Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitler learns of Fred being cut. (Captioning NSFW - language)

http://captiongenerator.com/57177/Hitler-Finds-Out-The-Bills-Cut-Fred-Jackson

I've seen about 1,000 of these. This one is pretty good!

For those that aren't familiar with this scene, it is from the German film "Der Untergang" and was marketed in the USA under the title "DOWNFALL".

It is one heck of a good movie worth watching.

For those that aren't familiar with this scene, it is from the German film "Der Untergang" and was marketed in the USA under the title "DOWNFALL".

Actually might be the best one yet.

Once he was cut by the Bills, I could not care less what team he signed with or how that team does.

Couldn't agree more. The reaction to him getting cut is absolutely ridiculous. 34 year old back with one one thousand yard season and no playoff appearances in ten years. Not to mention all the good things that have happened this offseason alone like hiring Rex and probably more importantly getting Roman. Getting Shady and Charles Clay. Fixing the miserable guard situation. Getting QB play that has exceeded expectations by far. Having an offensive line coach who actually knows how to teach guys to block not to mention an owner who will spend any amount to give this team the resources its needs across the board to get a championship. Let's also not forget that we aren't part of the LA conversation as this team is going nowhere for the next fifty years. And I'm supposed to be pouting like a #@$%$# five year old cause Fred got cut. The glass isn't even half full for some of you. It's shattered and your on your way to the ER with a severed artery and about five minutes to live. Get a friggin grip.

Yes, yes, and yes. Bruno Ganz is a terrific actor.

Do all you guys criticizing fans for being upset because Fred "wasn't that good" understand WHY people like him? They don't like him because he was born with Bo Jackson's ridiculous power/speed combo or Barry Sanders elusiveness. He wasn't an amazing athlete that dazzled fans with his talent. That wasn't the attraction.

They love him because he's an everyman who made himself into a guy who competed with and won jobs from guys who were brought in to be better. To take his job. For years the Bills were infatuated with drafting RBs high in the draft. They kept brining in first round guys and Jackson kept sending them packing. How? Hard work, perseverance, determination. Every ounce of his being was put into making himself a better player than the high profile picks. He became a back who could, literally, do it all. He rounded out his game in a way that superstar guys rarely do.

What Fred Jackson did transcends sports, he became a guy every human being could look at and admire because he's who we all aspire to be. He made himself the best he could possibly be. He couldn't compete with any of those guys athletically, but he did everything else in his power to hold onto his dream of being an NFL running back.

If you don't admire a guy like Fred and root for him no matter the jersey then you're not a human being I'd care to know.

Do all you guys criticizing fans for being upset because Fred "wasn't that good" understand WHY people like him? They don't like him because he was born with Bo Jackson's ridiculous power/speed combo or Barry Sanders elusiveness. He wasn't an amazing athlete that dazzled fans with his talent. That wasn't the attraction.

They love him because he's an everyman who made himself into a guy who competed with and won jobs from guys who were brought in to be better. To take his job. For years the Bills were infatuated with drafting RBs high in the draft. They kept brining in first round guys and Jackson kept sending them packing. How? Hard work, perseverance, determination. Every ounce of his being was put into making himself a better player than the high profile picks. He became a back who could, literally, do it all. He rounded out his game in a way that superstar guys rarely do.

What Fred Jackson did transcends sports, he became a guy every human being could look at and admire because he's who we all aspire to be. He made himself the best he could possibly be. He couldn't compete with any of those guys athletically, but he did everything else in his power to hold onto his dream of being an NFL running back.

If you don't admire a guy like Fred and root for him no matter the jersey then you're not a human being I'd care to know.

Do you understand that virtually no one thinks differently? I think everyone agrees with that. That doesn't mean there isn't a time when he is no longer effective and worth a roster spot considering 20 different factors. It's debatable whether that time has arrived or not.

Do you understand that virtually no one thinks differently? I think everyone agrees with that. That doesn't mean there isn't a time when he is no longer effective and worth a roster spot considering 20 different factors. It's debatable whether that time has arrived or not.

How effective is is currently has no bearing on what I'm talking about. And yeah, there are plenty of people in this very thread who obviously do think differently. I'm referring to the people who are basically mocking others that expressing their displeasure or are simply upset about Freddie not being a Bill any longer.

it is Belichikian, I agree. He always would rather move on a year too early rather than a year too late. He will have no issue cutting Brady when the time comes. Edited by YoloinOhio

How effective is is currently has no bearing on what I'm talking about. And yeah, there are plenty of people in this very thread who obviously do think differently. I'm referring to the people who are basically mocking others that expressing their displeasure or are simply upset about Freddie not being a Bill any longer.

But even if they are doing what you just said, I think that they agree with your core premise.

