EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point? EJ was in for 2 plays!!! What is the good point?

EJ love really has no boundaries, does it?

I am hoping he is worth more in the trade market than a conditional 7th round pick. I guess the chances are around 50/50.

you too have misconstrued me.

I apologise for that Brother Bill.

I have no ej love no tyrod love.

Just a fan of the team.

I wish them all success.

even Josh Johnson or whatever his name is

Is that the best you got? It's enough that teams don't want to piss it away on nothing, like with Manuel.

When complaining about chump change, I can see it as adequate. $1.6 million is a pittance to an NFL team.

Speaking of pissing away money. How much of the $4.75 million wasted on Cassel along with the two undisclosed draft choices to Minnesota, with an undisclosed draft choice in return from the Vikings did the Bills eat?

LMAO

59.1 % completion ratio - That must be a really thin barn, maybe 5 inches wide? 16 games a bust @ 6-8

63.2 % completion ratio - what a huge difference WRT Tyrod 12 games a hero @ 6-6

If you people don't want to hear or post about the backup then LET IT GO. Believing Tryod is a MAJOR improvement over the backup just isn't true when it comes down to Wins and Losses.

Is TT better than EJ in some areas? Yes, but not all. TT an Elite / Franchise / Savior - far from it.

Great job Nova!! Perry Mason have NOTHING on you. They sour on EJ because he was the 1st rd pick that hasn't led them to the playoffs. What's your retainer fee? Lol

When complaining about chump change, I can see it as adequate. $1.6 million is a pittance to an NFL team.

Speaking of pissing away money. How much of the $4.75 million wasted on Cassel along with the two undisclosed draft choices to Minnesota, with an undisclosed draft choice in return from the Vikings did the Bills eat?

Leave Nova alone while you have a chance!! Cassel was most people on here answer earlier, remember?

Did the Bills pay Cassel anything close to the $4.75 M figure you cite ? I believe the answer is no for a number of reasons .

I swear we all et dumber everytime that certain people chime in on the topic. While there is nothing to support the argument for EJ, (I did the comparison of their last 12 starts earlier in the thread) some people will not go quietly. If they honestly believe that he has a better shot to be a franchise QB than Tyrod does they do not understand football. It is pretty simple. That does not mean that Tyrod will be the franchise guy. I happen to think that he has a pretty good chance but for some reason we are comparing him to a guy that has as much chance of being a franchise QB as I do. It's time to let it go people.

If people from other fan bases were to read this thread they would be laughing at us. It is like a Jets fan now trying to make a case that Geno should play ahead of Fitz. That's all fine and good except NOTHING done on the football field would support that. This is the same case.

That or the .500 record Not advocating ej but halfrod needs to work on getting rid of the ball

.500 record is a team thing, not a QB thing. Not saying he doesn't have things to work on but he gives us the best chance to win in regards to the QB position. Anyone who can't see that needs to watch more football, preferably other teams, so they can get some perspective in regards to QB play.

He'd be going in as a reclamation project and he'd have to earn the #2 spot anywhere he went. Teams might want to take a look at him - and I'm sure some will - but they'd also want to be able to cut ties easily in the likely scenario that he wouldn't work out. $1.616M guaranteed precludes that. And then there's the unlikely event that he turns it around. He'd be a free agent after the big turn around year. No team wants that scenario. He could walk as a FA and do well elsewhere or he could get overpaid by the team and regress. No, he will get a low salary, 2-3 year deal with little to no signing bonus somewhere. It'll have incentives in case he improves, but they'll be no real cap consequences if he's cut - even in training camp. And Manuel will want another chance and he will still get his entire $1.616M in 2016.

Seems easier than all that. He would be brought in as a backup, like he is here. 1.6 is pretty cheap for a first rounder who "may turn it around". But no one is hiring him to turn it around, or as "a project"--just to be their backup. He can do that job OK and that price (for one year) shouldn't scare off anyone looking for a serviceable benchwarmer.

59.1 % completion ratio - That must be a really thin barn, maybe 5 inches wide? 16 games a bust @ 6-8

63.2 % completion ratio - what a huge difference WRT Tyrod 12 games a hero @ 6-6

But maybe this just shows that EJ is really good at Defense and Tyrod is really bad at Defense? I mean the QB has to put up AND defend against points, right?

Seems easier than all that. He would be brought in as a backup, like he is here. 1.6 is pretty cheap for a first rounder who "may turn it around". But no one is hiring him to turn it around, or as "a project"--just to be their backup. He can do that job OK and that price (for one year) shouldn't scare off anyone looking for a serviceable benchwarmer.

Don't understand why so many use the term "serviceable" second stringer, benchwarmer,whatever.

