Pats Fan Nervous to come to the Ralph

JP's Voice

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never returned to the stadium since my young Son was harassed for cheering for the Patriots . Not me my Kid. I am a Bills fan and he could root for anyone he wishes.

And the beer spilled upon him while the spittin and yelling was going on just made my mind up.

if i was not with my pre teen Son and trying setting a good father example ....

Now this was over 15 years ago. But i will never forget. have not returned.

when i was much younger i might have been pretty shitted up at the games and yelling like crazy. but never aggressive.

Edited by 3rdand12

i have never returned to the stadium since my young Son was harassed for cheering for the Patriots . Not me my Kid. I am a Bills fan and he could root for anyone he wishes.

And the beer spilled upon him while the spittin and yelling was going on just made my mind up.

when i was much younger i might have been pretty shitted up at the games and yelling like crazy. but never aggressive.

Wow that's a terrible story.

Your son is a Pats* fan?

Wow that's a terrible story.

Your son is a Pats* fan?

no longer.

now he is thirty He is a Raiders Fan, poor soul . We both share in our sufferings

: )

Keep on mind this was over 15 years ago.

I hope he has let it go. I have not.

you folks seem pretty nice though...

Edited by 3rdand12

no longer.

now he is thirty He is a Raiders Fan, poor soul . We both share in our sufferings

Keep on mind this was over 15 years ago.

I hope he has let it go. I have not.

you folks seem pretty nice though...

That is a terrible situation for your son to have experienced. There is no place for that kind of behavior. It doesn't excuse it but people get fueled by alcohol and then stupidity takes over. As a visiting fan at other stadiums I am selective about where I go and what I wear.

I hate to say it but Bills fans are generally more prone to drinking and drinking too much. I can't claim innocence in my younger days but now is a different story. I want to enjoy the game and make it home safely. Walking out last week some poor girl was so trashed her friends were basically carrying her out of the stadium.

That is a terrible situation for your son to have experienced. There is no place for that kind of behavior. It doesn't excuse it but people get fueled by alcohol and then stupidity takes over. As a visiting fan at other stadiums I am selective about where I go and what I wear.

I hate to say it but Bills fans are generally more prone to drinking and drinking too much. I can't claim innocence in my younger days but now is a different story. I want to enjoy the game and make it home safely. Walking out last week some poor girl was so trashed her friends were basically carrying her out of the stadium.

Thanks for the thought!

Back then the security was just someones weekend work i suppose.

These day i would imagine with cell phones and stuff, a problem can be reported as soon as its suspected. and I am sure the stadium staff has come a long ways!

Go Bills !

I was proud to be a Bills fan a couple of years back when I saw a Patriots fan and his son sitting a few rows down from me and a Bills fan near by politely warned him that they would be yelling and cursing a lot in front of his son.

So the Bills fan was sober enough to know that he was planning to be offensive, and decided to go ahead and be an a$$hat anyway? And you're proud of THAT?

There is no reason for a Pats* "fan" to be nervous unless they behave like an obnoxious m!@#$. In that case, they should stay home.

And therein lies the problem when Pats fans come here. 90% of them act like obnoxious a holes.

Well no offense to you but for years I have said that whether people like it or not, agree with it or not, I don't think a football stadium, well, our football stadium is a place that a child under 16 should be visiting. Not saying it's right but you need to understand what environment you're bringing a child into.

And therein lies the problem when Pats fans come here. 90% of them act like obnoxious a holes.

Well no offense to you but for years I have said that whether people like it or not, agree with it or not, I don't think a football stadium, well, our football stadium is a place that a child under 16 should be visiting. Not saying it's right but you need to understand what environment you're bringing a child into.

I was 8 years old and going to games at the Rockpile (won season tickets from Tops). And I turned out fine.

Oh, wait....

No, seriously. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to take your children to a Bills' game. Don't know that you should tailgate in the stadium lot with a very young one. But there's a family sections at the Ralph. And if your kid can't handle seeing people act stupidly, or hear some foul language (perfect teaching moments, IMO), then---well, I really can't say, because I was never

sheltered like that.

But seriously SIXTEEN years old? Really?

Edited by The Dean

I was 8 years old and going to games at the Rockpile (won season tickets from Tops). And I turned out fine.

Oh, wait....

No, seriously. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to take your children to a Bills' game. Don't know that you should tailgate in the stadium lot with a very young one. But there's a family sections at the Ralph. And if your kid can't handle seeing people act stupidly, or hear some foul language (perfect teaching moments, IMO), then---well, I really can't say, because I was never

sheltered like that.

But seriously SIXTEEN years old? Really?