The fact that the Bills cut him doesn't bother me doest mean I don't admire him and quiet frankly I could care less that you don't want to know me. Love the dramatic touch BTW. 'Your not a human being Id care to know'. Sorry dude but Im not an ax murder or child molester because the Bills cutting fred hasnt motivated me to chastize management and disown the team. I love Fred as a person first. He is the model of class. He's done great things in the community. The Bills feel the right move is to go with younger players at that position. Don't see the need for the drama that has followed this decision. To many good things have happened this offseason and the play of Tyrod makes me think we could be on the verge of something special. Not Gonna let the release of one player(granted a very popular one amongst the fans) ruin that.

Couldn't agree more. The reaction to him getting cut is absolutely ridiculous. 34 year old back with one one thousand yard season and no playoff appearances in ten years. Not to mention all the good things that have happened this offseason alone like hiring Rex and probably more importantly getting Roman. Getting Shady and Charles Clay. Fixing the miserable guard situation. Getting QB play that has exceeded expectations by far. Having an offensive line coach who actually knows how to teach guys to block not to mention an owner who will spend any amount to give this team the resources its needs across the board to get a championship. Let's also not forget that we aren't part of the LA conversation as this team is going nowhere for the next fifty years. And I'm supposed to be pouting like a #@$%$# five year old cause Fred got cut. The glass isn't even half full for some of you. It's shattered and your on your way to the ER with a severed artery and about five minutes to live. Get a friggin grip.

How old are you newb?

It's better than good -it's great. Performance for the ages by Ganz.

I mostly root for laundry, but there are a few players that I have grown to like and root for (I assume most nfl players are borderline sociopaths and wouldn't want to know them). Fred is one of the few, and it takes a tin ear to think that cutting him can be pawned off as "part of the biz" of football. He is beloved in Buffalo, far more than Thomas, Reed, and Smith were when they were cut (none of whom were lovable). Also, the Bills didn't have to do it. He is likely still a better player than both Dixon (who had a significant injury, btw!) and the guy the head coach dogged publicly all spring (Brown). Basically, I see no downside to keeping him. None. Throw the fans a bone, for chrissake. The Bills weren't going to lose more games with Jackson on the roster, and they aren't going to win more with Dixon and/or Brown.

It's done, of course, and it's time to move on. But it was a stupid move. The apologists for the brain trust will surely rationalize away, but I have little interest in their views on this issue.

Edited by dave mcbride

What he said.

fred taking physical according toRapport. he calls Lynch/Fred possibly the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.

To be fair, marshawn and you might be a top 10 pair.

For Fred's sake this is where we hope he passes and doesn't have any lingering issues.

Edited by NoSaint

Most intelligent response I've read in a long time in this Bills Forum. Thank You.

Edited by R2ITRich

said the 13 post "fan"

this! :worthy:

Edited by CSBill

Amen brother, well said indeed.

I mostly root for laundry, but there are a few players that I have grown to like and root for (I assume most nfl players are borderline sociopaths and wouldn't want to know them). Fred is one of the few, and it takes a tin ear to think that cutting him can be pawned off as "part of the biz" of football. He is beloved in Buffalo, far more than Thomas, Reed, and Smith were when they were cut (none of whom were lovable). Also, the Bills didn't have to do it. He is likely still a better player than both Dixon (who had a significant injury, btw!) and the guy the head coach dogged publicly all spring (Brown). Basically, I see no downside to keeping him. None. Throw the fans a bone, for chrissake. The Bills weren't going to lose more games with Jackson on the roster, and they aren't going to win more with Dixon and/or Brown.

It's done, of course, and it's time to move on. But it was a stupid move. The apologists for the brain trust will surely rationalize away, but I have little interest in their views on this issue.

I understand all that and agree, but that is not what we were talking about here. I was saying that even the people who are saying he wasn't any good anymore or who needs him or he was the fifth best guy we have ALL still also agree that he is a great guy and tremendous story and great ambassador for the Bills.

:beer:

The word from Seattle (as of this moment....sports news hasn't come on yet)...Pete Carroll still insisting it's a visit, not a signing. They have salary cap issues, and I wonder what they'll offer Fred, IF they make an offer. And interestingly enough, or perhaps not, the Seahawk fan base isn't particularly excited - of course most of them are so new to football they never heard of Fred before today and don't know Lynch came here from Buffalo.

So it's not a done deal. I hate the Seahawks and root for them to lose, it would be hard if Fred were part of the team.

Eloquently put. Thank you.

Eloquence!

YES!

Couple of fantastic takes on Fred from dave and MDH

Don't become Fredderall! Hate the Seahawks.

I'm with you. Well put!

I never thought I'd say this but...I agree with Hitler.

Me too.

I get it. Almost every Bills fan loved Fred. He was one of my favorites through a decade of yuck. But the bleeding hearts already...stop. Nobody is bigger than what's best for the team. Some have said they hope he wins the SB this year if he goes to Seattle? Why? I wish him well, but I'm always for the Buffalo Bills to win. For the fans, for the region, for the team. Good luck Fred. Thanks for your efforts. Now let's go Buffalo!! We want the Superbowl!