Leodis? Time to be worried?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leodis will start once he's healthy and will do well in this defense. No need to worry.

thats not the issue for me> When will he be healthy. with Gilmore and Leo i was feeling pretty confident in Rexs defense. and Robey, and Graham floating in between somewhere. Darby at first glance seems to be a great pick up.

I want Leodis back at full speed to start the season. he does not need the reps as long as he gets the defense mentally.

Graham is not so good with the speed guys on the outside. smart as hell but not fast enough anymore. Darby would probably be the guy with help

They drafted Darby for a reason. McKelvin has been living a charmed life with mediocre play on a mediocre team. A sign this team is no longer mediocre is when McKelvin is gone.

Hmm...

I have gone from a leo freakout ,to pretty confident when i see the ball going his way.

he has always been able to run with the player. just could not break up the play

Donnie fixed that. its a fact. you want Leo at full speed this year.

Certainly a concern, but a mild one on day 2 of camp. Leodis was playing the best football of his career before he broke the ankle, I hope he can pick up where he left off, but he is approaching 30 when the body doesn't quite bounce back the same.

I'll be more concerned if this set back keeps him off the field come mid August.

everyone heals differently, and a clean, non-displaced fracture w/ no soft tissue damage is not a big deal for a 30 yo. Heck, I'm 46 and just had surgery, and my MD commented he'd love to operate on me again b/c of how fast I healed.

They drafted Darby for a reason. McKelvin has been living a charmed life with mediocre play on a mediocre team. A sign this team is no longer mediocre is when McKelvin is gone.

they drafted him because he was bpa on their board and to replace mckelvin at some point. I don't think they expected it to be this soon, and maybe it won't be, but CB was a sneaky "need" on this team. Graham has good ball skills and intelligence but not the speed to play the outside, and Robey is super in the slot but can't play outside either nor cover big WRs. Brooks is a decent st player and ok backup but hasn't shown to be starting caliber. I have no idea what Cockrell is yet simply because he hasn't played, but a 4th rd pick isn't likely to become a stud outside corner. He projects more to the slot as a backup to Robey. It was a dynamite pick if Darby produces. Edited by YoloinOhio

ABSOLUTELY !! With the Bills needing $$ to resign our MD on Defense , his contract $ that cold be saved rather than him being put on IR could be used for Dareus future in B/lo !!

If it looks as though he will be on IR again which i hope he's okay BUT !! If he's not see later Leodis !

This is the second year in a row & with the depth at the position adding that with the way the new scouting department can pick out new good players from college , go for it put him up for trade or cut him !!

Got to get the $$ from some where & would rather have it come from a guy that can't get on the field rather than brining a good playing rookie a legit chance !!

Set back with his ankle? Good opportunity for Darby? I think loseing LM early could be big trouble for us . especially in the opener. Any info on what's really going on with him? I like Darby but not as a day 1 starter. Do they move Graham back to cb if LM isn't available? Do we cut LM now, he is making 4+ mill a year. I think this is a big story. And no one cares

Conflicted much??

Set back with his ankle? Good opportunity for Darby? I think loseing LM early could be big trouble for us . especially in the opener. Any info on what's really going on with him? I like Darby but not as a day 1 starter. Do they move Graham back to cb if LM isn't available? Do we cut LM now, he is making 4+ mill a year. I think this is a big story. And no one cares

he excelled in this defense 2 yrs ago he will be alright, long season to go.

surmises this well

not to mention mckelvin plays with a high athletic ability more so then developed finesse and skill. that being the case he will do just fine as long as he can physically play. there is a difference between someone like him and antonio cromartie - who is not as athletic and more so a skill player. mckelvin is just a very great athlete.

I respectfully, but strongly disagree.

McKelvin's biggest asset is his speed. The man is greased lightening. When he first came to Buffalo and returned a couple of kicks to the house, I thought he could be an all time great returner. Goodwin is even faster but I digress.

I liken Leodis to a cornerback version of Lee Evans. Take away the blinding speed and there might not be enough left to carry him at the starting corner level.

An example of an athletic corner on the Bills would be Nate Clements. He was a freak athlete who did summersaults after some plays, and he was big. Unless he had injuries that I didn't know about I think that he may not have had the heart for football but again, I digress.

In summary, I think Leodis is going to have problems if he loses that half step of speed that elevates his play.

Jmo.

Hmmm...I disagree. IMO, prior to his injury, Leodis was arguably the best CB on the field for Buffalo last season. He has come a long way...largely due to Donnie Henderson.

McKelvin is important to this team.....and his loss would hurt. MeKelvin is getting older, and, things like this end careers. Hoping he is not there yet, but who knows...he has been somewhat brittle over the years. He can run like a deer, but he has to stay healthy to be on the field. Lets hope he has a year or two left.....and he recovers in time to start the season.

Darby's been our best corner in training camp per Carucci:

Ronald Darby putting a stranglehold on a starting spot: Opportunity is knocking, and Ronald Darby seems inclined to answer. With Leodis McKelvin still bothered by the ankle he broke last season, Darby is getting a great deal of work as a starting cornerback. And the rookie is performing exceptionally well. Through two practices, he has an interception, a near pick-off and multiple pass break-ups. He has clearly been the Bills' best cover corner in camp.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/02/bills-camp-day-three-outlook-schedule/