while TT is getting time to throw the ball......it doesnt seem like we can run the ball against good defenses with any kind of consistancy.

- CENTER....the time has come to discuss the fact that Eric Wood is not nor has be been been playing WELL as a offensive center.......which means he commands too much of a paycheck considering the players that we are going to need to sign

- Seantrel Henderson.......he might continue to improve.....but his lack of durability is absolutely a concern. Is it just me or does he get hurt in EVERY game......

- Kujo.....not ready to give up on him......but the false start penalties are maddening

I think OL should be the priority of the draft. I expect us to be non players in free agency at OL because we spent so much money this year....need to resign our own players.....and basically because Whaley said so.

Thoughts?

Cut Kujo.

Agreed,

One thing to note is that the line seems to be solid at pass protection IMO, but does not fit a ground and pound style running attack. I think the offense has looked at it's best when TT takes over with a pass first approach. At least this has been when Karlos Williams has made teams pay for not stacking the box.

Bottom line, 1st and 10 running plays seem to be generating very minimal gains on a consistent basis.

If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that qb play would be our strongest position through 4 games... I would have predicted a 4-0 start.

Again, I know PFF isn't the be-all-end-all of football analysis, but they gave Glenn a +4.1 overall grade, saying he was perfect in pass protection yesterday. Haven't watched more film, but it certainly got my attention. I thought Richie and Glenn has done excellent and good respectively, while Wood and the right side have been shaky.

Not sure about Henderson and Kujo does not seem to be developing at the rate you would expect for a second round pick. Too early to tell for Miller. I really like Wood but his play seems to have regressed. O-line continues to be a significant need.

Thoughts?

They have enough weapons already. I wouldn't mind this as the priority one bit.

Thoughts?

Actually, I think it's been a priority.

The FA's they targeted in 2014 re-signed with their current teams for less money than the Bills were offering. They have to hope there are some guys out there who will look for the highest bidder rather than take a home town discount...

Shouldn't this have been a point last off-season when they hired Rex and Roman to design a run heavy offense and weren't sure who would be the starting QB?

Saying OL is a priority now is a day late and a dollar short. The offense was too dependent on excellent OL play this year.

Thoughts?

I agree with most of this. BUT, I would say it's a bit premature to start planning for next year's draft.

Kujo has improved enormously from last season, and the few snaps he saw yesterday, stupid penalty notwithstanding, he wasn't bad. Has he reached his ceiling? I don't think so.

Miller was out yesterday. Has he reached his ceiling? Obviously not.

Incognito is playing great.

Wood played better yesterday (I thought), but he's just not great.

Glenn has, perhaps, reached his ceiling. But, he's looked better than he did yesterday. Is he just inconsistent?

Yes, we should draft O-line. But, at the end of training camp, you can only have so many O-linesmen on the team. How many rookies are going to make up this unit? Which vets do we drop? I feel like several on the team have room to grow, and will.

And, all of these conversation may be completely irrelevant by January.

Cog and Miller are worth keeping both as they are solid. Glenn is worth keeping if at the right price and depending on how strong he finishes the season. I agree that with Wood the team needs a stronger center and he has a big cap number which makes him expendable. As far as Henderson I say the jury is still out if he progresses back end of the season then no reason to not try and develop him more. Kujo is a solid back up and worth keeping on the roster next season (Cheap and can develop).

Maybe draft a LT round 1 and a C round 2. Resign Glenn but move him to RT and resign InCog. To help pay for Glenn and InCog resigning you can get rid of Wood which won't cover the cost of both but will help. Glenn might not be a great LT but he would be a mauler on the right side, only question is how expensive would it be to get him a deal that pays him what he wants and makes a move to RT not seem like a downgrade. Don't think they could resign Glenn and move him to RT but it would be a nice unique move.

Edited by billsfan89