Blue & White Scrimmage 8/8 6pm

My point is that "the best guy" is subjective. It's open to interpretation.

Just think about how job searches work in almost any field.

I think (and it's just my opinion) that Rex and his staff want Tyrod to win the job and have serious doubts about EJ. Cassel is just there as a security blanket.

So in that case, for the coaches to arrive at the conclusion that EJ is "the best guy" he is going to have to win them over to a much larger degree than the other two.

Am I suggesting it isn't fair to EJ? Not overtly, because I think that the coaches would say they are being totally objective. But I do not think that any human being can be totally objective.

We tend to see what we want to see and arrive at conclusions accordingly.

Ahh, I get what youre saying. Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the way I see it as well.

I think it's Cassel but I would prefer Taylor stepped up because his brand of hyper-mobility is a good fit for a team that wants to run the ball a lot but has a shaky interior OL.

When EJ was drafted I felt he was talented but a very slow learner who was going to take about 5 years to get a grasp on the game and become a capable starter. That opinion hasn't changed.

If Tyrod can turn into a poor-mans Russell Wilson, then a rookie at one guard and a washed-out center with shot legs can be covered up.

The Seahawks don't value interior OL for this very reason.

None of these QB's are going to pick defenses apart with pinpoint passing.

But the time to worry about how far the team can go without a high quality QB is over.

This is the epitome of a "one play at a time" team that is going to have to play conservatively and not turn the ball over to win a lot of close games.

If they come out flat a few times, overlooking an opponent etc. they will be out of the playoffs again.

If everything goes right they could end up in a SB.

What not having a top QB REALLY means is that you aren't going to compete consistently over a long period of time. Not that you absolutely can't win once.

Fantastic post! Having a qb who can run is a great thing. I heard a couple of old time NFL defensive linemen say that they would rather play against Joe Montana than Steve Young and remember being surprised. Players have many good things to say about Taylor. I am sure he will get a chance this season.

When the Bills drafted EJ I was excited because I saw some you tube clips where he was running all over the field. On the Bills, when he ran I thought that he usually looked clumsy, lumbering, and indecisive. Because he is a young player I'll give him the indecisive. The other two are a concern imo.

Every single year, fans deem the opener to be crucial. Well, I have fallen in this trap once again. If they can beat Luck, this team really can go places imo. But this of course is a big IF.