Pats are ruining love of NFL

Cal Bill's Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who bothers me most about the Patriots?

Robert Kraft.

That smug bastard walks around like nothing has happened and routinely champions himself as the voice of reason in NFL disputes. There has never been a single moment of public admission or realization of any kind that his organization has done things that set the game and the NFL brand back.

The buck stops with him.

I totally agree. but I think it is a sign of the times. cheating is ok as long as you are the winner. doesn't even matter if you get caught as long as you get away with it. "too big to fail" happens all the time in everyday life.

I don't know ... the Pats (hate to admit it) looked really, really good last night. Didn't miss a beat from the Super Bowl. Chandler was a good pick up. They execute almost flawlessly. Must be nice to have a franchise QB ... everything else falls in place.

They looked OK on O. Didn't run as successfully as I believe they'd like to. Brady was compensating successfully for some problems on OL. Problem is, the Steeler's D looked awful and I don't think it's just the Pats being good - they looked pretty bad in preseason.

Their D looked exploitable. Nothing flawless there. The Steelers were sloppy on O IMHO.

The tenor of most of the posts on this topic is embarrassing. The level of excuse making for the historical failure of this dismal franchise is not only pathetic, it is sad. There is no doubt that the Pats under Belichek have pushed the envelope. But to believe that is why they are the most successful franchise in the challenging cap era is a delusional absurdity.

So i guess a team that has won 6 mostly clean (riods before roids were banned) Super Bowls is PISSED. Guess they are a pathetic franchise as well.?????

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--steelers-irate-that-nfl-didn-t-force-pats-to-turn-off-headsets-amid-pittsburgh-s-own-radio-issues-065304894.html

what does it take for you , Weo and Watkins to understand that this is an attitude shared by all sports fans, not just Bills fans and not just football fans.. They do not like the appearance of the games being tilted, and the amount of evidence from spygate, to deflater, to phone being destroyed and lied about, , headsets malfunctioning all the time is so overwhelming it can only point to one conclusion.

For the life of me, i have no idea how pathetic it must be for Pats fans to troll this board...but god bless ya...hope it makes your day.

I always thought the whole spygate thing was overblown, but after the Brady suspension being overturned, the ESPN outside the lines stuff, and now in the opening game of the season for the NFL, somehow the Steelers headsets get the Patriots radio feed instead of coach to coach communication??

That is just a big FU to Goodell, the other teams, the owners, and the fanbases of every team except for the Pats.

Well said & also true. Have seen too many mysterious happenings in NE. Of course the answer is for the home teams to respond in similar fashion when the Pats are visiting.

Disagree. That just potentially taints the other teams and gives the Pats*** the "out" of saying "we didn't pull those shenanigans but if we did, see, everyone does that stuff"

a great villain demands a great hero.. :thumbsup:

article-bills-0111.jpg

I hope!

i've said similar things. other teams that win aren't hated, sure there might be some dislike but not the level of hatred the pats have garnered. i still don't understand why the announcers don't reflect that opinion a bit more often.

Well to start the network guys are all card carrying brady and bellicheck ballwashers. They are the champs. secondly if they did dump on the team they would lose precious access, but worse their network bosses will not allow that type of opinions they (the announcers) are simply mouthpieces.

IMO

They knew they had a sort-of "double jeopardy" immunity after all of the press around deflategate and their history of cheating. Who would actually think they had the ballz to do it again in the first game of the NFL season under a national spotlight? And if they did, what's the league going to do about it....put another nail in their own coffin? They were both trolling Goodell and gaining an edge with this latest stunt. Essentially, they trolled every fan of the NFL.

The owners will soon start to see an erosion of the business if the Pats run the table this year courtesy of blown calls in their favor and tech glitches. I cannot teach my sons to l love a game that has an unfairness and corrupt feel to it.

I cannot stand the sight of Brady/Kraft/Bellichick...they are not villains, that implies that they have a place in the game with heroes. These guys have no honor. They are the lowest form of competitor and I hope titles eventually get stripped when people really start talking from inside.

Well said. I agree.

If it wasn't for my love of the Bills I would be done with the NFL.

That's where I'm at. I watch the Bills religiously but outside of that I'll watch an NFL game if I've got nothing better to do.

It's never going to happen but you want the league and the networks to pay attention to how pissed the fans are about the Pats stop watching when they're on. If you're listening to ESPN or Fox Sports Radio when they start talking Pats change the station. I didn't watch last night but reading the comments here it sounds like Al Michaels was laying it on pretty thck for the Pats. So unless you like having smoke blown up your ass you can sit like zombies and let shills like Michaels insult your intelligence or you can actually do something about it by not watching.

I get the feeling that the Patriots are ruining love of the NFL so much, that most fans are going to go out of their way to watch and discuss at length, EVERY Patriots game this season.

