I suspect that some kind of trade(s) are going to happen.

Tipster19

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What players specifically do you think won't make the roster but have some value in a trade? Bryce Brown? Goodwin? What teams are willing to trade a 7th rounder for those players? What teams have a half way decent backup tackle they are will to part with to get their hands on those players? I just don't see teams hounding the Bills for players the team is considering cutting. Why not just wait till the Bills cut the player and why wouldn't the Bills do the same for a player on another team

What players specifically do you think won't make the roster but have some value in a trade? Bryce Brown? Goodwin? What teams are willing to trade a 7th rounder for those players? What teams have a half way decent backup tackle they are will to part with to get their hands on those players? I just don't see teams hounding the Bills for players the team is considering cutting. Why not just wait till the Bills cut the player and why wouldn't the Bills do the same for a player on another team

D. Thompson

because then you have to wait and see if they get cut, and then deal with waivers/competing with other teams.

you see a little of it, but not a ton. even if the guy you trade for goes nowhere, if you are trading a future cut, no big deal. i used the chris white for thad example. none of us wouldve circled either player as a target, but...

The only reason I can think of is exclusivity. You trade for a player now, you don't have to compete for him later. Of course that depends on existing contract(years left/salary). It may be a better deal to trade for a guy you know the Bills are going to cut now, and keep the current deal, rather than having to compete, outbid--> overpay later.

But, other than that, you're right.

Just the tip?

How was I supposed to know you're lactose intolerant?

I could see Bryce Brown, Deonte Thompson, Goodwin and Hogan being "dangled" in trade offers. Coaches have a pretty good idea at this point who is going to make the team. Why not try to get something for them now?

Why wouldn't other teams just wait until they were released? Well, as other posters have eluded to, these players would have to be awarded to teams through waivers. No guarantees. I could see some trades happening.

Hogan could be one, maybe even EJ. They seem to have chemistry, maybe a package. I really don't know, it's just hypothetical. An example, a 3 team trade involving Cleveland, Dallas and Buffalo. Players involved like Hogan, Manuel, Manziel, Gilbert and possible OL and draft picks from Dallas. Who knows but there is talent to disperse amongst teams. Why can't we be one of them?

I could see Bryce Brown, Deonte Thompson, Goodwin and Hogan being "dangled" in trade offers. Coaches have a pretty good idea at this point who is going to make the team. Why not try to get something for them now?

Why wouldn't other teams just wait until they were released? Well, as other posters have eluded to, these players would have to be awarded to teams through waivers. No guarantees. I could see some trades happening.

plus you might get an extra few days of practice with them. if we picked up a new LB or 3rd TE, im sure wed want as many reps as possible. if a future cut gives you that opportunity, cool.

Hogan could be one, maybe even EJ. They seem to have chemistry, maybe a package. I really don't know, it's just hypothetical. An example, a 3 team trade involving Cleveland, Dallas and Buffalo. Players involved like Hogan, Manuel, Manziel, Gilbert and possible OL and draft picks from Dallas. Who knows but there is talent to disperse amongst teams. Why can't we be one of them?

Hogan and EJ have a history.

I thought Hogan got better after EJ was benched.

It's a comfort to know that Rex will not allow any more injuries to happen. That completely frees up Doug to get into wheeling and dealing. And what better day to begin than today when good ol' Buddy Nix hisself is in town!

Go ahead Doug, get er dun.

Hogan and EJ have a history.

I thought Hogan got better after EJ was benched.

Hogan barely played when EJ was in the game in the first four. Mike Williams started those four games and then there was Watkins and Woods ahead of Hogan. The same week that Marrone turned to Orton, MW got in the Doughouse and was rarely heard from again.

Hogan barely played when EJ was in the game in the first four. Mike Williams started those four games and then there was Watkins and Woods ahead of Hogan. The same week that Marrone turned to Orton, MW got in the Doughouse and was rarely heard from again.

Thanks and that was my point.