I suspect that some kind of trade(s) are going to happen.

Tipster19

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see trading a 5th or 6th receiver for O-line depth or some thing like that

I brought this up in another thread--I see Buffalo trading their depth at some positions that could be cut for players at other positions where they need depth.

There depth positions are at WR and RB. Goodwin and Bryce Brown could return something of value beyond a project player or a 5th-7th draft pick.

Green Bay might be an interesting trade partner. We have a wealth of WR's, and they certainly have a need there. I am intrigued as hell with Brett Hundley who supposedly is having a great preseason and is likely to be released.

Trade Hogan or Goodwin for Hundley and release cass-smell and his 4.5 million dollar cap hit.

Green Bay might be an interesting trade partner. We have a wealth of WR's, and they certainly have a need there. I am intrigued as hell with Brett Hundley who supposedly is having a great preseason and is likely to be released.

Trade Hogan or Goodwin for Hundley and release cass-smell and his 4.5 million dollar cap hit.

So, according to you, the Pack drafts Hundley, he plays well, and he is likely to be released.

Something isnt adding up here.

So, according to you, the Pack drafts Hundley, he plays well, and he is likely to be released.

Something isnt adding up here.

He's still behind Tolzien and Blanchard on the depth chart, but reports are that he has progressed really well in camp and looked really good vs the Patriots 3rd and 4th stringers.

The "consensus opinion" is that the Packers will release him and try to stash him on the practice squad. A lot of folks don't think he will clear waivers. Just a thought...

Hogan barely played when EJ was in the game in the first four. Mike Williams started those four games and then there was Watkins and Woods ahead of Hogan. The same week that Marrone turned to Orton, MW got in the Doughouse and was rarely heard from again.

That was partly due to Orton; he made comment that Mike Williams was not willing to put in the extra reps with him. Evidently before change Hogan and Orton were doing extra reps and they continued when he was starter.

That was partly due to Orton; he made comment that Mike Williams was not willing to put in the extra reps with him. Evidently before change Hogan and Orton were doing extra reps and they continued when he was starter.

wow...it seems like 10 years ago that Mike Williams vs Marrone was a thing

wow...it seems like 10 years ago that Mike Williams vs Marrone was a thing

Mike Williams appeared to drop from sight after that. He was not picked up after cut in Buffalo despite many saying he was poorly used by Marrone and I have not even heard from him in any camp.

Wait...what? Are we discussing whether or not players likely to be cut are tradeable?

Uh...no? Because pretty much everyone knows they'll be cut, and will pick them up off waivers rather than trade for them?

And no you can not just pick them up off waivers if someone else with higher priority claims them; even idiots know that.

I could see Bryce Brown, Deonte Thompson, Goodwin and Hogan being "dangled" in trade offers. Coaches have a pretty good idea at this point who is going to make the team. Why not try to get something for them now?

Why wouldn't other teams just wait until they were released? Well, as other posters have eluded to, these players would have to be awarded to teams through waivers. No guarantees. I could see some trades happening.

I wouldnt get rid of Deonte Thompson just yet. I didnt know this about him:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25282268/finding-the-next-antonio-brown-5-unheralded-wrs-who-could-be-gems-in-2015

Deonte Thompson, Buffalo Bills

You're a wide receiver, and you're trying to make a Bills team that includes Sammy Watkins,Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay and has ground-game advocate Greg Roman as an offensive coordinator?

Good luck.

But with some of the Bills receivers getting dinged during training camp, Thompson has sky-rocketed up the wideout pecking order, practiced with the first-team offense often and has made the most of the opportunity in front of him in preseason games.

He's a super interesting story -- he was a four-star recruit out of high school, and Rivals actually had him one spot ahead of -- you ready? -- Dez Bryant in the receiver rankings in 2007.

Thompson went to Glades Central High School in Florida -- the same high school as Fred Taylor, Santonio Holmes, Ray McDonald and Kelvin Benjamin.

He played -- and contributed -- for four years at the University of Florida and was on the Tim Tebow-led 2008 national title team, a group loaded with future NFL stars.

After Tebow left, the Gators quarterback situation was disastrous, which definitely didn't help Thompson's NFL prospects, but he was the team's leading WR in 2010.

He wasn't invited to the NFL Scouting Combine yet clocked a blistering 4.31 in the 40-yard dash at his pro day.

Yes, colleges "help" their prospects during pro day workouts, but 4.31 is really moving.

Thompson was with the Ravens for the past three seasons.

He caught a 50-yard touchdown pass from EJ Manuel in the Bills' preseason opener and did this to Browns veteran cornerback Aaron Ross during the teams' joint practice just outside Rochester, N.Y. last week.

Against the Browns in week No. 2 of the preseason, the former Gator had two catches for 35 yards.

Right now, Thompson looks close to being a "lock" to make Buffalo's final roster and is a quasi-journey man -- only 26 years old -- to keep in the back of your mind this season.

Edited by Protocal69