Matt Cassel re-signed, will be #2 QB

YoloinOhio

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, didn't he also get a half million bonus when he originally signed with us?

Yeah...not bad.

EDIT: Man, that's why you cannot make fun of the career that some of these guys (Cassell, Fitzy) have had...there is no joke in making 30-40 million Dollars in an NFL career.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

So predictable no one predicted it, not even Carucci.

Umm, I believe someone mentioned this in the Cassel thread about 7 am today...oh yea, it was ME( smiley face). LOL

I thought they had to wait until next week, and that Matt might not want to come back...but I did mention as a possibility.

I could go all OC and claim how freakin smart I am....

Very good move. I had seen that Chenelly tweet and posted here about it that they may sign him back for a lesser price not that long after he was released. That dude is very tuned in to Bills moves and although he doesn't tweet all that much, anyone who is into Twitter should follow him. There was also no way they were keeping five TE and the likelihood of getting OLeary to PS increased (not that anyone would likely add him to 53 but they already have their PS full.)

im surprised cassel was into it - but i guess they probably gave him an offer, told him he could test FA and no one gave him a better situation.

im not anti-cassel, was just anti-$5m-third-stringer.

me 2

BTW, didn't he also get a half million bonus when he originally signed with us?

Yeah...not bad.

EDIT: Man, that's why you cannot make fun of the career that some of these guys (Cassell, Fitzy) have had...there is no joke in making 30-40 million Dollars in an NFL career.

Spoken for truth.

It wasn't guaranteed he would be back, they had to outbid Houston.

@viccarucci: Hearing #Bills offered a better deal to Matt Cassel than #Texans w bonus structure that could potentially recoup most of lost pay.

The question now is, who is 2nd to Taylor on Sunday?

No...we traded for him.

...Right, stupid of me. Thank you Bandit.

BTW: Along with my post from above, Fitzy has made $38 million (including this year) in his career and is probably good for at least another couple of years.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/ryan-fitzpatrick/cash-earnings/

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

@viccarucci: Hearing #Bills offered a better deal to Matt Cassel than #Texans w bonus structure that could potentially recoup most of lost pay.

if he ends up our game day starter, i have no problem paying him. hopefully that doesnt happen though.

I am not sure on league contract rules---but why couldn't they have just restructured the contract into these terms instead of cutting him?

I get wanting to restructure the salary into incentives based on game play

likely to give him the chance to shop himself. we gave him what was likely a tough pill to swallow, but when no better alternatives came -- he ended up going for it.

The way I see it, if TT gets hurt during the game you bring in Cassel as the closer. If TT is out the next week you prepare EJ as the starter (unless Cassel lights it up).