This guy is anything but serviceable. 0-2 this year including an epic meltdown. But yea he can find the laces

On a football. Maybe it hat's all it takes to be "serviceable" I sure hope he is servicing another team next year.

Don't understand why so many use the term "serviceable" second stringer, benchwarmer,whatever.

This guy is anything but serviceable. 0-2 this year including an epic meltdown. But yea he can find the laces

On a football. Maybe it hat's all it takes to be "serviceable" I sure hope he is servicing another team next year.

It's a backup QB.

Quick, name every #2 QB in the NFL. Don't look it up.

There you go....

I agree with the OP. I understand practice and training camp time, but you got to put him on the field and give him a chance. The blocking, receivers, everything is just different when you are out there against 3rd stringers.

If Tyrod is the man, so be it. But it just doesn't feel like EJ is getting a fair shake at this point. He was our first round pick and only played a little over one season.

Besides, if it is Tyrod, then I think EJ should be the back-up as 5 mil is too much to pay a back-up.

You're right. Where's Losman and Edwards at? I want to see them one more time. They deserve one more shot with the Bills. 16 year playoff drought isn't enough, bring in EJ/Trent/Losman in for a 3 way competition next year. Let the best man win!!!! GOD I LOVE THESE BILLS AND THE FANS!! SO SMART SO EDUCATED SO ARTICULATE!!! HAHA just kidding guys, these 3 guys stink, lets give Matt Simms the job next year, you know lets just see what he can do? Why not try Matt Simms? Why not try Matt Haselback next year? Lets bring in Hasselback for a workout he could potentially be our franchise QB the next 5 years. Also what ever happened to Matt Leinart? He deserves one more shot, lets bring in Leinart to compete.

It's a backup QB.

Quick, name every #2 QB in the NFL. Don't look it up.

There you go....

Gotcha so every team has clowns of Manuels abilities as backups. here's one the Broncos do not. You know the rest.

manuel is as far from being a sericeable backup as Jeff Tuel is. And Tuel would come cheaper most likely.

That's all my point was.

Great job Nova!! Perry Mason have NOTHING on you. They sour on EJ because he was the 1st rd pick that hasn't led them to the playoffs. What's your retainer fee? Lol

Leave Nova alone while you have a chance!! Cassel was most people on here answer earlier, remember?

It's funny how one guy with potential is great after 14 games yet the other guy plainly sucks when the two are very close together in the big picture.

Pretty clear why some have a hate on for TT. They are not over EJ yet. :cry:

There is a huge difference here as I see it.

I am critical of TT but I have yet to call him a failure, I also would be critical of EJ if he were playing (which he is not).

On the other hand many say EJ is a failure. Now I ask you. Who really is the "hater"?

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Gotcha so every team has clowns of Manuels abilities as backups. here's one the Broncos do not. You know the rest.

manuel is as far from being a sericeable backup as Jeff Tuel is. And Tuel would come cheaper most likely.

That's all my point was.

Your point is poorly made then. No one is taking Tuel as their #2, certainly not ahead of EJ.

You know what, both EJ and Taylor looked bad when they had to throw the ball 30+ times a game. Conversely, both looked good when they didn't need to throw more than 30 times a game and the run game was working to the tune of 30 rushes a game.

It looks to me like Greg Roman has the formula on how to develop an inexperienced QB by pounding the rock while letting him find the receiver in single coverage. How long it takes is another question.

That's an interesting point.

Another way of saying that would be that EJ looked bad in both the games he started, and looked good when he was in for a play, or two, and didn't have to throw the ball. And, Taylor looked bad against the Giants, and good in the other 11 games he started.

How is that even a comparison? Is this board still having this debate? Seriously?

That's an interesting point.

Another way of saying that would be that EJ looked bad in both the games he started, and looked good when he was in for a play, or two, and didn't have to throw the ball. And, Taylor looked bad against the Giants, and good in the other 11 games he started.

How is that even a comparison? Is this board still having this debate? Seriously?

I must be missing some sarcasm here.

> TT only looked bad in the Giants game and good in the other 11 games he started? <

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

EJ got his chance to step up & show what he learned while being a back up both behind Orton & now Tyrod , IMHO EJ has run his coarse in B/Lo it's time to man up & realize that what was said about him coming out of college was all true & let him go !!

Which i think could be the reason why they brought in Dysert to the practice squad ! I saw EJ last year at SJF & he has little or no consistency throwing the ball he will never be any thing but a very shaky back up in the NFL !

Great guy but thats about where it ends !!

I must be missing some sarcasm here.

> TT only looked bad in the Giants game and good in the other 11 games he started? <

That was the only game he threw more than 30 times. I was rewording Nihilarian's post. Sarcasm, yes.

11 good games from Tyrod ? That's a good one.

Jesus, people, follow the thread!

