I suspect that some kind of trade(s) are going to happen.

Tipster19

Who needs to and why would one " hide behind a computer" when commenting on hyperbole and homerism at it's finest. Chill, your comments are humorous to say the least.[/quote

Just because you dont agree with them. Yes, people who insult others at the computer/iphone etc are very weak. That said it seems you need to. Come have a beer with me at the game saturday if your there...you will find I am a very nice person and understand the game backwards and forwards, For the record, my families senority for season tix is 318 weve been around since conception. Now they are mine and hope to keep passing them down. I have been in that stadium since I was 4. Minus a QB , this team is more stacked than our super bowl years from a top to bottom standpoint. Lets not argue jts silly...just do me the favor and go through the pats roster in its entirity and convince me theres is better than ours fair enough? Sure they have Gronk, Brady, Wilfork (aging) but after that they are thin. Our receivers should turn their corners inside out.

Here's something of interest. The NFL players that you listed are all from Belle Glade, Fl. They are known for sugar cane fields which they burn in the Fall. The young guys chase the rabbits that come running out of the smoke filled fields. That is how they develope their speed, quickness etc etc. This is no joke, google it if you don't believe me. It is amazing, they develope a whole new ligament or something in their ankles. It's crazy but true. I lived in Florida for quite some time and knew of this but I didn't realize that Thompson was from there as well. Very interesting to say the least.

Wow who knew?
Edited by billsfan_34

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect much trade action or much of a return should a trade happen. Come last day of cutdowns, when teams cut from 75 to 53 players, 704 players will be released and available to teams for free. This will come at a time when teams will have had to cut many roster worthy players in order to arrive at their top 53. IOW, the market will be flush with quality caliber players which, teams currently realize.

excellent question, which has been answered in every 5th post in this thread already.

Because team B has10 great lineman, and plans on keeping 9, but they only have 2 NFL caliber RBs. It makes sense that a trade is made, therefore guaranteeing both teams get their guy, and don't have to deal with the free for all that happens after the cuts to 53

Because team B has10 great lineman, and plans on keeping 9, but they only have 2 NFL caliber RBs. It makes sense that a trade is made, therefore guaranteeing both teams get their guy, and don't have to deal with the free for all that happens after the cuts to 53

Talking marginal player for marginal player. How do I know the marginal player I'm getting is a lock to make the squad? If I don't why bother with so much going on and the demands evaluating the 70+ guys you've had in your own camp? Exeptions to everything of course but we're taking low odds stuff, and even if it happens its mostly uneventful

Talking marginal player for marginal player. How do I know the marginal player I'm getting is a lock to make the squad? If I don't why bother with so much going on and the demands evaluating the 70+ guys you've had in your own camp? Exeptions to everything of course but we're taking low odds stuff, and even if it happens its mostly uneventful

Yep like Sheppard for Hughes.

What players specifically do you think won't make the roster but have some value in a trade? Bryce Brown? Goodwin? What teams are willing to trade a 7th rounder for those players? What teams have a half way decent backup tackle they are will to part with to get their hands on those players? I just don't see teams hounding the Bills for players the team is considering cutting. Why not just wait till the Bills cut the player and why wouldn't the Bills do the same for a player on another team

I understand what your saying but I read the other day that this stuff happens a lot between teams starting around 1st cut time so they dont have to compete with the other teams for certain players that would most likely be cut for the 53.

Edited by Tsaikotic

while it tends to be uneventful, its yielded us hughes, as well as thad who started a number of games that season, at what amounted to no expense to the bills by offering up future goners.

im not holding my breathe on a trade, and i wont celebrate something like this as a gamechanger, but i certainly wont complain if they use a future cut to get a guy they want and get him into camp a few days early.

Talk about overvaluing players. Let's face it, whatever WRs fail to make the team were at best the 7th best player at the position for the Bills. So If they are the 7th or 8th best option for Buffalo, what are they going to be for another team? At best, probably #4. What would you give up for a #4 WR? I'm probably not trading anything, I'll pick someone up off waivers.

The same goes for RB. If the Bills look to trade their #5 RB, they would be at best #3, maybe a#2 RB on their new team. Starting RBs don't have much value, what does a #3 RB?

The point is that if you have depth at a position, trading the one that falls outside the 53 man roster returns almost nothing. Stop overvaluing the Bills guys and be realistic in what could come in a trade.

To be fair it depends doesn't it? Are you trading for a guy who you think has the potential to be more in time? Also at receiver where the Bills are deep they might trade a guy who would otherwise make the team say Hogan or Goodwin if they thought they could get in a return a back up o-line guy. Because to the Bills Hogan or Goodwin are arguably expendable because you have Thompson or Davis.

They are trying to drump up interest in Thompson based on Rex's comments.

Makes no difference. It's still allegedly marginal player for marginal player.

Yeah but when you are ending camp teams know you are likely to cut a player you are looking to trade. Before the off-season activities begin you aren't so sure since teams are willing to bring players into camp to see how they respond. So similar but not the same circumstances.

I hope we keep 6 WR's. I just don't see Harvin on the team next year. The 2nd year $$ is ridiculous for a part time, gadget guy. Nothing in his dosier suggests longevity to be trusted. Other than WR, I don't see any team being interested in trading for anybody else we may not keep.

jmo

I hope we keep 6 WR's. I just don't see Harvin on the team next year. The 2nd year $$ is ridiculous for a part time, gadget guy. Nothing in his dosier suggests longevity to be trusted. Other than WR, I don't see any team being interested in trading for anybody else we may not keep.

jmo

Next year is next year 81. Harvin surely has some loyalty, as might Richie who is on a one year prove it deal.

But honestly i dont see much to trade this year.

Make the cut downs and let it ride

Who needs to and why would one " hide behind a computer" when commenting on hyperbole and homerism at it's finest. Chill, your comments are humorous to say the least.[/quote

Just because you dont agree with them. Yes, people who insult others at the computer/iphone etc are very weak. That said it seems you need to. Come have a beer with me at the game saturday if your there...you will find I am a very nice person and understand the game backwards and forwards, For the record, my families senority for season tix is 318 weve been around since conception. Now they are mine and hope to keep passing them down. I have been in that stadium since I was 4. Minus a QB , this team is more stacked than our super bowl years from a top to bottom standpoint. Lets not argue jts silly...just do me the favor and go through the pats roster in its entirity and convince me theres is better than ours fair enough? Sure they have Gronk, Brady, Wilfork (aging) but after that they are thin. Our receivers should turn their corners inside out.

Wow who knew?

I came off as insulting but it wasn't my intention. I got a kick out of your depth comments.I thought it was over the top. But I do disagree on depth In some areas yes we have depth. In some areas (o-line, dbacks should mcClovin miss time, dare i say QB's) no we are paper thin. if,Clay Goes down add TE's to my list. I would love to have a beer but will not be at that game. BUT for the pats*** if you can get in the jim kelly club go over at section 209. The box right there is the Sabres. If you have kids they always oblige. Pics, signing the whole deal great for kids. usually pre game though. Get the kids some autogrpahs why we have a beer at the bar. before we kick the pats*** ass.