Yes! Using that dude as an example look what happened! Pre teen son and he's ruined. Edit

Well this is timely

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/19/four-arrested-for-assault-of-vikings-fan/

Edited by beerme1

I saw a young teenage kid in a dolphins jersey get hit in the head with a half full beer cup once. Wish i wouldve seen the guy that did it I would have returned the favor.

Pretty sad that people cant respect someone else's love for their team.

I hate the Patriots like everyone else in the nation, but I would never cross the line with another passionate football fan, which someone would have to be to wear a pats jersey tomorrow.

This is just a dumb topic. Why are they nervous? All they have to do is take a look around their own stadium in Foxboro and see how opposing fans are treated. That should answer their questions...

...Oh wait a second... You get my point.

I saw a young teenage kid in a dolphins jersey get hit in the head with a half full beer cup once. Wish i wouldve seen the guy that did it I would have returned the favor.

Pretty sad that people cant respect someone else's love for their team.

I hate the Patriots like everyone else in the nation, but I would never cross the line with another passionate football fan, which someone would have to be to wear a pats jersey tomorrow.

Best part about Indy fans in Indianapolis? They spill beer on themselves! A guy was giving us the business about being Bills fans... Later in the game, he goes and gets a couple beers. As he is moving through the row of seats below us, he trips and dumps both beers on The Colts fans below his row! Boy were the Colts fans steaming... And they couldn't even blame us Bills fans! LMAO! My brother couldn't stop laughing... I had to calm him down or we'd all get implicated! ;-) ;-)

Priceless!

That humbled The Dolts fans for a few quarters... Then he starts back up on us again in the 4th... All any of us had to say to him?

"Nice ballerina act you pulled earlier in the game!"

That shut him up once and for all!

:-) Best part, no money spent and they did the honor to themselves! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Frankly, Im glad Pats fans are nervous and scared about coming into OUR house. We've had too many Pats fans coming in and strutting around for way too long. The Gronkowski family sits in the box right behind my seats and it makes me sick to see all the Pats jerseys in there being worn by a group of Buffalonians. The amount of Pats fans infiltrating our gates has been growing every year, and it's time we flush them out with the rest of the turds.

this is how I feel. i don't want fights per se....but i want these jerkoffs to not want to show up.

Total desecration by some smart ass Patriots fan.

IMG_5447.jpg

I put a Bills hat on the Shula statue outside Miami's stadium and posed with it for pics before the playoff game we lost down there in 99. Somebody yelled something at me but no one did anything. Of course it was on there all of 30secs.

this is 100% correct..

But wearing an opposing jersey to an NFL game can take the choice/options away.

Hell, I went to the Flyers/Sabres road games in Philly and handled it as good as I can possibly handle it and was still almost attacked by a family "just because". I refused to take my hands out of my pockets and they didnt hit me. Too many lunatics and randomness at an NFL game.

I took an old girlfriend to a Flyers/Sabres game in Philly once...it was the one where Biron dove across the crease and made a ridiculous save on a sure goal by just getting his stick blade on it...most Sabre fans have probably seen the highlight.

Anyway, we were there rooting for the Sabres and sitting alongside my buddy and his girl who were Flyer fans. We weren't crazy about it, but it was an exciting game and we cheered for our team.

Sabres eventually lose in OT. As the crowd is filing out, a guy a couple rows in front of us with two adolescent kids turns around and starts yapping at us to "get out of here...back to buffalo...etc. etc." I'm just ignoring him, as I never get into that crap.

But for some reason my g.f. lost and it and screams at the guy..."OH YEAH? GO F--- YOURSELF!!" Totally out of character for her, and we were not even drunk! I'm just looking at her thinking "huh? who are you and what have you done with Katie!?"

So now the guy's looking around like he's the victim...going "oh yeah, real nice language around kids. nice."

Without missing a beat she yells "YOU'RE THE A--HOLE TEACHING YOUR KIDS TO MESS WITH TOTAL STRANGERS FOR NO REASON AT ALL!! GO F--- YOURSELF!!"

Now everyone stops to see what's going to happen and I'm starting to think I'm going to be brawling soon...when I hear a HUGE Flyers fan in the row behind me yell to the guy. "SHE HAS A POINT."

End of confrontation :)

I've been to several venues: Dallas, Jacksonville, Miami, San Diego, and Buffalo. By far Buffalo is the most drunk and rude behavior out of all of those. I see more fights and shenanigans at The Ralph than any other venue. But hey, I dig it because I am a Bills fan.

I wonder what Oakland is like???

That's why they say Buffalo is a football city with a drinking problem. I actually think Buffalo is somewhat better than it used to be.

That's why they say Buffalo is a football city with a drinking problem. I actually think Buffalo is somewhat better than it used to be.

I would like to think so.