It's funny how one guy with potential is great after 14 games yet the other guy plainly sucks when the two are very close together in the big picture.

You can fond a comparison of their last 12 starts here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183866-we-need-a-real-qb/page-9 Please explain how they are "very close together." Edited by Kirby Jackson

Pretty clear why some have a hate on for TT. They are not over EJ yet. :cry:

It is possible for a Bills fan to see that Tryrod has some things to improve on and state that in a thread and not be an EJ fanboy. I think Tyrod has done well. But he has a lot of work to do, that's all. Doesn't make me an EJ fanboy. See how that works?

Go Tyrod

Go EJ

Go BILLS !!

I fully supported EJM prior to the bumbling of the the London Fiasco.

I can see EJM having a Todd Collins-like, late career splash when he is in his early 30's, and has finally overcome his jitters, and honed his game enough to be a good veteran off the bench. But there is no way he should take up a space on the Bills roster for the next 10 years, while waiting for that to happen.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I fully supported EJM prior to the bumbling of the the London Fiasco.

I can see EJM having a Todd Collins-like, late career splash when he is in his early 30's, and has finally overcome his jitters, and honed his game enough to be a good veteran off the bench. But there is no way he should take up a space on the Bills roster for the next 10 years, while waiting for that to happen.

he will never have that opportunity. IMO he will be out of the NFL in three years or less.

What are his plusses? None.

he will never have that opportunity. IMO he will be out of the NFL in three years or less.

Love this nonsense. Ej haters must go overboard.

Matt Cassel, Ryan Lindley, Orlovsky, Yates, Renfree and will cash NFL checks while EJ will not.

PS Mcgloin, Fales

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The next post you make ryan that is not attacking " haters" or somene lol. Will be your first ever dude. truth

It's fun calling out people when they say zany things. Try it.

A guy whose won games as a starter won't have a job but guys with zero wins will. Makes sense to me

Edited by Ryan L Billz

EJM surely blew it for 5 minutes in the jags game. And he's not been particularly good. But I just don't see the upgrade to our 53 taking the dead money plus signing a guy.

Are we really better off with Taylor, cassel, mid round rookie and ej dead money than we would be Taylor, ej, rookie and dead money spent upgrading another backup spot?

That's not pro-ej as much as asking what's the alternative?

EJM surely blew it for 5 minutes in the jags game. And he's not been particularly good. But I just don't see the upgrade to our 53 taking the dead money plus signing a guy.

Are we really better off with Taylor, cassel, mid round rookie and ej dead money than we would be Taylor, ej, rookie and dead money spent upgrading another backup spot?

That's not pro-ej as much as asking what's the alternative?

This is a fair point. I really only see an EJ move happening if we are trying to trade him to get some value out of him before letting him walk for nothing.

It's fun calling out people when they say zany things. Try it.

A guy whose won games as a starter won't have a job but guys with zero wins will. Makes sense to me

I'll say it again. Your guy EJ blows. And Will be out of the league like many other first round busts soon. he has zero game. Zero feel, and like any FSU fan knew has a lot of air between the ears. The dumbed down offense was tailored for EJ. Buddy Nix never saw that though.

Even Whaley may have figured it out by now. keep hoping and don't lose that dvd of EJ's Carolina game. His short moment in the sun.

He has perfect size, good arm, and has won games in the NFL. He will get a shot to be a back up with another team, and MIGHT hang on. If he gets into a game or 2 as a back up somewhere, and doesn't blow it, he will be able to hang around.

As he ages, hopefully he will become comfortable enough to lose his jitters. Again, I don't want him on the Bills roster, I am merely saying that I could see him hanging around long enough to have limited success as a guy off the bench.

It's not really a big compliment.

That was the only game he threw more than 30 times. I was rewording Nihilarian's post. Sarcasm, yes.

For clarity sake and not to argue this point. Passing Attempts of 30 or more (Tyrod Taylor stats page)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

NE #1 - 30

Giants - 42

NE #2 - 36

KC - 38

Phi - 36

You can fond a comparison of their last 12 starts here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183866-we-need-a-real-qb/page-9 Please explain how they are "very close together."

Let me try to spell it out for you. WINS and LOSSES

Stats don't mean **** when the L's are equal to or greater than W's.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

I'll say it again. Your guy EJ blows. And Will be out of the league like many other first round busts soon. he has zero game. Zero feel, and like any FSU fan knew has a lot of air between the ears. The dumbed down offense was tailored for EJ. Buddy Nix never saw that though.

Even Whaley may have figured it out by now. keep hoping and don't lose that dvd of EJ's Carolina game. His short moment in the sun.

He's not my guy. I'm just laughing at the overboard manner in which you and the other Anti Manuelites carry yourselves.

He will have a job as a backup for a long time. I know that will displease you for some reason, I believe that would be called hating.