That's where I'm at. I watch the Bills religiously but outside of that I'll watch an NFL game if I've got nothing better to do.

It's never going to happen but you want the league and the networks to pay attention to how pissed the fans are about the Pats stop watching when they're on. If you're listening to ESPN or Fox Sports Radio when they start talking Pats change the station. I didn't watch last night but reading the comments here it sounds like Al Michaels was laying it on pretty thck for the Pats. So unless you like having smoke blown up your ass you can sit like zombies and let shills like Michaels insult your intelligence or you can actually do something about it by not watching.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I get the feeling that the Patriots are ruining love of the NFL so much, that most fans are going to go out of their way to watch and discuss at length, EVERY Patriots game this season.

What a shock that to you up is down and down is up and the Pats* are the reason for everything good in the world.

Some people talk about teams having a built-in excuse for losing to the Pats, it works the other way too. Imagine the cries of foul if the Pats start losing a few games or if Brady gets injured? Then you are going to hear howls of NFL conspiracy!

I imagine Brady getting hurt every time I see his arrogant face.

Nah, only Pats* fans like yourself will watch all of their games. The rest of the league's fans will only watch when the Pats* are a) Playing against their favorite team or b) Playing in the only game on television at the time.

What a shock that to you up is down and down is up and the Pats* are the reason for everything good in the world.

Nope.

It's just that people are so emotionally involved with what the Patriots, yet they claim it's ruining their "love" for the NFL. Perhaps, but while they may be losing their love, they are becoming even more passionately involved (and they aren't turning off the the TV, or avoiding click bait on he subject).

People "love to hate", maybe even more than they "love to love".

Nah, only Pats* fans like yourself will watch all of their games. The rest of the league's fans will only watch when the Pats* are a) Playing against their favorite team or b) Playing in the only game on television at the time.

You're dreaming.

Ratings for the Patriots will be huge, and their games will be featured on national TV prominently (because the networks are driven by ratings...people will want to watch them).

The next logical step in all this drama, is for another organization to try to frame the Patriots.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Nope.

It's just that people are so emotionally involved with what the Patriots, yet they claim it's ruining their "love" for the NFL. Perhaps, but while they may be losing their love, they are becoming even more passionately involved (and they aren't turning off the the TV, or avoiding click bait on he subject).

People "love to hate", maybe even more than they "love to love".

You're dreaming.

Ratings for the Patriots will be huge, and their games will be featured on national TV prominently (because the networks are driven by ratings...people will want to watch them).

Sounds like category b to me. If there is any option other than the Pats* I promise it is what I'll be watching instead.

Could just be me...but I don't want to hear that at the Ralph, by a LOT! If we're winning, I want to hear fans love on our Bills, and if we're losing, I want to hear fans support our Bills.

Beating a cheater and not letting them get to you is the most gratifying.

The Bills D line is going to crush Brady. I'm sure the Pats will try to run a lot and work the screen game. The Bills should be ready for that. I see Robey and our safeties playing a big role.

The other thing about the Pats is that they are such arrogant jerks that taunt the other team every time they make a play. It's sickening. Ew.

this is why I hated them since the Brady era. Then you add the cheating on top of it. They cheat, and are arrogant. You'd think if you were not winning fairly you would not be arrogant/in your face about it.

this is why I hated them since the Brady era. Then you add the cheating on top of it. They cheat, and are arrogant. You'd think if you were not winning fairly you would not be arrogant/in your face about it.

I think this kind of nails it. It's incredibly frustrating to watch because both Brady and Belichick are truly great so you have to appreciate that, BUT they are both annoyingly arrogant, AND they cheat.

This takes the award for the stupidest comment in this thread. :lol: :lol:

I stand by it.

It looks like every game is going to be scrutinized, and every beaten team will make accusations. The owners hate them, the commissioner hates them, other coaches and players hate them, and fans hate them. Another "scandal" is want the mob wants, and if they can't find one, they will create one.

They don't cheat, they were FRAMED!

I didn't say that. I believe they have cheated, and neither "Spy-gate" or "Deflate-gate" were frame ups. Don't twist my words.

I stand by it.

It looks like every game is going to be scrutinized, and every beaten team will make accusations. The owners hate them, the commissioner hates them, other coaches and players hate them, and fans hate them. Another "scandal" is want the mob wants, and if they can't find one, they will create one.

And what happens when the Bills beat them? They will cry to the media that the NFL is rigging games against them, whaaaaa. Built in excuse.

I stand by it.

They haven't needed to create one, yet...

And what happens when the Bills beat them? They will cry to the media that the NFL is rigging games against them, whaaaaa. Built in excuse.

I don't think so. However, it could get interesting if Brady gets injured.

I stand by it.

I didn't say that. I believe they have cheated, and neither "Spy-gate" or "Deflate-gate" were frame ups. Don't twist my words.

You're embarrassing yourself in this thread. :lol: