Leodis? Time to be worried?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of a sudden with the shift of Graham to FS. our CB depth is terrible. Im sure if Darvy cant cut it or we have an injury Graham would move to CB, but still.

Thing is, CG and AW can both move back to corner in a pinch. We also have this butler guy everyone keeps raving about as well. Brooks and cockrell don't seem to be doing too well, but if Meeks, Rambo or duke prove thrmseleves at safety, our depth isn't all that bad.

Thing is, CG and AW can both move back to corner in a pinch. We also have this butler guy everyone keeps raving about as well. Brooks and cockrell don't seem to be doing too well, but if Meeks, Rambo or duke prove thrmseleves at safety, our depth isn't all that bad.

This. Darby is looking great. We have Robey in the slot. We can, if absolutely necessary, roll AW or CG as a boundary CB. Brooks and Butler don't sound to be doing too bad as the 4th and 5th CBs on the roster.

I'm worried, but not panicking.

This. Darby is looking great. We have Robey in the slot. We can, if absolutely necessary, roll AW or CG as a boundary CB. Brooks and Butler don't sound to be doing too bad as the 4th and 5th CBs on the roster.

I'm worried, but not panicking.

i thought they said Darby was a liability out there today against 1st team O. And I believe that was without Watkins. But he certainly has gotten great reviews up until today.

So if Leodis isn't healthy by the start of the season what will his designation be, and impact on the cut-down to 53? IR with option to return? PUP?

it probably depends on how long they think he will be out. If they foresee it being a week or 2 into the season, I'm not sure they want to go for the full 6 weeks. But if it's close I think they will want to use his roster spot and give him the extra time. That is what I would assume at this point because he can't even put weight on it right now. Might give a guy like Mario butler a chance to make the team. Edited by YoloinOhio

Gonna get that with a Rookie......but he will be covered up by the rest of the dominant D

yep, I'm not worried, but just thought I would point out he's not superman (yet) ... And the thought of a rookie starting his first game against Luck and all those WRs is a little scary Edited by YoloinOhio

Is PUP to start the season the same as IR with designation to return? It sounds like players on PUP must sit out the first 6 games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_unable_to_perform

This is a better write-up that makes PUP and IR-designated to return separate. http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/7/23/9023391/nfl-pup-list-injured-reserve-nfi-list-rules-2015-san-francisco-49ers

@thadbrown7: Rex says McKelvin won't be ready to start the season. Good thing Darby looks good enough in camp so far to handle that job. #Billsmafia

:(

He didn't say that from what I heard. He said he wasn't sure if he'd be ready.

He didn't say that from what I heard. He said he wasn't sure if he'd be ready.

agreed. I kind of gathered after listening to Rex that they really don't have a timetable at this point but it definitely wasn't season-ending. He can't even put weight on it right now but hopefully he can make progress.

He's proven a lot of people including myself wrong the last 2 seasons, was very good last year and I want him available even if Darby is just as good. If McKelvin isn't there, what happens when Gilmore or Darby gets hurt? Brooks may be able to handle the slot but the outside? Graham is a starting safety, how good are Duke Williams, Cockrell? No matter what you do you've probably downgraded significantly somewhere back there which can force Rex to change his calls.

And just to stress, mckelvin was excellent in 2013. He's a quality nfl starter when healthy.

OK, thanks. I'll get on it!

:lol:

agreed. I kind of gathered after listening to Rex that they really don't have a timetable at this point but it definitely wasn't season-ending. He can't even put weight on it right now but hopefully he can make progress.

I did not feel very confident about the "setback" when hearing Rex.

Not sure how many reps he needs in this defense if he is playing press and or man coverage.

But i am not happy about it.

Hate to throw Darby into the fire and see him struggle like rookie corners SO OFTEN DO !

because then we fans get all twisted up an take sides.

: )