Back in the day i have had beers spilled on me and spilled beer on others. Never had a issue.

Maybe its just a Patriots thing :pirate:

I hate the Patriots.

The Raiders have been underdogs so i will support them even if they play the Bills.

But i just hate the Patriots.

Treat them right and be above it, even if they get stupid< wait...that comes with the territory.

But i sure have no problem with Pat fans and players not wanting to come here because of intimidation.

Or a drinking city with a football problem? ;)

Damn it, you stole it from me!

Two years ago I was outside MacFadden's in Philly, hanging around a bar before noon. As a phrased it, "I don't have a drinking problem, I have a Bills problem."

And f^&$ any Pats fans there. They knew what they were signing up for.

i love the Bills but would not take my five year old son there. it is one of the craziest places on earth.

Apparently pats* fans are there out to start something

@JeremyWGR: Have to be an elite level of stupid to walk into a stadium, calling people names, and shouting "Bring it" while trashing the city.

@JeremyWGR: Well it's 12 and I've seen my first Patriots fans that appear to be looking to fight. 100% them.

@JeremyWGR: Have to be an elite level of stupid to walk into a stadium, calling people names, and shouting "Bring it" while trashing the city.

@JeremyWGR: Well it's 12 and I've seen my first Patriots fans that appear to be looking to fight. 100% them.

Shocking.

I must say I was schocked at the amount of vitriol coming from Pats fans. For the most part, total asshats, and I don't usually make statements like that As I said up thread , I think many of the folks wearing Pats jerseys were looking for a fight.. But I did not see any fights. Not a one.

One of my buddies did say he got involved when an adult was giving some 8 year old Pats fan some chit in the bathroom. But he said guy recognized what he was doing after my pal got involved, apologized to the kid, and even walked out with the kid and apologized to his dad.

Overall, I think Bills fans acquitted themselves very well considering the demeanor of so so many Pats fans. But that will never be the narrative, will only be about drunk Bills fans intimidating and being nasty.

I would never be afraid to walk into any stadium.. outside of the Jets stadium.. (Those fans are ass hatspersonified) I wear my Bruschi Jersey sit and cheer my team on. I never would have gone to this game because well you guys had hyped it up so much that no matter the outcome I figured I be getting the stupid fans near me yelling at me and swearing at me. (Bills winning -- "ya we are awesome we are the new kings of the east (add lot more vulgarity to it) and if losing "you guys are bleeping cheaters I cant believe you guys bleepin cheating again I bet" ) so best for us Pats fans stay away even if the game tix a third the price we pay.

I did not see a single fight either. I had a Pats fan in my group and he took zero guff at the seats. Of course, he was very quiet and didn't talk trash either. Frankly I thought the crowd was very well behaved all the way around. Great tailgate, beautiful weather, lots of fun, only spoiled by the game itself. Although that first TD drive and defensive 3 and out was pretty great.

Once again this game reaffirmed my deep rooted hatred for their fan base. Had a number of them around us, and many were totally fine. Had normal, civil conversation etc. Then of course there just has to be a couple complete a holes that just can't be normal fans cheering on their team.

Mouths pretty quieter early on, then when Pats started taking control their mouths suddenly wake up. And not just the cheering for their team. It's the tone and the "talking to my group of Pats fan friends but in a way that's obviously instigating the home fans directly in front of me." You know essentially the talking down about your team, city, after every stinkin play then acting like they're sweet little angels when you finally hit a breaking point and tell them to STFU.

I was DD yesterday and drove back to Ohio last night so wasn't even drunk. I had to tell some punk that if he didn't STFU I was going to knock his teeth out. I'm totally fine with cheering your team and hell even good natured back and forth. I absolutely can't stand when they constantly run their mouths saying things that they know are going to get a rise out of a home team fan then throw their hands up and give the "what I'm just trying to enjoy the game" routine. They are the absolute worst fan base when it comes to this. Such spoiled little brats most of whom aren't even from New England or know anything about pre Brady.

I really can't wait till they suck and their pathetic fan base disappears back into anonymity. They've already showed in the past they're a fanbase that disappears when their teams are losers. Just too bad it's been a while since that's the case with their football team.

Once again this game reaffirmed my deep rooted hatred for their fan base. Had a number of them around us, and many were totally fine. Had normal, civil conversation etc. Then of course there just has to be a couple complete a holes that just can't be normal fans cheering on their team.

Mouths pretty quieter early on, then when Pats started taking control their mouths suddenly wake up. And not just the cheering for their team. It's the tone and the "talking to my group of Pats fan friends but in a way that's obviously instigating the home fans directly in front of me." You know essentially the talking down about your team, city, after every stinkin play then acting like they're sweet little angels when you finally hit a breaking point and tell them to STFU.

