Leodis? Time to be worried?

Set back with his ankle? Good opportunity for Darby? I think loseing LM early could be big trouble for us . especially in the opener. Any info on what's really going on with him? I like Darby but not as a day 1 starter. Do they move Graham back to cb if LM isn't available? Do we cut LM now, he is making 4+ mill a year. I think this is a big story. And no one cares

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why no one should have any gripes about drafting Darby. D won't miss a beat. Still have depth with Graham able to move to CB and potentially Cockrell getting work. Didn't necessarily see Leo staying with the team longer than this year given his contract and the presence of Darby. Don't have an opinion yet, but interested in seeing how it plays out.

Certainly a concern, but a mild one on day 2 of camp. Leodis was playing the best football of his career before he broke the ankle, I hope he can pick up where he left off, but he is approaching 30 when the body doesn't quite bounce back the same.

I'll be more concerned if this set back keeps him off the field come mid August.

Set back with his ankle? Good opportunity for Darby? I think loseing LM early could be big trouble for us . especially in the opener. Any info on what's really going on with him? I like Darby but not as a day 1 starter. Do they move Graham back to cb if LM isn't available? Do we cut LM now, he is making 4+ mill a year. I think this is a big story. And no one cares

Are we supposed to cut every guy that gets hurt? Did you not thing Darby would be on the field 60% of the snaps anyway? I'm hoping Leo is available but your post is a little over the top

It's a concern...why do you say no cares?

I think people are looking for a mid-point statement. One reasonably should always be concerned about every player at about anytime in a sport so prone to violence and injury. However, I would also say, that there is no need to WORRY (meaning break a sweat or advocate making a roster change unless there is some proven medical report.

I actually do not think is reasonable to worry about losing a player if you have a comparable back-up.

Even if we lost Leodis, I am not worried because I think Ghrahm can be a capable starting CB starter if needed and that I am hopeful Darby or even Brooks in a pinch can fill to accompany Gilmore. 5 deep for two starting CB slots means we should remain concerned, but I would worry about OL way before being worried about CB.

I

On the contrary, I viewed Darby as a Day One starter. I use nfldraftscout.com to get my initial impressions on college players and they had him with a late-first round grade, I think. 1st round physical talent with some questions in the technical aspects of his game. When the Bills drafted him, I figured they would mold him into that press-man coverage CB that this defense needs. I wouldn't be surprised or worried ifbhe starts right away.

While I don't like the fact that McLovin is unable to practice, he's been around long enough that he shouldn't need many reps....as a rookie, however, Darby can use as many as he can get. This is an opportunity for Darby to grow up fast, and in terms of team depth and experience, probably serves the Bills better in the long run.

All this speculation is fun! Does anyone actually know anything about his condition? I'd find relevant information interesting, but I haven't heard anything yet.

they could leave him on NFI if he's not ready by the season. That would be a 6 week thing. I hope he's ready though.

Certainly a concern, but a mild one on day 2 of camp. Leodis was playing the best football of his career before he broke the ankle, I hope he can pick up where he left off, but he is approaching 30 when the body doesn't quite bounce back the same.

I'll be more concerned if this set back keeps him off the field come mid August.

surmises this well

not to mention mckelvin plays with a high athletic ability more so then developed finesse and skill. that being the case he will do just fine as long as he can physically play. there is a difference between someone like him and antonio cromartie - who is not as athletic and more so a skill player. mckelvin is just a very great athlete.