IN MY OPINION.....the number 1 priority this next OS...OL

Shouldn't this have been a point last off-season when they hired Rex and Roman to design a run heavy offense and weren't sure who would be the starting QB?

Saying OL is a priority now is a day late and a dollar short. The offense was too dependent on excellent OL play this year.

It really should have been a priority when the team had two rookie QB's and a guy who had made only one game start in his entire career in Thad Lewis back in 2012.

But yea, if I'm not mistaken the Bills O line was ranked dead last or near that all season last year, and was the weakest area of the team.

Doug Whaley had targeted an OT, and OG in free agency but they didn't sign with Buffalo.

Glenn is in a contract year, and will probably leave because the Bills won't give him top money, and some other team will (see Andy Levitre) LG Richie Incognito is only signed for one year too.

What gets me is that the Bills have the most expensive D line in the game, and it is floundering right now. The Bills FO hasn't put a high value on O line players since forever. They traded away an all pro LT in Jason Peters, let an above average LG walk in Andy Levitre, and then tried to replace him with bums.

I don't think the answer is 5 rookies either as some may take years to develop. Like Miller is this year. Attacking free agency, and then signing quality talent is the way to go. Signing Incognito now would be smart, and signing Glenn now would also be smart. Both are worth keeping. That leave only 2-3 positions to upgrade.

- Kujo.....not ready to give up on him......but the false start penalties are maddening

His false start yesterday is one of the worst penalties I've ever seen and that's not hyperbole. Has anybody ever seen an NFL lineman get a false start when they were simply trying to get the D to jump? They had no intention of snapping the ball and he STILL jumped. He should be running sprints every day for a month for that.

I wouldn't say the OP is wrong, but I am withholding judgement on the OL until Kromer is back.

This OL has been w/o an experienced coach for a month now - can't help but think that's an issue.

Watch us get more personal fouls when another hot tempered coach gets reinstated :lol:

It really should have been a priority when the team had two rookie QB's and a guy who had made only one game start in his entire career in Thad Lewis back in 2012.

But yea, if I'm not mistaken the Bills O line was ranked dead last or near that all season last year, and was the weakest area of the team.

Doug Whaley had targeted an OT, and OG in free agency but they didn't sign with Buffalo.

Glenn is in a contract year, and will probably leave because the Bills won't give him top money, and some other team will (see Andy Levitre) LG Richie Incognito is only signed for one year too.

What gets me is that the Bills have the most expensive D line in the game, and it is floundering right now. The Bills FO hasn't put a high value on O line players since forever. They traded away an all pro LT in Jason Peters, let an above average LG walk in Andy Levitre, and then tried to replace him with bums.

I don't think the answer is 5 rookies either as some may take years to develop. Like Miller is this year. Attacking free agency, and then signing quality talent is the way to go. Signing Incognito now would be smart, and signing Glenn now would also be smart. Both are worth keeping. That leave only 2-3 positions to upgrade.

Whaley gets kudos here for being adept at drafting defensive players, but his attempts on offense in 2013 and 2014 haven't been so hot. Goodwin, Manuel and Kouandjio are looking increasingly like busts while Robert Woods has been so-so. The best offensive player he's picked (that didn't require a trade up) is a 7th round flyer spent on Seantrel Henderson. Not very good.

The OL isn't something they've prioritized and you've got to wonder considering what they wanted to do on offense this year. Roman had no less than 3 first round picks in SF during their better years.

Edited by BillsVet

While I think we can get better on our line, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you are making it out to be. Look at the Pats. They don't have any world beaters, but they run a scheme that covers it up.

No matter who is on our line, if the opposing team is stacking the box and daring us to throw and we don't, that's on our scheme. We don't spread the field or do the things that good coaches do to make the defense respect us. Doing that creates 1 on 1 match ups and let's us run.

So yes, we could use upgrades. No, it's not going to fix everything if we don't adjust our scheme.