I was DD yesterday and drove back to Ohio last night so wasn't even drunk. I had to tell some punk that if he didn't STFU I was going to knock his teeth out. I'm totally fine with cheering your team and hell even good natured back and forth. I absolutely can't stand when they constantly run their mouths saying things that they know are going to get a rise out of a home team fan then throw their hands up and give the "what I'm just trying to enjoy the game" routine. They are the absolute worst fan base when it comes to this. Such spoiled little brats most of whom aren't even from New England or know anything about pre Brady.

I really can't wait till they suck and their pathetic fan base disappears back into anonymity. They've already showed in the past they're a fanbase that disappears when their teams are losers. Just too bad it's been a while since that's the case with their football team.

Sadly, all fan bases have jerks like that. Worse the Pats success hasmade it so we have MORE than our fair share. I apologize for that, I been to Ralph when the hype wasnt so much and fans are cool USUALLY, although I did have a drink or two spilled on me by "accident" before. Like I said the only stadium I ever felt unsafe was in NJ for a Jets game.

Sadly, all fan bases have jerks like that. Worse the Pats success hasmade it so we have MORE than our fair share. I apologize for that, I been to Ralph when the hype wasnt so much and fans are cool USUALLY, although I did have a drink or two spilled on me by "accident" before. Like I said the only stadium I ever felt unsafe was in NJ for a Jets game.

No need to apologize as you're obviously not the type of fan I'm referring to. You're absolutely right that all fan bases have their share of complete a hole fans. I've been to many many games at the Ralph, and have also been to about half a dozen away games to see the Bills and the Pats fans in general absolutely have the highest % of said a holes IMO.

Never seen a fanbase as a whole come into an opposing stadium and disrespect the home team's city and fanbase like they do. It's the "everything New England is Gods gift to the world" crowd. Bills fans can be bad in a lot of ways but in my experience going to away games we usually like to enjoy the opposing city instead of trash everything about it.

It's easy to be that way when all you've known is your team's success. Of course the old timers remember the bad times and are almost never anything but good fans. The Pats fanbase is inundated with people that jumped on the bandwagon in the early 2000s and people with no connection to the Pats at all except they became good so started rooting for them.

First thing I saw when I got to my seats (Section 331) yesterday is some little punk Bills fan violently pushed this completely quiet, innocent, alone guy in a Brady* jersey down and he toppled over to the row below. I got in the guy's face and told him never EVER do that again, along with some explanation about being an adult. I actually think (and hope) he took it to heart(and remembers it). Anyway, I know there are idiots like that, but it still amazed me to see that!

For what it's worth, the Pats* fan seemed pretty drunk and was very confused about where his seat was (he was a few sections off, haha!), but he was completely quiet and harmless. We eventually sent him in the right direction, but who knows what happened to him after that. Poor little fella.

First thing I saw when I got to my seats (Section 331) yesterday is some little punk Bills fan violently pushed this completely quiet, innocent, alone guy in a Brady* jersey down and he toppled over to the row below. I got in the guy's face and told him never EVER do that again, along with some explanation about being an adult. I actually think (and hope) he took it to heart(and remembers it). Anyway, I know there are idiots like that, but it still amazed me to see that!

For what it's worth, the Pats* fan seemed pretty drunk and was very confused about where his seat was (he was a few sections off, haha!), but he was completely quiet and harmless. We eventually sent him in the right direction, but who knows what happened to him after that. Poor little fella.

There were a few Pats fans in my section, and no incidents whatsoever. They cheered, generally acted like every other fan, and nobody bothered them.

The only near-incident I witnessed was between two Bills' fans, which almost got really ugly.

No need to apologize as you're obviously not the type of fan I'm referring to. You're absolutely right that all fan bases have their share of complete a hole fans. I've been to many many games at the Ralph, and have also been to about half a dozen away games to see the Bills and the Pats fans in general absolutely have the highest % of said a holes IMO.

Never seen a fanbase as a whole come into an opposing stadium and disrespect the home team's city and fanbase like they do. It's the "everything New England is Gods gift to the world" crowd. Bills fans can be bad in a lot of ways but in my experience going to away games we usually like to enjoy the opposing city instead of trash everything about it.

It's easy to be that way when all you've known is your team's success. Of course the old timers remember the bad times and are almost never anything but good fans. The Pats fanbase is inundated with people that jumped on the bandwagon in the early 2000s and people with no connection to the Pats at all except they became good so started rooting for them.

Ya the Pats been good for so long, some Young fans have never had any hard times to know of. I been threw the Patsy faze when we had the worst coaches ever, with the worst QB's ever! I remember being able buy Pats tickets on gameday they were so bad lol.. then Kraft bought the team and they have been selling out ever since.