NFL will launch "thorough investigation" into last night

Billzfan37

I think the NFL provides the equipment, but the home team hooks it up for the game.

A planted "fan" in the stands behind the visitor's bench is probably the source of the interference being broadcast at close range within the proximity of opponents' equipment.

so someone broadcasted the Cheatriots radio audio on the frequency the helmets use?

I hate to be like this but I'd love to see somebody go after Bradys knees. I know thats horrendous sportsmanship but the NFL isn't gonna do anything. This is like the bully on the beach repeatedly kicking sand in somebody's face. Sometimes you gotta go get a baseball bat and put the bully in the hospital for a month. And make sure your strapped when he comes back and finish it for good if necessary.

Edited by Billsmovinup

so someone broadcasted the Cheatriots radio audio on the frequency the helmets use?

It's possible.

You can buy devices that will do that for very little money.

For example, there are devices you can buy for your car that turn any signal input into a radio frequency broadcast so that you can listen to it on your car's factory radio. That is what all of those hands free cell phone devices do. They turn the input signal from your cell phone into a radio frequency signal that is broadcast at low wattage from the device. You can even adjust the devices to broadcast on just about any frequency in the normal FM range. I can envision someone with RF electronics knowledge probably pretty easily converting such a device to overwhelm the same signal that the headset is supposed to receive.

You could run such a device on a battery for hours. You could crank up the wattage as much as necessary and even make it directional.

Such devices have been around for a long time. You would just have to sneak it into a game which should be pretty easy to do considering the electronic part of it is very small and very easily concealed. Way easier to sneak in than a single can of beer. Could even be packaged to look like a remote starter for a car.

It would have a limited range (like 50 feet or so depending on the wattage). So any fan sitting in the first 5 rows or so directly behind the opponents bench would be close enough. A more sophisticated unit could be located higher up.

Edited by PolishDave

Such devices have been around for a long time. You would just have to sneak it into a game which should be pretty easy to do considering the electronic part of it is very small and very easily concealed. Way easier to sneak in than a single can of beer. Could even be packaged to look like a remote starter for a car.

No need to smuggle it in to the stadium in New England. They put it together in that room with the sinks but no toilet. Just ask the equipment guy nicknamed "Radio Jam Man"

Seems like someone could do the same to the P*A*T*S* by relaying a broadcast signal to their headsets from somewhere in the stands. I'd love to be able to send noise into Taint Brady*s helmet right after they break the huddle and until he gets rid of the ball. Instead of Adams or whoever their 007 is telling him who the hot receiver is he'd be hearing very loud acid rock music.

No, every time he lines up under center broadcast this...

No need to smuggle it in to the stadium in New England. They put it together in that room with the sinks but no toilet. Just ask the equipment guy nicknamed "Radio Jam Man"

That's his nickname because he plays all of there favorite jams during warm ups.

True.

I am thinking of ways they could try to make it look like they had no involvement in it. And rebroadcasting the Patriots own radio makes sense because it makes it look like accidental signal crossover. If they instead chose to broadcast any other type of signal to the other team, then they would reveal it is intentional.

Why bother investigating? Just fine them for having non working equipment. What is there to investigate?

They are compulsive cheaters but aren't ever going to caught with anything more than circumstantial evidence until some day the lackeys who executed the cheating start owning up.

May as well just hammer them with black and white rules. The headsets you are responsible didn't work. We are fining you. Fix them. Same goes for everyone else.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. This is the **** that causes laws to be written...because some other jackass !@#$ed up. Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Why bother investigating? Just fine them for having non working equipment. What is there to investigate?

They are compulsive cheaters but aren't ever going to caught with anything more than circumstantial evidence until some day the lackeys who executed the cheating start owning up.

May as well just hammer them with black and white rules. The headsets you are responsible didn't work. We are fining you. Fix them. Same goes for everyone else.

A fine would make sense.

Make it a progressive fine getting steeper each time with each offense.

Make it cost prohibitive on them. Roger needs to send out his league wide notices of this new policy right away.

Also, why would a multi-billion dollar operation this dependent on the live deployment of broadcast technology and communications NOT have, like, military-grade comms? Why would they not have the best in the business?

Because I'm sure like the military, they all go out to bid and get the just above crap edition.

A fine would make sense.

Make it a progressive fine getting steeper each time with each offense.

Make it cost prohibitive on them. Roger needs to send out his league wide notices of this new policy right away.

Or, don't just make it a fine that increases, make it a fine towards the salary cap. I know the owners would never sign off on that but these teams can afford any fine thrown at them and would be a drop in the pool.

Also, why would a multi-billion dollar operation this dependent on the live deployment of broadcast technology and communications NOT have, like, military-grade comms? Why would they not have the best in the business?

I thought the deadspin article mentioned they use military grade encryption. The problem isn't the wireless in my estimation, it is the signal being routed to where it shouldn't be, via interconnecting wired equipment. Accidental or otherwise, they should force the pats to tear out everything and oversee a new system installation. Edited by Slammy Swatkins

I thought the deadspin article mentioned they use military grade encryption. The problem isn't the wireless in my estimation, it is the signal being routed to where it shouldn't be, via interconnecting wired equipment. Accidental or otherwise, they should force the pats to tear out everything and oversee a new system installation.

Everyone needs to read the Deadspin article before reaching any conclusions. Seerioulsy excellent piece.

Details are spot on.

If the Owners dont revolt against Krafty soon i will be surprised.

Patriots organization just said FU Roger. what yu got anyways? Nuthin. that what i thought beyotch.

Flagrant arrogance. they will all burn in hell but dont seem to care.

Roger is now useless unless the owners are behind him as a majority. and i think its coming. The NFL is going to be forced to change.

btw how can teams have communication problems this often when its a game breaker/ changer?

Why is this even an issue still?

There is likely more under this big ole mossy rock called the NFL than just worms and a cockaroach or two. there is someones dead uncle

I remember being at that game and seeing a transformer light up. Then the stadium juice went zap. Then it was like a high school football game where you can't hear crap or tell what the refs are really doing. I think that was the same year Brady broke his leg and everyone in the section where I was sitting was celebrating.

It was a different game. The Brady injury game I was at too. People in my section laughed because it was eerily similar to the Woolfork/JP knee assassination a year or two earlier, or at least that's what I was laughing at. The power outage game I remember watching on TV.

@AlbertBreer: NFL spokesman says Steelers headset issue found to be "entirely attributable to an electrical issue made worse by the inclement weather."

Also, the Ideal Gas Law

An electrical issue that apparently happens no matter what week it is in the NFL for the past 10 years. You would think Doctor Nick from the Simpson is there personal electrician.

these multi million dollar stadiums unable to handle the demands of an NFL game....NFL is in charge of headsets, right next to the footballs.....they are looking into it and if they find the patriots acted on this then the patriots will take them to court.....the NFL has no rule enforcer and patriots know it and more teams will follow suit

An electrical issue that apparently happens no matter what week it is in the NFL for the past 10 years. You would think Doctor Nick from the Simpson is there personal electrician.

But you can't prove it unless you use the exact same electrical meter to measure the current each time, and write it down. And even then, Maxwell's Equations prove you wrong.