Jets vs. Fins, 10/4 - Who to root for?

Wazzu Bill

First London game of the year, Jets vs. Fins this Sunday 10/4 at 9:30am ET.

post-23236-0-32275600-1443471654_thumb.gif

Who to root for? Realistically I do not see either team being a serious threat to the wild card. But it is a long season and the first 3 weeks do not always reflect the December push.

Personally, I would like to see the Fins come out on top, putting both teams at 2-2. We already beat them once, giving us an edge for a possible tiebreaker.

I'll go for the one with the worst record, this early in the season... Go Fins.

give them false hope? Good Idea!

What's the NFL's logic there?

if you need to ask...

When you have a date with federal court you aren't supposed to leave the country :lol:

Fact. ask me how i know

First London game of the year, Jets vs. Fins this Sunday 10/4 at 9:30am ET.

attachicon.gifFitzTanny.gif

Who to root for? Realistically I do not see either team being a serious threat to the wild card. But it is a long season and the first 3 weeks do not always reflect the December push.

Personally, I would like to see the Fins come out on top, putting both teams at 2-2. We already beat them once, giving us an edge for a possible tiebreaker.

In this type of situation I root for the Zebras for lots of penalties and maybe, just maybe, a player being thrown out of the game like Suh.

Of course if the Phish win it would help their efforts to compete with Jacksonville to move to London. They might need to change their name to London Chips (as what goes with Fish).

Can we root for soccer hooligans to come and slaughter both teams? Literally stereotypical Brittish ruffian's with chains, clubs and doc martins leading to a large on field brawl, and ultimately forfeit by both teams, and suspension of these silly games over there.

Can we root for soccer hooligans to come and slaughter both teams? Literally stereotypical Brittish ruffian's with chains, clubs and doc martins leading to a large on field brawl, and ultimately forfeit by both teams, and suspension of these silly games over there.

outside of the box thinking, and from an Ohioan. YES a resounding YES

Edited by 3rdand12

Does it make me a bad person to root for a terrorist bombing where no one is actually killed but a lot of minor injuries and abrasions and stuff that will eventually heal?

Oh, no, no, no. THAT'S not what makes you a bad person! :)

I was talking about this yesterday and came to the conclusion of a tie as well haha.

Not sure about this logic. A tie is better than a loss, so this potentially could give both teams a better chance in a tiebreaker race. There's no loser. This is in place of one of the teams gaining the full benefit of a win. They actually split the credit and it's possible that hurts us worse. I'm too tired to write an example scenario, but plenty of them do exist. It would interesting to really dissect it statistically. It clearly depends how each of those teams finish out record-wise, but that would be a given in the statistical analysis.

Edited by TheJuice

I can't believe I'm commenting in this thread because I could care less who wins but it just occurred to me that it's kinda messed up that there is a divisional game being played in London. So one of these teams only gets to play two divisional home games?

As has been pointed out by Yolo, the Dolphins home field advantage doesn't exist. They actually might benefit from a neutrally loud crowd because at home they don't even get a loud crowd on defense.

But realistically, yes it is messed up that the Fins lose a divisional home game. If it was the bills, I wouldn't be too happy

So coffee and enemies? This game is on Sunday morning right?

Oooor you could look at it as beer and enemies.

I know a local bar owner who is a Jags fan, he is going to keep the bar open through the night and we will watch the Bills/Jags game at 6:30am (we are west coast). It is probably my most anticipated game of the year :w00t::beer: