Blue & White Scrimmage 8/8 6pm

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After review, if we are being honest - we do not have a QB on the roster qualified to start and win in today's NFL. Until remedied, anything beyond a wildcard birth is out of this teams grasp...

Great! So we'll be 0-16 and drafting 1st next spring. That's fabulous news. We won't need to watch a single game now that those results are in. Thanks!

So are we still mathematically alive for the playoffs

The Bills - like all the other teams in The League - control their own destiny. NOW is the time for them to start talking about that - not in November/December.

so you give it to a guy who was put in to play with the 1s so the 2 younger QB's can develop and learn with the 2's.

develop and learn, develop and learn why dos that sound so..... appropriate?

YES, I so believe when real games start it will not be Meh running the Roman offense.

hahahahaha really, you want to rethink that?

this guy maybe?

I believe Cassel will be the starter. I am on record as wanting Taylor. You can check the records. Who you want and who you think will win are two totally different things. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think it is way to early to call.

Cassel is a known qty. The other two are not.

I have my opinions , but they are not worth much. Because i do not know what they are coaching play to play.

But i am rooting for EJ and hoping for Tyrod and i don't care about Matt one bit.

If he starts the season is wasted.

if he holds a clipboard he is too expensive.

conundrum>

i will wait and see. then come Colts i will predict the starter

:nana:

Edited by 3rdand12

Great! So we'll be 0-16 and drafting 1st next spring. That's fabulous news. We won't need to watch a single game now that those results are in. Thanks!

The Bills - like all the other teams in The League - control their own destiny. NOW is the time for them to start talking about that - not in November/December.

So this upcoming preseason game is a "must-win"?

I believe Cassel will be the starter. I am on record as wanting Taylor. You can check the records. Who you want and who you think will win are two totally different things.

This is the way I see it as well.

I think it's Cassel but I would prefer Taylor stepped up because his brand of hyper-mobility is a good fit for a team that wants to run the ball a lot but has a shaky interior OL.

When EJ was drafted I felt he was talented but a very slow learner who was going to take about 5 years to get a grasp on the game and become a capable starter. That opinion hasn't changed.

If Tyrod can turn into a poor-mans Russell Wilson, then a rookie at one guard and a washed-out center with shot legs can be covered up.

The Seahawks don't value interior OL for this very reason.

None of these QB's are going to pick defenses apart with pinpoint passing.

But the time to worry about how far the team can go without a high quality QB is over.

This is the epitome of a "one play at a time" team that is going to have to play conservatively and not turn the ball over to win a lot of close games.

If they come out flat a few times, overlooking an opponent etc. they will be out of the playoffs again.

If everything goes right they could end up in a SB.

What not having a top QB REALLY means is that you aren't going to compete consistently over a long period of time. Not that you absolutely can't win once.

There is NO Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning or John Elway in the upcoming draft!! Cook, Hackenburg or Hogan aren't sure bets

Cook is the MAN, didn't you see my sig?

No, because the rest of the team was still a godawful trainwreck.

In the postseason, which is littered with injuries and bad weather, QB play is mitigated by strong D and a run game. We have those.

That Ravens team was a long time ago, we NEED beter QB play, period.

Cook is the MAN, didn't you see my sig?

I'm on mobile so I can't see it. What does it say? Did cook say he would win the Superbowl his rookie year?

Or did he say that he was the next Montana?

Honestly, it doesn't matter, til he's here, he's not worth tanking for.

Here is what I think based on everything we have heard/seen:

Tyrod Taylor: Rex and Roman want Tyrod to turn into Buffalo's version of Kap. Be smart, hand the ball off a lot, kill the other team with some big runs, and uncork a deep pass to torch them once in a while. But no need for huge passing yardage. Tyrod gives you blazing running speed and a big arm, the same main traits as Kapernick in SF. He's the one with the most exciting skill set in my view, and best fits what Roman has done in SF before. Don't forget that even Alex Smith can run, Kap is just better at it and has a stronger arm. Plus he would be "their guy." Coaches always want their own guys if there is no established starter.

Matt Cassel: He's their "sigh and settle" QB. If Tyrod can't win the job AND EJ doesn't blow people away you settle for the "solid veteran" who really is as exciting as vanilla ice cream. But he can't really play the role of the dual threat QB with a big arm. In fact, he poses almost no threat to the defense at all IMO. He's just a guy.

EJ: To me, EJ has to CLEARLY be better than everyone else on a consistent basis to win the job. In short, he is damaged goods, and he is someone else's mess. Marrone and Whaley picked him and they gave up on him the day they signed Orton IMO. It was just a matter of when EJ was pulled at that point. Argue all you want but it was pretty clear that nobody who put their necks on the line believed in him last year, and it doesn't seem any different this year. The "QB purgatory" comment from Whaley is hardly a ringing endorsement. Forget fair, this is the NFL. Impressions of EJ on the FIELD are not good, so he is going to have a steep hill to climb to change them. Doing "pretty well" isn't going to matter. He needs to play so well that they CANNOT go with someone else.

All just my opinion, but I think they WANT Tyrod to win the job, will settle for Cassel otherwise, and are simply doing their due diligence with EJ just in case.